Levi's Vintage Clothing

p5220020xs0.jpg

The pair on the left is a 1999 201 with single arcuate, on the right is the inferior 2005 issue with double stitched arctuate, although I have removed the "diamond" in the centre. Also the pockets are positioned slightly differently,

p5220020xs0.jpg

The pair on the left is a 1999 201 with single arcuate, on the right is the inferior 2005 issue with double stitched arctuate, although I have removed the "diamond" in the centre. Also the pockets are positioned slightly differently,

I have both also and the earlier 555s a way better. The blue/green line denim is just outstanding. Those Thai fakes are in NO WAY better than those 555 201s.

Today I scored a pair of what looks like some 1920 201 LVCs. I was FREAKING OUT when I spotted these on the rack at the thrift store I went to. At first I thought they were the real deal until I saw the inside tag. They look pretty legit to me, anyone have an idea of the story behind these and how much they would be worth?...

That's last year's vault piece, it retailed for $501 or thereabouts. I did see it for sale at the SF Levi's Union Square store but I forget what the sale price was. They also turn up on eBay fairly often, or did for a while. I think it's fair to say that for $15, you got a damn good deal. :D

Hi there,

Had another nube question on 1947 501's.

I have been looking for a while at importing some.

I want to get the rawest of the raw and the darkest of the dark.

although there seems to be some discrepancies someone might be able to help out with.

i tried on a pair of 1947's that had a fade, which i pefer i made myself.

The cut was relatively slim and pretty much a classic.

really liked it

I have looked on Rakuten and there is a big variance in price for what would seem to be very similar products ( the newbie bit of my question)

Is there one style of 1947s that is slimmer in the leg than others?

for instance

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/fabrics/484827/520551/752924/#809576

are killers.

but how do they differ from

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/47501-0017/

is there something i am missing?

why the huge price diff ?

I am confused.

and i dont want to end up with a pair of saginass sacks.

can anyone shed any light on this?

the darkest and slimmest of the 1947's

questionmark's slim looking ones on this thread look great

any help would put me out of my misery.

and be greatly appreciated

many thanks

JJ:confused:

"any help would put me out of my misery.

and be greatly appreciated"...

Ill put you out of your misery BAAAAAAAAAMMM!!! your dead.

No but I think I saw that they had different codes. Someone else chime in please im too lazy. OH wait, im at work im busy. sorry.

Congratulations Chipper on one of the most useless posts I have ever read. Glad you are busy at work so we don't have to wade through anything else like that.

scully I tried translating the page but my work IT dept has blocked the translator so I am unable to get to the bottom of the question. I hope someone else can answer it; if not, I will take a look when I get home and see if I can figure it out.

Only had quick look. Denim on the first pair looks nice, not certain but it might be a slightly different fabric to the normal, Cone stuff. It looks liek they've just rejigged a couple of details, slightly oversized pockets and a huge Two Horse patch.

Get the raw standard 47s and you'll be fine, they're cut pretty tight and I reckon they keep their colour: (this is probably already on this thread somewhere, but it's easier to relink the photo than to search for it)... two washes...

501front1947.jpg

Cheers Paul T

So more like the second ones.

That was my feeling on it.

I am going to wear them raw for as long as possible then go a cold soak.

But with a 36 length i should probably get them altered down a bit or i am going to have turn ups to my knees.

i am a 32 waist and a 32 length gives me the perfect fall or a good turn up.

to you reckon is it worth oversizing them to a 33 for the shrink ?

they ask you to go 2 sizes up but i am going to stretch the crap outta these and only soak them once they stink.

thanks heaps for your time

JJ

would be curious to get questionmarks take

^ you might wanna try em on-all the 47s i've tried are quite snug on the waist compared to other LVC. You should soak them once before you wear them (you know that though right?) or else your fades will move up a few inches when you finally soak. I'd say roll those legs...

If you're a 32 w, the 34 w will be tight enough - they measure more like 33, so will shrink down to around 31, then stretch back. Best thing is get your supplier to give you the ACTUAL unshrunk waist size.

I wouldn't bother wearing them raw, it's unnecessary, even with an hour's initial soak you will get some of the shrinking out of the way without losing much colour.

1947newold.jpg

I was thinking get a 33 and cold soak.

wear them till they reek and then go again.

I hate it but its true.

I really wish there was a way of keeping them raw and not getting honeycombs on your butt when they get too much for my girlfriend and eventually have to soak.

I guess a huge drycleaning bill is the only way.

hmmm...

corporategrunt

so the hinoya ones are probably a Japanese version made domesically?

Would that be classed as a non LVC?

would there be a difference in quality?

I quite like them but will take paulT advice and try and get my Japanese translation to get a raw size measured from them.

Thanks for the tip

Thats got me thinking.

JJ

Scully I am a true 31 waist and bought 34x34 dry 47's, soaked and put them in the dryer got all the shrinking out of the way for sure. Have not actually measured them but most likely are a snug 32 x32 now. Perfect. I wear a belt to keep them from stretching. If you are a true 32 get the 34w and shrink the crap out of them.

a bit of an annoying request, but does anyone have pics of 501 33 being worn? Im trying to figure out just how loose/baggy the cut is, and how wide the leg opening is.

furthermore, any recommendations for sizing them?

thanks.

I am wearin' a 36 36.

I tried on a 34 36 and the fit was perfect, pretty tight. Tried the 32's but could not get them over my thighs. I have soaked my 36 three times, I think it feels like there is about 30-40 percent left to reach the fit on the 34.

Waist: 88-90 cm,flat on the floor, from behind

Legs: 34 cm, on the width, flat on the floor, where the crotch end

Leg opening: 23

Crotch: Width, flat on floor, 63 cm, length 39 cm

Total length: 116 cm

My waist: 86 cm

Thighs right under my ass, 70 cm

My ass is 105 cm

I am 174 cm long.

I am not sure how good my measuring methods are.

EDIT:

I tried on the 55 501 in 34 some months ago and they were looser. Weird.

a bit of an annoying request, but does anyone have pics of 501 33 being worn? Im trying to figure out just how loose/baggy the cut is, and how wide the leg opening is.

furthermore, any recommendations for sizing them?

thanks.

I had a pair of LVC 33s from a few years back and they fit much different than my early 555 ones fit. The early 33 501s are very full in the seat and thighs. The ones from a couple years ago were trimmer but not slim if that makes any since. I have my 555s 33 501s on right now and they are some of the most comfortable jeans I've ever owned. The are loose and not heavy in denim weight. 10 OZ raw red line. Maybe 11.5 now? I heard the new LVC 33s fit like the older ones which is very much in line with originals. I don't know how much this helped but if you want a great vintage look these will fit the bill. Make sure you don't cut off the NRA (national recovery act) tag.

Thanks guys! Meader, will compare youre mesurements with some of my jeans.

Up two inches from prefered size for these then, perphaps. The lack of belt loops makes me worry more about sizing, cuz too big will be really annoying.

There are belt loops on the 33's. :)

ah, you´re right of course! I just remembered the suspender buttons, so I figured the belt loops showed up on the 37s! thats great actually, that mean I can wear my wallet with them.

Meader, isnt the 36 length really long on you? Im 1,93 cm, and while prefering a 36 post soak, I think 36 might be enough if i pulled the inseams a bit when damp..

ah, you´re right of course! I just remembered the suspender buttons, so I figured the belt loops showed up on the 37s! thats great actually, that mean I can wear my wallet with them.

Meader, isnt the 36 length really long on you? Im 1,93 cm, and while prefering a 36 post soak, I think 36 might be enough if i pulled the inseams a bit when damp..

36 is really long, yes. But I like cuffs.