Levi's Vintage Clothing

Cotton , i will give it a go on Sun ( i am pissed now , having watched the rugby tonite and my 42d birthday tomorrow ,) also will be f....d up tomorrow as my son goes to College in Belfast and .... well its time for a big booozing session .... do I need an excuae ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290156820500&ssPageName=STRK:MERFB:IID

Pics wont upload from IMAGESHACK , I WILL KEEP TRYING !!! However I hope these suffice for the moment . Paid a lot for this but , for me it is worth it , sold some older raw 55's and covered it . These dont come along to often , and it fit like a dream also .

I ran across an auction for a pair of LVC 1873 with silver threaded tag as Valencia, but with factory code 822. There was a picture of the button which also had 822. Does anyone know which factory this was?

Don't know which factory, but they are legt. 822 is the cocde for another Levi's factory, not Valencia or San Antonio, which turns up frequently around 2000/2001.

I wonder what else that factory produced?

On a different note, I just scored a pair of 2000 Valencia 1873's. Maybe I missed this in the search, but were they limited edition?

Raw or distressed? if there former, no. If they were limited, it's usually written clearly on the waistband. But I suspect these are the ones that came in two versions, w synthetic and non-synthetic indigo, with the pre-two-horse patch, neither of which was Ltd, like the ones here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEVIS-501-1873-POST-NEVADA-OVERALLS-SELVAGE-LVC-JEANS_W0QQitemZ300126632893QQihZ020QQcategoryZ313QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Edit: the ones shown are synthetic indigo. The natrual indigo are identical, but a paler, more royal blue colour. You can see a washed pair here, on the close-up label shot: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

Sorry to jump in. I'm a beginner here and this is my first post.

I come accross a pair of '47 Vintage currently on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280154031077&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

To all experts here, is it worth buying? If yes, how it worth?

At the same time, I also saw a '47 repro but I think this is the later/current one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-LEVIS-501-XX-BIG-E-R-DENIM-JEANS-30-X-32-NWT_W0QQitemZ330165450233QQihZ014QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My question is, compared to the first one above, what is the different other than #R at the back of the top button? Which plant produce this #R repro?

Lastly, is lot 47501-9890 legit? On which year/season this repro was produced?

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks!:)

The differences between the two are marginal. There's a nice heritage aspect to the 555 jeans, because they were made in an old factory which had been producing Levi's for a century or so. Whether you need the first pair depends on whether you want to wear the jeans from raw - which most people would want to do.

555 jeans wouldn't necessarily fetch a lot more than current LVC. There's a lot to be said for buyuing the current model for a dealer - that way you can make sure you get the correct size, or exchange them if not. This, I reckon, is more important than whether you have the 555 or current jeans. The actual denim on both of them (but not current distressed jeans) comes from Cone, who produced Levi's denim since the 1920s.

The R repro would have been produced by a contractor in the US, exact factory unknown.

More info here: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

Whether you need the first pair depends on whether you want to wear the jeans from raw - which most people would want to do.
There's a lot to be said for buyuing the current model for a dealer - that way you can make sure you get the correct size, or exchange them if not. This, I reckon, is more important than whether you have the 555 or current jeans.

Thanks Paul, there is alot more to learn from you guys.

Yes, the correct size is important. After all we're going to wear it, right?

I've scored a pair of new #R repro with lot 47501-9890 but I it's not raw or deadstock. I should received it in 1-2 weeks time.

Just wondering...talking about size, I understand that the waist/lenght of a raw preshrunk jean will slightly shrink after hot washed. Is the jean shrinking on the waist or length only or in whole? Is the upper tight and front/back rise will be shrunk as well?

I normally wear 505 with W31 L32 size. In the case of first 555 501 lvc, the description said W33 L36 but actual W31 L33. Is this means the actual size is nearer to my size overall? Can it fit me nicely (except for the lenght)? If say I get this pair, do you recon I cut on the leg to get actual L32 inseam?

Your visual guide is very informative aspecially for a beginner like me. I really enjoy reading it. Great efford!:cool:

I enjoy this thread as well: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=16120

I've bookmarked both threds.;)

I'm looking to elicit the help of Paul, air, et al. yet again to help ID some jeans. Great job on the 501 thread, Paul.

I should have checked, but I haven't yet compared these to any of my other repros. I tend to think mid-to-late 60s due to the details below. Unfortunately, no tags. Other items not shown in detail: double-sided Big E; belt loop not offset; no crotch rivet. Thanks in advance!

1403148770_0d645986e3.jpg

Two-tone stitching?

1402259589_d9f9b8637d.jpg

Faded redline:

1402258021_61a003b659.jpg

Hidden rivet:

1402259009_0d4c9ad34f.jpg

Front rivet:

1403149080_18b4d0959d.jpg

Front rivet (inside):

1402259815_f5ede1cc59.jpg

V-stitch:

1403148130_bdb9811214.jpg

No number on button:

1403148282_a87128b69d.jpg

Inside pocket:

1402258227_fcfef1be5e.jpg

I've been looking into buying a pair of 44 repros. I've only dealt with 47 repros so far, and as they are two completely different cuts, I'm having some issues with sizing.

Regarding the 2006 models, how much shrinkage/stretching can I expect in the waist and hem? I had a pair of 47s in 33x36, and they shrank down to a 31.5x33.5 The waist did loosen up to about a 34, but took too long to stretch and I couldn't deal with the narrow legs on the 47, Should I look into the 55 instead for a fuller cut? I'm partial to those painted arcuates though...

Thanks for the help in advance.

I would HIGHLY recommend the 1955s. They're a bit fuller than the 47s but not as full as the 44s anyway the ones I have from last year are cut like that.

jeans are genuine but I wouldn't bother with them unless they come in dirt cheap.

The italian versions don't use Cone denim and the sizing is likely to be different from the US-made versions. I wasn't aware that the Italain versions came in a simple rinse, which these seem to be, as far as I can tell from the dodgy link - most were washed. Newer washed LVC use Italian denim and are sewn and finished in Turkey.

the patch is deer leather on the 1947s

I just received a pair of current one-wash '47 that I bought from ebay. While most details are accurate on this repro, the leather patch is seriously lousy compared to a deadstock pair.:mad: Even paper card patch looks better visually.

Is this intentionally or a mistake?

Regards,

they don't look great, do they? Does the tag inside give a year of production? It will say something like S1 07, next to a line like 643M and the sizing. Is the design on the two-horse patch stamped in, or just printed on?

While they look legit, lots of details are weird; no sizing or Lot No printed on leather patch, differnet stitching and margins on the leather patch, a new internal tag, and a weird finish. The current 1947 washed 501s on sale in Europe are made in Turkey, but these are made in the US. I'm not impressed. I wonder if eBay vendors are maybe selling off factory seconds or other rejects?. Either way, I'd rather buy from a proven supplier and be sure about what I get...

Dejan, weird you posted while I was wondering if yo'd seen this - do the hang-tags etc on this season's LVC look like this? And have you seen an inner tag like this recently, with the batwing? And the small waist tag w barcode?

On the S2 2006 and S2 2007 jeans, the Lot No and sizing is imprinted and there is no way it would wash out.