Levi's Vintage Clothing

Don't know about the new ones but the old Cone ones shrank a lot, especially in length. If the new denim behaves similarly, it'll be very short but still have plenty of room in the arms after the wash.

Edited by Mtvare
Typo

here is the fit. I’m not sure about these ones.. I like the wide boxy fit, but will I lose that when I soak them? Wondering if I should size up more? My usual size is a 30 waist if I was buying non sanforized etc. these are a 32.

MEBJ7B5_t.jpeg MEBJ7B8_t.jpeg 

Edited by andyrcii

50 minutes ago, Flash said:

Where's the v stitch ? 

I just looked through the 501 book and some 37 era pairs have the v-stitch and some don’t . I can’t remember if my old Cone pair had it.

When I think of the v stitch all I'm talking about is a row of single stitch under the chainstitch , it could be in the shape of a v or could run almost parallel with the chainstitch . I'm not all that clued into pre war levis but I think all late 30's 501xx have this ? Maybe I'm completely wrong in my thoughts ?? I'm sure @Dr_Heech could clear it up 

3 hours ago, Flash said:

When I think of the v stitch all I'm talking about is a row of single stitch under the chainstitch , it could be in the shape of a v or could run almost parallel with the chainstitch . I'm not all that clued into pre war levis but I think all late 30's 501xx have this ? Maybe I'm completely wrong in my thoughts ?? I'm sure @Dr_Heech could clear it up 

Late 30's (allegedly c.1937) is when the single stitched run off feature (V or L stitch call it what you want) first appeared. 

But you're both right, some have it, some not so much, but you can still find it under the denim/chainstitching.

Also from 1941 there was more than one factory. The '1937' model was discontinued in early 1942 so another reason for possible variations.

Edited by Dr_Heech
To clarify

Just pulled these out. They are a raw/nos pair from 2003. Second generation, button number 643M. They are Cone denim but made in the first non-levis owned factory; but still within the US. The single stitch runoff is under the chainstitching. It goes as far as the overlock stitch. I've included this pic.

They are different from the latest lvc japan reissues. 

20220703_143550.jpg

@MJF9

Here are some more photos. Anything particular you want to see? 

Some thoughts on this model, of which I also have another pair that I’ve put about a years worth of wear. I’ll dig that pair out at some point to photograph and show the aging. 

At the time, 1998, the Antique Boutique in Manhattan had a good selection of Levi’s reissues.  Studying the details of this model, which were explained in a supplemental  book tucked into the back pocket, made me  very excited.  The back cinch was so different and fresh, it just seemed so cool.  The extra rivet at the crotch, to my eyes made this model extremely distinctive. And the arcuates?  Wow, still my all time favorite.  To my eyes, this pair of 201’s (anyone know the story of this?) looked so distinctive that I am still surprised that no one has ever commented on them, or any of the many cinchback pairs I’ve worn.  

In terms of fit, they are quite comfortable and are a flattering cut. They are not a perfect reproduction, but I consider them to be in the authentic Levi’s lineage. A fantastic pair, made in the San Francisco Valencia factory. I will never wear this pair, because it represents something ethereal that is gone forever, never to return. It really broke my heart when LVC severed its historical connection  to the Valencia heritage and I’ve never bought another pair.  Thankfully there are so many other superb options being made.

F43C2330-2D0F-40AE-B8A5-755763FDDB9B.jpeg

3FC8B6DA-BE08-4DB4-B463-89D10CA48A41.jpeg

E2E021C0-397A-4D1B-9D09-8FD840FCA99B.jpeg

AC99DF71-2FDB-4164-A57B-1A37E59D4E67.jpeg

C54B41CF-41D8-4973-BCA7-4710774AC647.jpeg

E1B5D5ED-347E-4924-B3F9-AE7B52087452.jpeg

525E4F03-F66B-4343-B2EB-B05C6312AADA.jpeg

@FurnitureMaker - this is a great looking pair. Do they fit you? If so, why not wear them? Are you a collector/reseller? If not, we're all only here borrowing stuff anyways. If you've got it, why not enjoy this woven hunk of ultimately, mostly, biodegradable material while it's in such a nice form for practical use? 

While in the process of moving, I dug out my old 44s. Started wearing these in 2019 till about sometime in start 2021 I think. Don’t fit anymore - maybe they are too small or I got bigger, haha. These are some of the more recents cone’s. Maybe some day I’ll be back in them.

CA66ECA4-9FA6-4FD5-BF09-2CC65D867BFF.jpeg

26E6827E-79D1-4695-9FDB-A26363324B10.jpeg

14C60148-832C-4EBD-A3D5-E91E5A0971E4.jpeg

376A0F36-1890-4C2E-87B2-340BCBA17C4B.jpeg

Edited by Facini