Levi's Vintage Clothing

On 5/6/2021 at 3:30 AM, andyrcii said:

Won’t consider washing before 210 days. 

Sweet.

That should result in some awsome crotch blow out!

Ever heard of Sebum?

Cotton and Sebum are not friends.

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

Sweet.

That should result in some awsome crotch blow out!

Ever heard of Sebum?

Cotton and Sebum are not friends.

no signs of any blowouts at the moment, only the usual cuff fold minor blowout. I'm not much of a sweaty guy.. but any signs and they get washed. my Lee101z were washed at 183 days and could have gone longer I reckon. 

https://www.levi.com/DE/de_DE/bekleidung/herren/jeans/levis-vintage-clothing-1955-japan-501-jeans/p/501550069

600€ anyone? I feel these special editions get more expensive by the day.
And they will surely still sell. Dunno if you can use them as an investment though for the secondary market ;)

7 hours ago, Jambon said:

Did anyone manage to pick up the limited edition Levi made in Japan? 

I tried the raffle on end but to no avail. Weren’t cheap at £545 

E66383D7-159B-4244-983B-A596BA49099E.png

Levi’s has them on the app all sizes when I looked earlier 

2 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

https://www.levi.com/DE/de_DE/bekleidung/herren/jeans/levis-vintage-clothing-1955-japan-501-jeans/p/501550069

600€ anyone? I feel these special editions get more expensive by the day.
And they will surely still sell. Dunno if you can use them as an investment though for the secondary market ;)

mmmm...

this from English site version...

image.png.3f05e5dced4a83dc53889d2d3bc53e53.png

surely that is what normal lvc '55 is these days [japanese denim, archival repro.]; so c. £300-400 diff. for MiJ [w. Japanese labels] vs. made in Turkey/Bulgaria [in plain old English tags]? 

mmmm [intensifies] ... 

anyway...

another wash

another degree of wrinkles

cone type1 fit & details

jr02YK4h.png

iGMvYIZh.jpg

51EmTtrh.jpg

lpAjmvAh.jpg

wmQQF1Sh.jpg

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

@Jambon They appear relatively easy to cart & check out on the Levi’s app (at least in the U.K.), unless that’s just to enter into a prepaid raffle. 

I won’t repeat some of the sage words posted above about these, but hope you can cop if you’re after them.

Luvvly, aged blues there @bartlebyyphonics

Edit: Sorry - jewelben already posted this  

Edited by unders

Broke out my 76s for summer wear (a bit prematurely given the weather!) in rotation with my 55s. I really like them - both the cut and the denim. My only minor gripe is that part of the pocket bag peeks out near the front belt loop - something you often see on WW2 jeans.

They’re stars, the top button has them too, although it’s less noticeable as it has a bigger diameter - I’ve just checked mine as I’m wearing them now. I’m not sure if the originals would have had that pattern at the time, though I assume they would if LVC saw fit to include it. I like the stars, they’re a cool little touch.

1890:
MEIMQ3_t.jpeg

1933:MEIMFB_t.jpeg

1947:MEIMFE_t.jpeg

1955:MEIMFG_t.jpeg

1976:MEIMFH_t.jpeg 

Its strange, i tried looking at vintage 70s Levi’s on ebay and I can’t seem to find the same button design. As for the stars, all the levis buttons have stars, not sure of you mean the little dotty bits.  76s have a sort of plasticky feel. The 55s are my favourite, they have sort of a gun metal look almost. 
the 1947s are second, very bold and substantial feeling. 

Edited by andyrcii

Yes, the top button has the spots/dots too, they’re just not as prominent as on the other buttons. The buttons on the 66s also have a nice feel to them. Overall though, LVC are not renowned for the quality of their hardware.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Yeah, I seem to recall they were most similar to the 1955s.. 

here are the modern buttons, more sharply defined and not so bold, with extra stars. Kind of what the 76 was going for but better done maybe. My favourite still is the 55s, they were knocking it out of the park in the 50s.

MEIMWE_t.jpeg

Edited by andyrcii

The last photo? A pair of “premium quality” 501s I bought a few years ago right before I got my first LVC jeans. 

they have a leather patch, big E and other assorted vintage details, no selvage and prewashed though

Edited by andyrcii

Bought recently an 1950s Overshirt in special(?) box. I tried to google it down but no info on season RRP or anything besides one wish link do different colour. Someone maybe got idea?

IMG-0036.jpg

IMG-0037.jpg

IMG-0038.jpg

IMG-0039.jpg

IMG-0040.jpg

IMG-0041.jpg