Levi's Vintage Clothing

Those are fantastic crimper. Some of the nicest train tracks I’ve seen.

I think the 333s were labelled up as a 1911 repro. I regret not getting these and the 201s. Like a complete tart, I was all about the downsized 47s when these were in the collections. 

Well remembered Unders. Yes l can see the cloth patch with 333 stamped in green (?) and there were no rivets, instead was a purple coloured bar tacking on the pocket corners.

I know there are pics in this thread somewhere because l know AirfrogUSMC had a pair. Lvc did a raw and a slightly distressed version iirc.

Edited by Dr_Heech
Fat thumb syndrome

Seriously unders, give LVC a nudge, I will too. I’ve had a serious waist overalls crush on these 333s for a good few years now and would give them some good ol’ summer lovin’ alongside my Buddy Lees. I’m all about the Loose Fit man :D

11 hours ago, unders said:

Those are fantastic crimper. Some of the nicest train tracks I’ve seen.

I think the 333s were labelled up as a 1911 repro. I regret not getting these and the 201s. Like a complete tart, I was all about the downsized 47s when these were in the collections. 

Thanks , them old Levis where the darkest blue when new and really stiff but with a lot of wear you got some nice results. I use to wear them to work which really helped.

I don't think i have seen the 333s. 

The 333 are fantastic jeans.

The repro was lovely. The original were indeed a budget range, with fabric that used recycled yarns. LVC did the same for this range, commissioned IIRC from a little mill in Portugal, bits of recycled fibre in the thread. (Not sure if the mill only span the yarns or loomed the fabric as well). It was insane attention to detail for jeans that nobody knew anything about. I am sure they sold zilch. Patches were like the 201 range but with green type. I think somewhere on this thread I posted  photos of the vintage pair in Japan that inspired the reissue.

There was a remainder sale at their showroom where they had a few pairs but none in my size, sadly. But then again, I have so many pairs of early jeans that look like they're starting to break in after 10 years of wear. At some point in my life I need to wear in  my 201, but that will probably be when I get to a care home etc.

My recollection is that the 333 were produced before, or in the early stages of, the move to Amsterdam. That was when our own Cotton Duck joined the company. RIght after that point Levi's decided LVC had to produce profits, before that it was partly about prestige. So prices went up and there were fewer quirky items (although, to be fair, items like the natural indigo 1880s could surely never have turned a chunky profit if you factor in the design time etc etc etc).

Edited by Paul T

55 minutes ago, Dry said:

501ZXXs in 1970 bought in 1969 - pity black and white pic.

IMG_20200717_1033462.jpg

501ZXXs bought in June 1971 (big E). The rear side pocket seams on these were parallel rather than splayed at the top.

IMG_20200717_1035074.jpg

2 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Here’s a link to some original 333 info with a picture of the patch that Paul mentioned.

that's a great link, Maynard, thanks!

There are other catalogues or links that mention it having recycled fibre. No-one knows who would have produced the fabric first time around.

Fascinating to see the Lot 225 black denim pants mentioned, too, I can't remember seeing that before.

There are still Made in USA 501s available. And not LVC but in their mainline and even made from selvedge denim (not Cone though).

All you have to do is buy from Levi's Japan

https://www.levi.jp/men/pants/jeans/501オリジナルフィット リジッド twohorse セルビッジ 14oz/005012546.html#start=1