Levi's Vintage Clothing

I'm on the hunt for 1955's. Hopefully LVC will have another rigid sale on again? 

The days of spending £180 for a pair are long gone now. But I may pay a visit to American classics once everything has gone back to normality. 

Been wacthing this on You Tube from Rope Dye

worth a look.

Edited by Richardcartwright

1 hour ago, Jimmy Tarbuck said:

@Richardcartwright

https://www.liquorstoreclothing.com/mens-c15/levis-vintage-clothing-1955-501-rigid-p7221 30% off here.  Might be worth checking with the store first though because the description changes when you click on sizes.

Cheers @Jimmy Tarbuck.The sizes are no good. I'm looking at 32x34. 

I did see this over the weekend and thought I could do 32×32. But I do want to have a nice cuff roll. 

On 4/14/2020 at 3:23 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

Seems like a few places are charging £190 for rigid LVC models now, End are doing it too. You could always pay £220 for USA/Cone versions from Aeroleather!

£275 for the cone versions at Aeroleather now....

On 4/14/2020 at 11:55 AM, Richardcartwright said:

I'm on the hunt for 1955's

... I may pay a visit to American classics once everything has gone back to normality. 

If doing so, try them in relation to the tcb 50s they have there too: many pages ago somewhere on the forum both PaulT and erk do pretty comprehensive comparisons between the two with the key difference being that the tcb is a bit narrower in the top block and wider in the hem... [and the 50s denim on the tcb is phenomenal]

IMO the real items that LVC do well is the pre-40s jeans [plus the '76], their jackets (the triple pleat and type I are in my grubby hands and very happy with them, a colleague has the type II and it looks tip top - LVC manage to keep those cuts boxy and don't 'modernise' the lengths) 

pet hatred: the '47: the back pocket arrangement seems all wrong...

plus: posted this tux ad naseum, but I like it... with some favourite details of the 37 denim and thread...

cGVYPyLh.jpg

mCJ0gJah.jpg

vKbMDjsh.jpg

I wore my ‘37s today as well. They where the first selvedge denim I bought back in back in 2007. At the time I though they where so wide I only used them as sweat pants. Now they’re far from the the widest pair I wear.

C0893F16-1C75-47F9-8C01-9A6C003EDEBF.jpeg

98EDE3F4-7095-4DE1-AE75-F2B986177AE6.jpeg

9 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

pet hatred: the '47: the back pocket arrangement seems all wrong...

'47 is probably my favorite of the ones I've tried, but I know it's a bit of a controversial(?) repro.  What's the issue with the pockets and who makes the best/closest '47 repro?

16 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

If doing so, try them in relation to the tcb 50s they have there too: many pages ago somewhere on the forum both PaulT and erk do pretty comprehensive comparisons between the two with the key difference being that the tcb is a bit narrower in the top block and wider in the hem... [and the 50s denim on the tcb is phenomenal]

IMO the real items that LVC do well is the pre-40s jeans [plus the '76], their jackets (the triple pleat and type I are in my grubby hands and very happy with them, a colleague has the type II and it looks tip top - LVC manage to keep those cuts boxy and don't 'modernise' the lengths) 

cGVYPyLh.jpg

@bartlebyyphonics those 37s looking great. 

Also I agree about LVC pre 40s are on the money. My 1933 are still my favs for a loose straight fit. Plus wearing braces with them for the added Grandad look. 

I've seen the TCB jeans in American classics. The price did put me off a little £200 for them and the length would need altering due to them all coming in at 39 length. 

Screenshot_20200419-115238_Chrome.jpg

45 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Tripods give you less shit ;)

c'mon, with all that sitting at home (4 weeks already and at least same amount coming) you want not less but more shit

in couple weeks you together with wife will be making photos of your tripod

17 hours ago, VivaMarlon said:

'47 is probably my favorite of the ones I've tried, but I know it's a bit of a controversial(?) repro.  What's the issue with the pockets and who makes the best/closest '47 repro?

here is a screen grab I made from cultizm circa 2018 (didn't want to use it to kvetch whilst cone was burning) but the location of back pockets creeping down the back of the thigh [when viewed in relation to the back rise seam and models hands) seems pretty apparent here... (as I understand it from others on the forum the back of the lvc '47 repro may have been made to look like a down-sized pair with that shrunken backside...)

(from left to right)1937-1944-1947

37-44-47.png

as to which is the best '47 elsewhere - have yet to try them but if I was to go for a punt: sugar cane, warehouse or freewheelers 601...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

I like most of the LVC cuts, with my least favorite being the '70s models, and the '54. When I was collecting all the LVCs I wanted before the loss of Cone fabric, I did get the '76s, but I passed on the '54s; that taper was just too much for me. I'd say my favorite is the '55. This sort of cut is what I think of when I think, "classic Levi's 501.

Years ago, when I began searching for a pair of jeans to replace my old Gap and non-LVC Levi's 505 from JC Penney's, I happened upon Self Edge, BIG, and (later) Standard & Strange.  I spent a lot of money on jeans that were nice but didn't fit (typically too trim up top).  After a number of years, I found a few models that did fit well, like the Ooe OA02 and FC1101.  Much more recently, I bought a pair of LVC '47s from b-F and realized they fit beautifully and had other characteristics that I appreciated, including bigger pockets that were easier to access.

Even though it was late in the game, and the days of LVC Cone discounts were over, I added a few pairs of LVC, including the 44, 47, 55, and 66.  I've yet to soak the 44, but the others are great.  Very happy with all of them and wished I'd discovered, and been open to, LVC earlier.  Might have saved some money on skinny, trim fit jeans that were designed for a different body type than my own.

On 4/19/2020 at 2:34 PM, 428CJ said:

I like most of the LVC cuts, with my least favorite being the '70s models, and the '54. When I was collecting all the LVCs I wanted before the loss of Cone fabric, I did get the '76s, but I passed on the '54s; that taper was just too much for me. I'd say my favorite is the '55. This sort of cut is what I think of when I think, "classic Levi's 501.

I own a pair of '54 and wear them the least because of that strong taper as well.

the cut maybe not authentic, but the denim beeing used is (was ) great, btw. it´s the same denim beeing used for the 55 and type2.

these photo i found recently at ebay and show how great something that i would call a double patterns can look, which is to achive by avoiding washing you jeans as long as possible and then to wash outside out along with with some other laundry to squeze the pair while washing and to cause the marbel effect.

501zxx-2.jpg

501zxx.jpg