Levi's Vintage Clothing

23 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Rude? A-hole? Wait, what, eh...?

...and apparently his response to being thumbed down by people is to go back in the thread and thumb their posts down. Wowzers.

On 1/19/2020 at 1:22 PM, andyrcii said:

Why are the 55 and 47 still full price? I know they are popular models but come on......

What size are you? Maybe I can sort you out.

But first what’s the deal with cone prices and stock. Haven’t been here in ages can’t even find deadstock pairs on eBay. Have a few deadstock pairs of cone 1955s rigids and 1954 rinsed/washed(not even sure what they are tbh) that I’m trying to move. Sad but I don’t think I’ll ever fit in them lol all 34x32 get at me before I throw em on eBay.

Edited by HAZARDkid

12 hours ago, HAZARDkid said:

What size are you? Maybe I can sort you out.

But first what’s the deal with cone prices and stock. Haven’t been here in ages can’t even find deadstock pairs on eBay. Have a few deadstock pairs of cone 1955s rigids and 1954 rinsed/washed(not even sure what they are tbh) that I’m trying to move. Sad but I don’t think I’ll ever fit in them lol all 34x32 get at me before I throw em on eBay.

12 hours ago, kicks79 said:

I have a deadstock cone denim 47 in size 30/34" if anyone keen. Will do a Sufu friendly price ;) 

I saw a 1947 deadstock pair w30 L34 on Grailed. Are they yours? Cones. I was tempted but they are a largeish w30 and i might be better off with a w29. My true waist is 29 inches. 

I’m also looking for a pair of 1966s, ideally in a w29 l34.

I think the jeans from American Graffiti are 1966s, looking at the arcuates. 
05c4d41332003098.jpg 0656301332003144.jpg 

Edited by andyrcii

On 1/24/2020 at 6:17 PM, andyrcii said:

I saw a 1947 deadstock pair w30 L34 on Grailed. Are they yours? Cones. I was tempted but they are a largeish w30 and i might be better off with a w29. My true waist is 29 inches. 

I’m also looking for a pair of 1966s, ideally in a w29 l34.

I think the jeans from American Graffiti are 1966s, looking at the arcuates. 
05c4d41332003098.jpg 0656301332003144.jpg 

Looking good!

On 9/4/2019 at 2:04 PM, Dry said:

Just had 2 pairs of rigid Cone Mills made in the USA raw 1966s size W32 L36 delivered expecting that I would get V2. 

I had 2 pairs of 1937 V2s delivered yesterday and the 1966s are a more generous fit in that size to the 1966s.

I love the Cone Mills denim which seems similar to the 1947s I bought about 5 years ago.

Having said that, I love the new ?Kaihara denim of the 1937s and they have been expertly put together in Bulgaria.

The price rises don't seem to affected the UK LS website, unlike Cultizm.

I can't upload pics - there was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200. Anybody know why?

IMG_20190904_1342416.jpg

The expert putting together in Bulgaria did not apply to a pair of Bulgarian 1966s which I got from Levis in October for full price but which I didn't wear until Christmas. A problem emerged with one of the seams near the yoke (not enough denim had been folded over and they frayed after washing). By this time the Sale was on but all the 34 36s had gone. I was able to get the last pair in that size which American Classics had at full price and yesterday received Levi's full price refund.

IMG_20200108_0647372.jpg

IMG_20200108_0647446.jpg

9 minutes ago, vIGGiou riou said:

plastic buttons ?????????

Yeah.... Having not owned the USA made 1966 I couldn't comment if these are different.  I think I remember reading some of the other new models have plastic buttons too.

That being said I got the 1976 v2 at the same time and the hardware on them is quite decent (non plastic).

Promised here fit pic of the 1976 V2 MIB. Size W33/L34, 10 days worn. Shrinking after initial cold wash is proportionally similar, as my other Cone's LVC did. Personal feeling is the same as I worn first days other Cone's LVC, just seam twist on right leg is strange, but I start to like it....

So here you go .....

IMGP9115.jpg

20 hours ago, Jimmy Tarbuck said:

The Bulgarian 1966s I owned briefly were shite too. Cheap plastic buttons and one leg was almost an inch longer than the other (didn't notice this until post soak but luckily levis return policy was very accommodating).

This in not such a problem if you're having them hemmed to 27" .. unless of course you're not the real Tarby?

2 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

This in not such a problem if you're having them hemmed to 27" .. unless of course you're not the real Tarby?

Of course I am @Double 0 Soul......

Me, Forsyth and Corbett used to wear head to toe Evisu golf wear.  No denim in the club house mind.

2 hours ago, cool_hand said:

can anyone shed any light on these 1947 codes:

47501 0167

47501 0117

both are Rigid made in USA - are their any differences between the jeans?

i recently grabbed a pair of 2001ish valencia street predistressed 1937s that must have been called "banned and confiscated" back then.

the denim weft has a brownish tint and it feels like they had used somekind of resin...  fit and details are the same we find with current 1937s

and different to the 201xx.

i just wonder who supplied levi´s with denim during the valencia era? cone or a japenese mill?

Edited by Sympathy-For-The-Denim