Levi's Vintage Clothing

11 hours ago, cool_hand said:

Paul, I don't believe the actual jeans you will receive will look like that earlier pic. If you go onto the website someone who purchased the 1937s has posted a picture of the jeans they received and they don't have that problem with the arcuates. I might be reading this wrong but it appears Jimmy returned his 1937s - just wondering why?

Too small in the waist pal. I need a 34 inch post soak and the size 36 were slightly under tag raw.  Based on the shrinkage I got on the 1976 and 1966 I made the right choice.  If they had come up true to tag I’d have kept them for the price.

some new 1993 repro now join LVC line

a 1993 501 with black bar tacks and Big E along with leather patch? is this an attempt to reproduce the very 1st repro? :blink2:

https://www.levi.com/DE/de_DE/levis-vintage-clothing/levis-vintage-clothing-1993s-501-straight-jeans/p/798300041

37 minutes ago, Sympathy-For-The-Denim said:

a 1993 501 with black bar tacks and Big E along with leather patch? is this an attempt to reproduce the very 1st repro? :blink2:

https://www.levi.com/DE/de_DE/levis-vintage-clothing/levis-vintage-clothing-1993s-501-straight-jeans/p/798300041

Ew.

2 hours ago, bod said:

I’m afraid it’s Kaihara cloth and made in Turkey.

Ah, that's sad. Does it state that somewhere? Could be wrong, but it looked to me as if they'd reduced retail, if so that explains it. Fabric does look interesting though.

1 hour ago, Paul T said:

Ah, that's sad. Does it state that somewhere? Could be wrong, but it looked to me as if they'd reduced retail, if so that explains it. Fabric does look interesting though.

I checked the lot number 61866-0010 against a Japanese site selling them.

2 hours ago, Sympathy-For-The-Denim said:

I think these are labelled wrong. There’s a few similar styles on the UK site with Levis Vintage Clothing in the description but they are actually part of some new 1993 501 range for the mainline.

5 hours ago, bod said:

I’m afraid it’s Kaihara cloth and made in Turkey.

when I ordered my Triple Pleat I checked the product code number on Levi's UK and it stated 

Style # 264080000 

This is the correct code for the Cone version - they are also using the original Cone denim version product shots, however what I've received is made in Turkey. Went and checked the code and it appears to have been updated to 264080010 - that or I'm going mad! Also ordered the 1890's on the off-chance they were still old stock - nope - made in Bulgaria. 

Overall quality on these garments is poor - buttons are already falling off the jacket and I haven't even tried it on.

RIP LVC.

If you're considering ordering either 1890s or 1976 be warned they come up short in the length - a 34 is 33 and a 36 is 35.

Denim is meh , reminds of when Levi's did 10th anniversary reissue of the Levi's Red 1st Comfort jean and the denim was a shadow of the original.

It's a real shame what's happened to LVC. I guess it was only a matter of until big business decision making took over the line for the sake of profitability.
Even more of a shame is that pricing remains the same as the MiUSA stuff despite the change in production.
Glad I got a pair of Cone 76's for the collection.

33 minutes ago, Broark said:

It's a real shame what's happened to LVC. I guess it was only a matter of until big business decision making took over the line for the sake of profitability.
Even more of a shame is that pricing remains the same as the MiUSA stuff despite the change in production.
Glad I got a pair of Cone 76's for the collection.

totally agree -- I have been wearing the USA made Cone 1947's for the past 15 years -- it is a shame

Yup. Why I grabbed everything I wanted before the change. Just in case. 1880s, ‘15s, ‘33s, ‘44s, ‘55s, ‘66s, ‘76s, TPB, type 1. Most of it I already had. But when Cone announced its closure, I made extra sure to get ‘33s, ‘76s, and a type 1. Still managed to get it all with good discounts too.

Ha, so the reason that fabric looks like Cone is because... they're using old photos of Cone.

Of course, i'm assuming the new faric is Kaihara, but there is a chance it's Kurabo, who produced the first version. Looks nothing at all like the Cone, which is blue-er and much much gnarlier. Have we had any indication?

My 1890s are Kurabo and are looking pretty good, they fade from a black blue to a very turquoise colour. But not as nice as the Cone, or the natural indigo that TCB are using for their 3-pleat, which looks pretty like the Cone, nice and stripey.

Dono if the Levi’s web page always been kinda crap but it sure is now. Product pictures showing something completely different (like the ‘37s), I’ve been redirected to a completely different pair of jeans when picking different washes of a denim, Calling the raw versions black on all lvc jeans. The above mentioned 1993 reissue being in the lvc line... The list goes on. They must really be struggling if they can’t even get the web page to work properly.

58 minutes ago, bod said:

Ah, thanks for this. The Kaihara looks like a kind of cross between the first Kurabo, and the Cone. They seem to say the Kaihara version is completely loomstate. (and btw I'm saying that we started the loomstate craze on SuFu with the Roy Cone fabric. It was my and Ralph Tharpe's notion to do that, with the 1915 yarn. I don't recall anyone doing that before).

Has anyone else noticed how the cut looks really different? In the Rakuten photo the tilt from front to back looks much more drastic.

aa1b181330753947.jpg cc28ce1330753963.jpg 58700c1330753977.jpg

I've had my eye on a 20s Sunset shirt since last summer. half price at £70. made in turkey. not sure where it was made before (if anything other). beautiful quality though.

60s shirt. made in portugal.

Edited by andyrcii

4 hours ago, andyrcii said:

I've had my eye on a 20s Sunset shirt since last summer. half price at £70. made in turkey. not sure where it was made before (if anything other). beautiful quality though.

60s shirt. made in portugal.

The colour and quality of the Sunset Chambray is very nice but I've always found the sleeves to short. An earlier version of the shirt was made in USA.

Edited by cool_hand

The sleeves are long enough for me. Should be ok if it shrinks a bit. 
I am already thinking about my next pair.. 

I want something rock and roll next.. seeing American Graffiti again after so long really rubbed off on me. 
Whats the best fit out of these?

1954z

also, is the 54z the same fit as the 47?

3 hours ago, andyrcii said:

I want something rock and roll next.. seeing American Graffiti again after so long really rubbed off on me. 

1954z

Best fit depends in your body and your aesthetic preferences.

’47 is medium slim and has a healthy rise.

’55 is kind of like as if you upsized a ‘47, and then had the waist taken in by a tailor.

’54 is a different animal. It has quite a taper for the era...but still has a comfortable upper block.

4 hours ago, andyrcii said:

1954z

My next purchase was going to be a 1955 but I never got around to it, I love a 1947.  From what I've read on here it's a slimmed down version of the original but I love it and think it looks very classic. The denim on the 1955 is interesting, it's also a zip fly and it tapers.

Man this really sucks. I haven’t seen the new LVC in person yet but Jeeze. It sounds bad. If I knew it was gonna be this bad I might have bought more. 

I did get a 1955 in the big sell off of the musa stuff but now I’m kinda wishing I got a 1947. Who wants to trade? 

due to aggressive sale I decided, that I need another pair of 1976 B). it was also curiosity " how looks Bulagarian version V2 ".

I own 1976 Cone in W34L36 which I bought in 2018 and production year was 2016. Never I worn them, because of the size 34 is in raw 35,5 " and I swim in them. Another little bit stupid reason is to protect Cone version for future ....  Scored size W33L34. Raw exact size is in waist 33 (along my Cone W34, expected little bit more room in waist), inseam 33,5. After warm wash and one day wear is waist 33,5" (wow ... wooden stick method) and inseam 31,5". They fit perfect now without belt. Fit pics in the week ...

Unfortunately I did pictures of new V2 after initial wash and one day of wearing them in comparison to Cone Mills version. On pictures is Bulgarian V2 always up...

When I compared raw x raw, denim is very similar to touch and looks very close. But color of japanese denim (Kaihara ?) is more bluish and brighter against darker and greyish Cone. On picture it is visible. Even short 30 degrees wash could change little bit color, but not so muchIMG_1084.thumb.jpg.7473a93891635e77f8a56a5fab3a563e.jpgIMG_1085.thumb.jpg.7d02ca9a6bf2d2aad9344d10b3a1a8ca.jpg.

IMG_1082.thumb.jpg.396ca106d56231ec8ef7e0a50f654275.jpg

little differencies in arcs...IMG_1087.thumb.jpg.67bdafa416200a5d5db6e051db6d0f4f.jpgIMG_1088.thumb.jpg.8d552dbf182670796aee9413382e86b3.jpg

different thickness of selvage ...IMG_1089.thumb.jpg.1163e5340f9d68f8c0d14c35b94392b1.jpg

inside out ...IMG_1091.thumb.jpg.b4019e905809d5120098ad86d2a69268.jpgIMG_1092.thumb.jpg.bc52caeb97ba6093dd7e999a0a39793e.jpg

but most interesting is, that after wash started RIGHT leg twist. not left, which I could expect from RHT ...IMG_1093.thumb.jpg.8aa47a1d111e1f7de69d6842ab1a5e3e.jpg

Edited by vIGGiou riou