Levi's Vintage Clothing

I am intending to get a pair of 1954 size 32! Anyone experienced the 1954 size 32?, the original measure of 32.5 inches right now, if I want a 33 inch waist (after soaking and wearing),

can I choose this size pair?

Will they shrink? or stretch?

7346618A-4F89-480E-8FBE-BE75171EF341.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Petez said:

I am intending to get a pair of 1954 size 32! Anyone experienced the 1954 size 32?, the original measure of 32.5 inches right now, if I want a 33 inch waist (after soaking and wearing),

can I choose this size pair?

Will they shrink? or stretch?

they'll stretch back out to 32.5 fairly easily but if you're looking for a 33 its gonna be tight. I'd look at the rise and thigh measurements and see where thats gonna put you. you're gonna lose approximately 1/2" on the rise and thigh. 

also that cut is pretty slim to begin with. I think I'd go up to at least a 33. 

Edited by erk

On 10/19/2018 at 9:58 AM, Maynard Friedman said:

I think he’s been listening to his old Rolling Stones albums.

On 10/19/2018 at 11:35 AM, 501XX4EVER said:

I think he really, really doesn't want children.

I think he just bought the wrong size, and is desperately trying to convince himself, by way of attempting to convince us, that he meant to do it. That and/or he's just trolling.

I've certainly been there, though! I've worn jeans that no longer fit, telling myself and others, "It's just a tight fit! It's a style! It's totally comfortable! I really don't look like a street hustler in the Tenderloin!"

So, whatever. I get it. Just don't expect me to buy it.

Hi guys, I am planning to get my first pair of LVC.  Decided to go for the 1955 model.  Several sources suggest to get this model at your normal waist size or 1 inches up.  However I would like to tumble dry my jeans.  Would I need to buy 2 size up if tumble dry is in the equation?  Many thanks..

On 10/26/2018 at 10:25 AM, vexed_wear said:

Hi guys, I am planning to get my first pair of LVC.  Decided to go for the 1955 model.  Several sources suggest to get this model at your normal waist size or 1 inches up.  However I would like to tumble dry my jeans.  Would I need to buy 2 size up if tumble dry is in the equation?  Many thanks..

No, go true to size. I wear the 1955 in a 34w and my jeans will stretch to about 36” after some wear. I machine wash and dry my pair and haven’t noticed significant shrinkage after the initial wash. 

On 10/23/2018 at 8:51 PM, 428CJ said:

I think he just bought the wrong size, and is desperately trying to convince himself, by way of attempting to convince us, that he meant to do it. That and/or he's just trolling.

I've certainly been there, though! I've worn jeans that no longer fit, telling myself and others, "It's just a tight fit! It's a style! It's totally comfortable! I really don't look like a street hustler in the Tenderloin!"

So, whatever. I get it. Just don't expect me to buy it.

I agree with this, however, maybe he just wants to become known by his new name...

"The Secret Salami Smuggler"

OK hi @srudy ... extending reply from other thread re: sizing

the 201s I have from 555 era (early 2000s) tagged 36 measure up (laid flat, but not waist band aligned) as: 34 1/4"

compared to recent '15 and '44s which are coming up as hovering either side of 37" (all pictured below)

[ ... ]

in other stupidities... have recently ended up with some raw 1890s and '76s going into the suitcase collection...

the 1890s to complete the triple pleat tux, and the '76s because [never thought would go near them but] good-goddamn they are extraordinarily good raw denim to the touch (once in hand, v. hard to put down ... and will I probably need some normal denim cut to get into the sandlot-core once finished with all the turn of the century jive...)

some waist measurements: 201, '15, '44

then some raw detail pix [mostly around fabric]; first 1890 and then '76, then the fellowship they join...

[who knows when soaking will happen... might get to srsly wear in around 12 months time... should be buying resolute and whatever, but hey...]

IMG_3628.JPG

IMG_3629.JPG

IMG_3630.JPG

IMG_3633.JPG

IMG_3635.JPG

IMG_3636.JPG

IMG_3637.JPG

IMG_3638.JPG

IMG_3641.JPG

IMG_3634.JPG

IMG_3642.JPG

IMG_3643.JPG

IMG_3644.JPG

IMG_3645.JPG

IMG_3647.JPG

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

10 hours ago, Petez said:

It depends on how you measure them, and you should use plasticizers, rather than metal ones, which will give you inaccurate results.

I fully agree that my measuring techniques don't measure up... hence I generally hesitate to offer anything like definitive numbers

(I like roy's page on the matter: http://www.roydenim.com/informative-article )

but by rolling out the same inaccurate technique to all these pairs, new and old, hopefully the point is made that more recent lvc seems to run larger than older

(I would measure my old 'first jeans' to verify such a proposition: but they are on their own mini-tour right now...)

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

On 28/10/2018 at 12:41 PM, 501XX4EVER said:

I agree with this, however, maybe he just wants to become known by his new name...

"The Secret Salami Smuggler"

I really think that the Moderator should disallow posts like this and the others which are off topic and about people they don't know and have never met and not about denim and how it looks. It is fair enough to comment on whether you like or don't like a particular denim look but personal comments are hurtful and are unacceptable in my opinion. They would not be tolerated in school or  in the workplace where they would be called bullying. 

2 hours ago, Dry said:

I really think that the Moderator should disallow posts like this and the others which are off topic and about people they don't know and have never met and not about denim and how it looks. It is fair enough to comment on whether you like or don't like a particular denim look but personal comments are hurtful and are unacceptable in my opinion. They would not be tolerated in school or  in the workplace where they would be called bullying.

To be fair: in many schools and workplaces, neither would that revealing of a pair of jeans be tolerated

And I think the point is that your jeans are just way too tight dude. This place used to be a lot more harsh back in the day, so what everyone’s saying now is nothing by comparison. I think people are just trying to make you realize that you look ridiculous.

Can confirm that SuFu was way harsher. I barely post fit pics nowadays and mostly lurk because I got slaughtered like 6 years ago for an ill-fitting pair of flatheads.

@Dry if you love the way they fit, then that's great. More power to you. Wear what you love. No one SHOULD be mean to you, but it's EASY to be mean on the internet.

Over the past 3-4 years this board has shifted more from downsizing 2 sizes to being more into roomier cuts and repros, so you gotta read the room a little. Typically '33s are meant to be roomy.

In my experience, reddit.com/r/rawdenim is more into what was popular on this board back in the day, so you may find friendlier folks there.

Edited by erockisalive

You used to know if a look had particularly hurt people's eyes when it was cross-posted to Supertrash. Anyway, I think it's time to move on now.

Anyone have any Levi's/LVC discount codes to share? They usually start popping up about this time.

Edited by Maynard Friedman