Levi's Vintage Clothing

8 hours ago, Dry said:

They have loosened up quite a bit in 1 week.

IMG_20180829_1914019.jpg

I might be able to take your dick outline and Crocs in separate posts...but all together?? I am dyin' here! 

That said, if you want tight jeans – and I certainly have a few myself – you've got 'em. Nothing wrong with that, if that's what you're after. But you are deluded if you think that is a "regular" fit, or ever will be.

Edited by 428CJ

5 hours ago, kicks79 said:

@Dry They look like they are hardly comfortable at all. I would sell and upsize for a better fit. 

@kicks79 it's OK. They are well comfortable. I tucked in my (lovely thick 14 oz SDA) shirt to show the high rise of the 1933 model and suspender buttons. Also I had my arms bent over and was stretching out to take the selfie. These are size 31 and I bought a size 32 at the same time 'while stocks lasts', though if Kaihara replicate the original denim in a couple of years' time, it may be irresistible!

Edited by Dry

5 hours ago, 428CJ said:

I might be able to take your dick outline and Crocs in separate posts...but all together?? I am dyin' here! 

That said, if you want tight jeans – and I certainly have a few myself – you've got 'em. Nothing wrong with that, if that's what you're after. But you are deluded if you think that is a "regular" fit, or ever will be.

@428CJ Thanks and it is good to know that you also like tight jeans. As I said in my 24th August post 'Not how they are intended to be worn, but so what?' I deliberately sized down and didn't  expect a regular fit. The creases should make for nice whiskers and the tight thighs for good fades - a characteristic generally lacking from 1933s regularly worn. I would be surprised if nobody ever wore them like that in 1933, particularly growing youths, though contemporary pics may prove me wrong!

Edited by Dry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The ones with the 555 button were made at the (now closed) Valencia Street factory in San Francisco. Any other code means they were made somewhere else in the USA. Those made in Valencia Street are invariably more valuable. 

1 minute ago, Maynard Friedman said:

The ones with the 555 button were made at the (now closed) Valencia Street factory in San Francisco. Any other code means they were made somewhere else in the USA. Those made in Valencia Street are invariably more valuable. 

Thank you Maynard.  

It also means they’re older as the Valencia St factory was closed early in the 21st century I think (I don’t know the exact date). This, plus the additional sentimental value generally makes them more desirable. This relates to a number of models/styles of jeans and jackets, not just the 1955s.

The Valencia Street items are often a bit funkier too; the fabrics are often not standardised and there are more errors, which gives them a unique feel. I was lucky enough to visit the factory when they were producing a forerunner to LVC, namely the Capital E reissue. Although the building was quite big, the production floor was really small.

I sold my 1955 55 to pay for a guitar restoration. They were terrific jeans - if you look at the photo you can see details like, for instance, messy stitching on the watch pocket and the yoke is incorrectly assembled. I've worn a good number of 555 in,   doubt really there'd be much difference after the first couple of washes, but of course there's a magic to the fact they were sewn in the factory that produced them for the last century. It was a crime to close that building.

bestbum.jpg

bestlap.jpg

Edited by Paul T

37 minutes ago, Paul T said:

The Valencia Street items are often a bit funkier too; the fabrics are often not standardised and there are more errors, which gives them a unique feel. I was lucky enough to visit the factory when they were producing a forerunner to LVC, namely the Capital E reissue. Although the building was quite big, the production floor was really small.

I sold my 1955 55 to pay for a guitar restoration. They were terrific jeans - if you look at the photo you can see details like, for instance, messy stitching on the watch pocket and the yoke is incorrectly assembled. I've worn a good number of 555 in,   doubt really there'd be much difference after the first couple of washes, but of course there's a magic to the fact they were sewn in the factory that produced them for the last century. It was a crime to close that building.

bestbum.jpg

bestlap.jpg

Dropping knowledge! Good to know ;) 

4 hours ago, Paul T said:

bestbum.jpg

bestlap.jpg

Thats amazing Paul.  Thank you always for your wealth of knowledge response. 

4 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

It also means they’re older as the Valencia St factory was closed early in the 21st century I think (I don’t know the exact date). This, plus the additional sentimental value generally makes them more desirable. This relates to a number of models/styles of jeans and jackets, not just the 1955s.

Great thank you Maynard 

On 24/08/2018 at 11:30 AM, istewi said:

@Dry  I think it's safe to say that you shouldn't soak those... they may be un-wearable after.

Well after 3 40C washes, I'm pleased to report that these 1933s have turned into a comfortable and soft pair of snug jeans, which is how I like them and the L36 is well down on my shoes unlike the first editions of 1933s when they were half way up my ankle! I just wish they had done W31 or W32 L36 in the 1st editions of these. I have received no adverse comments or criticisms and the thighs are fine. I don't wear them with a belt.

10 hours ago, Dry said:

Well after 3 40C washes, I'm pleased to report that these 1933s have turned into a comfortable and soft pair of snug jeans, which is how I like them and the L36 is well down on my shoes unlike the first editions of 1933s when they were half way up my ankle! I just wish they had done W31 or W32 L36 in the 1st editions of these. I have received no adverse comments or criticisms and the thighs are fine. I don't wear them with a belt.

I found the latest 33 not to shrink so much in the leg too as they used to shrink loads in a 36 leg. Mine are super soft too (bit too much TBH)

6 hours ago, Dry said:

I have looked for some 1937s w32 L36 but only 34 leg is available at the moment. Anybody know why? They are 1oz heavier (@12oz) so far as I can see so may be a little less soft @jewellben

the 37 will not be made available in 36 leg unfortunatley as Levis are saving the cone denim according to LVC London