Levi's Vintage Clothing

Have you tried if the Levi’s UK online shop will ship to India?
Another shop where you could look at is Cultzim. Or you simply google the pair you are interested and you will certainly find links to different web shops where you then can see if they would ship to India and how much it would cost.

34 minutes ago, superheavent said:

What is the slimmest of all LVC type? i'm talking about Warehouse 900 slim, more or less is fine.

Plus the sizing advice for that particular pair.

Not sure if it’s the slimmest but 1954 501zxx I saw had the most slimmest leg with the highest rise so far from my LVC research. It’s a shame they have a zip fly so the hunt continues.

2 hours ago, i_denim said:

Not sure if it’s the slimmest but 1954 501zxx I saw had the most slimmest leg with the highest rise so far from my LVC research. It’s a shame they have a zip fly so the hunt continues.

Cheers for the info mate.

any other input for another model will be great for references/

I think that Indigo means new rinse. It equals to the rigid version being one-washed in the factory before selling. It will barely shrink anymore but some of indigo will be lost in the process.

The rigid version is the RAW version and will shrink considerably when washed the first time. Like the Flat head you need to soak the rigid version prior to wearing.

Anyways, it is just a guess by looking at the pictures you've shared. Best way to find out is to send an email to superdenim :)

Edited by Collin

21 hours ago, i_denim said:

Here's some info though I am losing my mind trying to digest all the Levi's 501 fits Levi's 501 History

After some research,  i think this page provide a much better information, though not 100% detailed, but just enough of all the LVC type.

https://brooklyndenimco.com/blogs/news/16849173-levis-vintage-collection-501-fit-guide

Pretty helpful for some LVC beginners.

18 hours ago, unders said:

Sizing down on 47s will get you a nice slim fit if that’s what you’re after. 

Will keep this in mind.

For now, i'm considering the 1978, 1954, but the 47 details is much more tempting.

Still try to figure out my sizing for LVC. Should i size down or size up?

i'm pretty sure nobody here like to spend $200+ on a denim and ending up in depression and regret because the sizing is wrong and the denim can't fit properly. please help a brother out ;)

For warehouse 900, i'm wearing size 32.

25 minutes ago, superheavent said:

After some research,  i think this page provide a much better information, though not 100% detailed, but just enough of all the LVC type.

https://brooklyndenimco.com/blogs/news/16849173-levis-vintage-collection-501-fit-guide

Pretty helpful for some LVC beginners.

I saw that earlier today.

For my purchase, I may go with this store though LVC at Milworks. The video on LVC is also very good here.

2 hours ago, i_denim said:

I saw that earlier today.

For my purchase, I may go with this store though LVC at Milworks. The video on LVC is also very good here.

Wow man, there is a significant difference in prices from two web that you posted. At superdenim LVC cost around $202 , while at milworks the LVC price is $285.

I don't get it. 

can anyone enlighten me about this?

@i_denim

i have some 54s. Not really worth posting as not worn a great deal. I found the taper to be a bit too aggressive compared to my much preferred 47s. 

Edit: moral of the story, check measurements against a pair of jeans you already own and like the fit of! 

Edited by unders

19 hours ago, unders said:

@i_denim

i have some 54s. Not really worth posting as not worn a great deal. I found the taper to be a bit too aggressive compared to my much preferred 47s. 

Edit: moral of the story, check measurements against a pair of jeans you already own and like the fit of! 

Thanks. That's very helpful. 

On 1/14/2018 at 3:48 PM, Paul T said:

My understanding is that there's been a prospect of Cone closing for the last 15 years, and during that time they've had a backup arranged for every single fabric. They will still commission each one separately with different yarns.

Yes, it does undermine a good part of the heritage of the brand. I know plenty of people there who really regret the closure of Valencia St by Philp Marineau (who then trousered a multimillion dollar bonus).

Finally found what I wanted to hear from the man I wanted to hear from :)

I think it's fair to assume LVC will commission fabric from other mills and some could be in Japan. However, Cone selvedge now becomes a rarity and collector's item if somebody does want to own a cone denim. One could get a pair of Levi's Vintage ($$) or LVC Cone while they last. There may be others including Roy who offer Cone denim too.

While I narrow down on the LVC pair I want to invest in, did LVC offer other fits or they only reproed the 501s from several eras? I want to research about 606 and 505 fits as well.

Edited by i_denim
spelling

1 hour ago, i_denim said:

While I narrow down on the LVC pair I want to invest in, did LVC offer other fits or they only reproed the 501s from several eras? I want to research about 606 and 505 fits as well.

Here’s the website. This will show you what jeans they are selling.

http://m.levi.com/GB/en_GB/categories/~category~men~clothing~collections~levi-collections-vintageclothing/products?ab=mobile_colletionheader_mens_lvc_aw17_explorecollection_091317

13 minutes ago, unders said:

Thanks. I dee see it a while ago but they don't publish measurements unlike Milworks. 

3 hours ago, i_denim said:

Finally found what I wanted to hear from the man I wanted to hear from :)

I think it's fair to assume LVC will commission fabric from other mills and some could be in Japan. However, Cone selvedge now becomes a rarity and collector's item if somebody does want to own a cone denim. One could get a pair of Levi's Vintage ($$) or LVC Cone while they last. There may be others including Roy who offer Cone denim too.

With the demise of the authentic repro lvc fabrics I’ve gained interest elsewhere. I’ve recently bought 3 nice pairs of Edwin, one pair being 15oz. They seem a nice middle ground product.