Levi's Vintage Clothing

6 hours ago, propellerbeanie said:

Finally finished exams for the year, and can probably take some pictures in the near future. I'm wearing some '66 501s for the DWC, and I have some pre-wash/post-wash measurements to let other know about the shrinkage. I bought a size 32/34, and put them through an initial hot soak (60C+), hot machine wash (50C), and just a line dry.

Pre-wash ---> post-wash

Waist 42.5cm ---> 38cm

Front rise 29.5cm ---> 27.5cm

Back rise 40.5cm ---> 38cm

Thigh 31.75cm ---> 30.5cm

Knee 24.25cm ---> 23cm

Hem 21.5cm ---> 20.5cm

Inseam 85.25cm ---> 77cm

Adding to your info and to other potential interested people, mine (30/32) at the waist went 15.75(40cm) ---> 14.5 (36.8) post hot soak and then back to 15 (38); yours surely shrunk more due to additional hot machine wash that mine didn't see.

front rise 11.5 -->10.5

back rise 15.5 -->14.258

hem 31.59 --> 29

66 rocks!

some quik deetz on the '15

came in raw for pretty much 36" in the waist

hot soak and 30c wash and industrial dryer

went down to 34" but has pulled right back; with a little wear round the house now measures in waist a little over 36"

some comp. pix with ma '44 for reference

and for jollies: a weight comparison:

1915=approx. 620g 1944=approx. 730g

'44 slightly larger frnt rise and inseam (see pix)

1915 thigh 34cm inseam 79cm

and a fit-pic to show drape

perfect denim

IMG_4318.JPG

IMG_4323.JPG

IMG_4324.JPG

IMG_4327.JPG

IMG_4328.JPG

IMG_4329.JPG

IMG_4330.JPG

IMG_4333.JPG

IMG_4325.JPG

IMG_4326.JPG

Found something interested at a thrift store yesterday - a pair of LVC 606s. The fading to me on pair is somewhat of a conundrum to me. They looked to have been rigid, but maybe they’re a wash? According to the tags, they’re samples, and the button stamp 643M would suggest they’re from ‘03-‘04 (info found from a denimbro thread). No patch or sign one  was ever sewn on, and the denim has a really intersecting texture to it with an almost waxy sheen on it, which feels more to like they have never seen a wash before. The fading is also quite confusing, especially the sharp creases along the outseam of the leg, maybe from storage?? Gonna run these through a hot wash wash and tumble dry and see how the fabric behave. If anyone has any guesses on the origins of this pair m, I’d love to hear. If I recall the 606s are sanforised right? Presumably cone? 

Of course there’s always a chance these could be fakes but for $8 I wouldn’t even be mad 

B5ABBF84-A47F-45D3-87B6-95A420B27EA9.jpeg

3310DC86-3934-4BE7-B7E6-BDAB158FA7F5.jpeg

5E293876-5761-4C45-ACD6-C0B625F07669.jpeg

4F8BB179-C2B5-4231-B447-F802766A44F3.jpeg

B947C1E0-0D4F-4199-9C5F-CC7C3AB0670A.jpeg

B0468478-2A1E-4FB2-940A-CF262F3A0FA9.jpeg

2FF41C3A-9BCE-451B-9118-5FDDD2D62E4E.jpeg

FFDB3F99-18EB-49EE-9EB8-967806DD16B3.jpeg

Edited by Fooleo

Seems I just can't have BNWT jeans sitting around so I gave the 76 a soak followed by a 30° wash. The waist shrunk to 34cm with low spin, I put them on still wet to get an idea of the fit and the waist stretched to 38cm within minutes. I'll be fine :)  Length is perfect for me now, too.

Back into the closet for now.

Just got my first pair of LVCs in the mail today. They are 1944's in a 36/36. They look pretty badass! Can't wait to start breaking them in. Pix will follow.

15 hours ago, Fooleo said:

Found something interested at a thrift store yesterday - a pair of LVC 606s. The fading to me on pair is somewhat of a conundrum to me. They looked to have been rigid, but maybe they’re a wash? According to the tags, they’re samples, and the button stamp 643M would suggest they’re from ‘03-‘04 (info found from a denimbro thread). No patch or sign one  was ever sewn on, and the denim has a really intersecting texture to it with an almost waxy sheen on it, which feels more to like they have never seen a wash before. The fading is also quite confusing, especially the sharp creases along the outseam of the leg, maybe from storage?? Gonna run these through a hot wash wash and tumble dry and see how the fabric behave. If anyone has any guesses on the origins of this pair m, I’d love to hear. If I recall the 606s are sanforised right? Presumably cone? 

Of course there’s always a chance these could be fakes but for $8 I wouldn’t even be mad

They sound, and kind of look, like they might have been waxed at some point.

Edited by 428CJ

23 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

some quik deetz on the '15

came in raw for pretty much 36" in the waist

hot soak and 30c wash and industrial dryer

went down to 34" but has pulled right back; with a little wear round the house now measures in waist a little over 36"

some comp. pix with ma '44 for reference

and for jollies: a weight comparison:

1915=approx. 620g 1944=approx. 730g

'44 slightly larger frnt rise and inseam (see pix)

1915 thigh 34cm inseam 79cm

and a fit-pic to show drape

perfect denim

I love this post, since I just got '44's, and I have two pairs of '15's on the way!

It took me by surprise how... well, rigid :D the 76 were after line drying. I put them on for one or two hours while doing the weekly grocery shopping to make sure that they fit (they do). The waist will need a few days of stretching to get closer to pre-wash measurements but crotch and butt are fine already. Thighs I never have problems with anyways. I like them and the denim has a subtle depth to it that I'm quite smitten with. The weft side on the other hand feels really smooth and un-textured.

My 66 are hang drying right now, I'll wear them for a comparable time tomorrow.

DSC_2792.JPG

DSC_2802.JPG

A few quick shots of my brand new 1944's in size 36/36 after trying them on the first time.

Partial list of measurements:

Waist - 38-1/2"

Inseam - 36" (cuffed at exactly 6" for these shots)

Rise - 14"

Thigh 2" down – 12 1/2"

The waist is 3/4" larger than Cultizm told me, even after I specifically verified that they hold the front and rear portions of the waistband parallel when measuring. The inseam is 1/2" longer than Cultizm said. The rise is about 3/16" shorter than Cultizm said. As for the thigh, Cultizm stated 13", but I'll assume that they measured right at the crotch. The incorrect measurements are a little annoying. Every measurement that I really liked is off, and off in the direction that I don't like. The waist is larger (I wanted it smaller, more of an hourglass cut), the rise is lower (I wanted it higher, as even the 14" rise sits 1–2 inches below my natural waist), and the inseams are longer (would have preferred them shorter, though 1/2" longer isn't bad).

That said, they'll work out fine in the end. I mainly just expected them to be a little more brought in around the waist, and would have liked some extra rise. I'm happy with the pants, and I will be keeping them, though I will be telling Cultizm about the inconsistencies.

LVC1944-2.jpg

Edited by 428CJ

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Right, triple pleat owners, what sizes do you own? Any measurements would help plus did you experience any/much shrinkage following a wash or soak?

xl

less shrinkage than expected in warm soak (i know there is prediction shrink of up to 2 sizes - i.e. xl becomes m in some versions - but nothing like that for me - the version i had was from stylecreep bought earlier in year; just before what i think is current seasons stuff released [the current season has one that has raw or one-washed])

not washed yet (i think - i actually can't remember! maybe a short 30c? but not the drastic shrink i was anticipating)

- sorry havent answered yr small questions thread, but as this related; will do here; 3-pleat pros for summer: light weight and the natural indigo shade is perfect for summer colouring / with lighter colours and more worn jeans (i pair with worn in tcb50s relentlessly - it is akin to a french labourer's jacket ala Bill Cunningham also, for that electric blue tang), the denim has wrinkled a charm: it likes being worn (i know some of db seem to have pampered theirs a little)

summer cons: has pretty strict wrists, which can keep the heat in... buttons sewn on give me a terror of popping off

winter pros: makes a good shirt that can cover braces! (but dont try to layer much under it... arms dont allow...)

overall quite short: which can be good or bad dependent on needs: I like wearing short jackets with untucked garments for layering; but taste...

the two lower pockets of 3-pleat remind me of smocks and similar primitive turn of century garments: which i like a lot, and the detail is extraordinary combined with super simple stitching.

[for my body shape - stick with balloon middle - it feels pretty perfect and is forgiving, but may be too boxy for some, but i like boxy clothes... for me also, 3-pleat reminds me of what i like most about tender garments, but without being 16oz fabric]

but i say all this with history of love for the triple pleat from 1st 00s version and no real time wearing any double pleat. strongly concretely considering the tcb30s to avoid any more doppelgänger clash with paul t, and to get a tcb competition onesie going... my issues with tcb30s is the pleats: they look a bit 'flappy' compared to super-neatness of the triple pleat (which in many ways seems like a more unstructured garment...) and the garment seems tubular and long: but will be measuring... certainly: if it is the same fabric as the 20s jeans: a very pliable and comfortable fabric (but then really key difference is having a deep indigo or more natural indigo colouring...)

Thanks for the comprehensive comments bartles, really appreciate them. I like the light weight, indigo hue and historic/heritage vibe of the LVC but prefer the look and possibly fit of the TCB, although I'm uncertain about how the measurements will work for me. Also, it's a little similar to my (heavier) Eternal Type 2. Hmmm...

3 hours ago, cusswords said:

‘66 are currently 50% off on the main Levi’s site with pretty much every size available in 34L 

Thanks to you, I just got a pair for a really great price! Thanks for the tip off!

On 16/11/2017 at 6:31 PM, propellerbeanie said:

Finally finished exams for the year, and can probably take some pictures in the near future. I'm wearing some '66 501s for the DWC, and I have some pre-wash/post-wash measurements to let other know about the shrinkage. I bought a size 32/34, and put them through an initial hot soak (60C+), hot machine wash (50C), and just a line dry.

Pre-wash ---> post-wash

Waist 42.5cm ---> 38cm

Front rise 29.5cm ---> 27.5cm

Back rise 40.5cm ---> 38cm

Thigh 31.75cm ---> 30.5cm

Knee 24.25cm ---> 23cm

Hem 21.5cm ---> 20.5cm

Inseam 85.25cm ---> 77cm

@erk Hey man, I hope my measurements help you. What I haven't included in this post is that the waist is now at around 40.5cm, and other areas have also stretched out. I can do a measure for you later tonight if you'd like?