Levi's Vintage Clothing

I like them, they're like my Ande Whall SR13s with stealth stitching. They're actually a 34x32 though rather than a 32x34.

Incidentally, I checked the labels in my new 1976s and it says Made in USA from imported materials or something similar too.

I finally received the other two 76's. I'm a size 30 waist:

1947: size 30 would be way too tight in the top block, they're already tight when rigid. It's a bit of a bummer since I like the '47 details the best (thread colors)

1966: size 30 would probably work. Denim is cool, found a pretty big fault in the denim on these that I've never seen from cone before.

1976: the new size 30 I got directly from Levi's is 1,5cm bigger in the waist than the one from Cultizm. Fuck quality control at Levi's, like, seriously :D I think they'd work fine, I didn't even try on the 31.

So it's down to 66 vs 76 for me. The 76 denim is nicer. I'm one of those who only recently started to appreciate Cone after always thinking it boring, but the 76 seems downright Japanese in direct comparison anyways. The 66 has the nicer thread colors - not a big fan of the tobacco on the 76 - while I like the back pockets of the 76 more... and most importantly, I think I'd like the 66 cut better. Maybe I should just keep them both. I'll sleep on it :D

DSC_2661.JPG

DSC_2659.JPG

So based on the above thread and on other info I've seen about the 47s, I def want to size up, right?

I'm a comfortable 30 and snug 29 in regular 501 STF and a snug 30 in the 1954z. So I'm thinking 31 in the 1947? I just don't want them to wind up being too big. But we all know the unsanforized struggle.

And also, where does one buy LVC in Europe for a decent price? I'm living in France right now.

@beautiful_FrEaK I just tried, the code doesn't work! I saw a sizing chart on Context clothing that kind of helps. The 31 would probably be a good rise and thigh, but too wide a waist. If I come across them for a reasonable price/ get my paycheck from the French powers-that-be, it would be a good idea to check out both, like you suggest @Cucoo. But I definitely want a pair now more than ever with the news about Cone Mills closing. I only bought the 501z last year because it was slightly less expensive BNWT on eBay than the 47s. But the 501z wound up being so much more tapered than I had imagined, I can't wear any of my serious boots with them.

@albmuzquiz

I have a pair of '47s in a size 31/34 that I purchased in 2015. They've gone through multiple washes (no dryer though), and here are their current measurements after a wash. Please note that I haven't worn them after the wash, so it will stretch out a bit with wear.

Waist 38cm

Front rise 28cm

Back rise 38cm

Thigh 28.75cm

Knee 21.75cm

Hem 20cm

Inseam 76cm

Edit: I think I have the raw measurements somewhere, but can't find them the the moment... I don't wear mine anymore because there too tight in the the thigh, knee, and hem (I'm a fat ass now lol).

Edited by propellerbeanie

10 minutes ago, albmuzquiz said:

Damn, @propellerbeanie, that is crazy helpful! And those measurements look like they'd work really well for me! What is your regular STF measurement, if you don't mind me asking?

Unfortunately, I don't own any of the mainline STFs, so I can't really help you out there. I'd say you could probably follow Cucoo's suggestion and get both the size 30 and 31 (especially if the returns are free). Also with my measurements, that's from an inital super hot soak (60C+), a hot machine wash, and subsequent cold machine washes. 

Edit: Yo, I found my pre-wash measurements, but I think I measured the thigh differently from what I do today. I think in the past, I measured from the bartack at the crotch and straight out to the thigh. Nowadays, I also include the little bit that pokes out beyond the crotch seam (just like the BiG guide).

upper-thigh_1ec12b3e-483d-46bd-9d43-e910

Waist 40cm

Front rise 30.5cm

Back rise 40cm

Thigh 28.5cm

Knee 22.5cm

Hem 21cm

Inseam 86cm

Edited by propellerbeanie

9 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Is that another pair of 76s and some new 66s or the 76s you bought a few weeks back? I ordered some 66s too, what are your impressions of them?

new 66 with the 76 i bought couple weeks back.

The 66 denim has a softer hand to it. It also has more uniform feel to the denim as I run my hand along it. The 76 seemed to have patches with a bit more of a hairy feel. I also prefer the indigo hue of the 66. Overall I like the 66 denim more.

I like the mix of the two thread colours on the 66 (yellow and browny orange). Looks nice.

5 hours ago, albmuzquiz said:

So based on the above thread and on other info I've seen about the 47s, I def want to size up, right?

I'm a comfortable 30 and snug 29 in regular 501 STF and a snug 30 in the 1954z. So I'm thinking 31 in the 1947? I just don't want them to wind up being too big. But we all know the unsanforized struggle.

My experience with  54 W30 (waist 15'', fit waist loose bottom), STF w28 (waist 14.8, snug and snug bottom but wearable) and 47 w31 (waist 15.75 loose waist and very loose bottom which I use very low at the waist). According to you, you should be comfortable with 47 w30 and snug with w29 and I guess it depends on the look you're trying to achieve and the size of your bottom. Hope this helps.

I've posted them before and I'm posting them again, the only pic I had of my 66's I wore from 2010-2012, these were around the year mark and remembered they looked great after another year, the only complaint from me about them was the cheap buttons used for the fly, I'd rather they spent $ on nicer ones rather than on stitching an envelope/letter in the back pocket..

6709591465_e9d3062385_b copy.jpg