Levi's Vintage Clothing

12 hours ago, Paul T said:

I think the 55 are a bit wider. I would go for the 66 personally, get your actual waist size. It's a tough call though.

And good on ya, Sammy.that's a stunning fit.

They seem to have that tiny waste compared to the hips that my 55 have, I think it's just the pose and Sammy's booty making the legs appear a bit slimmer.

On 27.9.2017 at 6:59 PM, free2hear said:

distance between two front belt loops barely leaving size for the buckle

Ha, I had a pair of 47 some years ago and you're right, that detail really sucks :D 

On 9/27/2017 at 10:59 AM, free2hear said:

...distance between two front belt loops barely leaving size for the buckle...

8 hours ago, Cucoo said:

Ha, I had a pair of 47 some years ago and you're right, that detail really sucks :D 

I find this an issue on some pairs as well, and I find it to be a condition of how the front pocket openings are cut. Since the belt loops are attached at the edges of the front pockets, there has to be a balance between belt loop spacing and pocket opening width. Wide pockets are practical, but make the belt loop spacing too tight, and wide belt loop spacing makes the pockets too small. Worst case is having tight pockets AND tight belt loop spacing AND belt loops that are not tall enough (ala my IH-634XHS size 33...) 

@free2hear,

over the years I had a few of the 1944s since it was my favorite a long time. so the current version still seems to run bigger than all the otherlvc´s, I bought W30 and they fit like a ‘47 in W32(wich are true to size), but only waist-wise. what i like about them is the super high waist. the 47s got a tapered waist so are full at legs and bum while being snug at the waist, the 44s come straighter (hip-waist ratio) and fit better if you don´t have a full bottom. the denim used is still the same and will age beautiful.

7 hours ago, Sympathy-For-The-Denim said:

@free2hear,

what i like about them is the super high waist. the 47s got a tapered waist so are full at legs and bum while being snug at the waist, the 44s come straighter (hip-waist ratio) and fit better if you don´t have a full bottom. the denim used is still the same and will age beautiful.

I've been considering some high waist ones, the 44's and most of the older models seem to fit that aspiration, and your explanation of the 44's waist to hip is quite helpful. Currently on sale the 1915's seem to be nice too, in the high rise department, but the lack of belt loops means fiddling with adding some loops and detaching suspender buttons because I'm not into the braces look. Perhaps the 33's

@free2hear :the 44s have even a higher rise than the 1915... since you wear w30 within the 47s you should at least go with a W28 or for the 44s.

can´t tell how the current 33s fit, but removing of the cinch and suspender buttons would be authentic ;)

but be aware that the rivets will scratch everything you sit on, unless you wear me pulled high on the waist. this is why i never can wear my pre 37s to work.

Some pics of the 66's W30 (2015, factory 4420, 1 warm soak, 1 hot soak)

cultizm measures - post 1st soak measures - post 2nd soak measures

waist: 15.75 – 15 - 14.5

front rise:  11.5 - 10.5 - 10

back rise: 15.5 - 14.5 - 14

hem 7.87(?) – 8 - 7.75

1st picture after 1st soak, 2nd picture after 2nd soak

_DSC4279.jpg.4b3732dd507ca063de132caf969647b7.jpg _DSC4317.jpg.1a0ffa87d7f720fb4926fae692ea36d6.jpg

_DSC4276.jpg.4e6af291f07f67624c05b24fb2145357.jpg _DSC4313.jpg.4986d44907bda1ed0c2a81895352d0bb.jpg

_DSC4277.jpg.3490e7e52513fbb33fd6960403b78ad6.jpg_DSC4321.jpg.68553cd1f0ca3e473c03977cb7c40f73.jpg

I didn't own these from new so couldn't measure them at their non used/washed/soaked state, so used Cultizm measurements for a W30 that might be, or not, inaccurate (those hem measures...) in this case, although many state they're generally quite accurate.

The original owner told me he only did a mild soak and my guess is he didn't like them for some reason and decided to sell. When they arrived they smelled like new, were starchy and after the first measures and photos (left) I decided to make a 2nd wash with very hot water. I liked the fit but wanted to see if it would improve with a 2nd soak and lose some of the wrinkled tissue you can see on the 1st frontal photo and also at the back. The front improved, the back also did though not as much as I wanted, which makes me believe that my best bet with these might be W29, as well as the 47's. I've seen some model pictures of these and they all fold a bit at the butt, perhaps it's something you will never get rid with this model.

like: great color, back pockets shape, round top block, larger thighs than usual but ok with me skinny legs, general fit.

like less but that's just idiosyncrasy: oversized back pockets but that's something most lvc models have, too much wrinkling at the butt (oversized?).

I'd love to see these shrink a tiny bit more but am always hesitant in giving them the machine treatment at this underused stage, guess I just like them dark...

Edited by free2hear

5 minutes ago, kicks79 said:

Nice review @free2hear

I copped a pair of 66s on sale. The price was just too good to pass up.

I haven't worn them yet as I'm still working on my 76s :D 

I bought a pair of '66s a month or so ago. I went up one size from my '76s, and they pretty much fit identical to the '76s after they've both been washed. Surprisingly, I really like the shape of the '66 back pockets, but the only real downside for me in that the 32/34 in the '66s only have four buttons instead of five. I feel like they're a bit too far apart, and whenever I unbutton my jeans, I always do an extra pull for a nonexistent button.

How are your '76s going?

One hot soak and a few weeks of wear, so no major evolution yet. But I'm really digging the fit.

I wanted an almost high water inseam and a jean I could wear without a belt for summer. So they ticked both those boxes.

I'll get around to posting some pics soon hopefully. 

Hi gents, I bought a very slightly used pair of 1947s online for $100.  They are tagged size 34 and after a wash and a dry they are now 33.  They are fitting me very tight, like nutcracker tight.  I am able to button them up and wear them but I feel like a male hooker or maybe Robert Plant in 1972 when wearing them.  i need these things to stretch at least 2 inches.  Possible? 

38 minutes ago, jeffrx said:

Hi gents, I bought a very slightly used pair of 1947s online for $100.  They are tagged size 34 and after a wash and a dry they are now 33.  They are fitting me very tight, like nutcracker tight.  I am able to button them up and wear them but I feel like a male hooker or maybe Robert Plant in 1972 when wearing them.  i need these things to stretch at least 2 inches.  Possible? 

Having owned a pair of '47s, you most likely won't get 2 inches of stretch in the hip/thigh/crotch area, especially if they're nutcracker-tight. I wouldn't recommend trying to forcibly stretch these areas because you'll probably wear out the inseam and cause quite a bit of stress on the fabric. When I bought my '47s, I went TTS and I can no longer wear them because it's too tight across the hips. In saying that, do you have any pics of you wearing them so we can see how tight they actually are?

10 hours ago, propellerbeanie said:

Having owned a pair of '47s, you most likely won't get 2 inches of stretch in the hip/thigh/crotch area, especially if they're nutcracker-tight. I wouldn't recommend trying to forcibly stretch these areas because you'll probably wear out the inseam and cause quite a bit of stress on the fabric. When I bought my '47s, I went TTS and I can no longer wear them because it's too tight across the hips. In saying that, do you have any pics of you wearing them so we can see how tight they actually are?

No pics at the moment.  I've decided to wear them for a couple of days to see what happens.  So far, after about 4 hours of wear, there is some improvement.  Regardless, these will always be slim and fairly tight, which might be OK as long as I can get the waist to budge a little more (or I drop 5 lbs).