Levi's Vintage Clothing

On 2017-5-21 at 6:22 PM, cool_hand said:

how different are the 1933 compared to the 1922?

does the 33 run to size? do I need to size up?

Hey, I'm not sure if this is going to be helpful, but since I have the same 1915 pair as you and the 1933 as well (purchased mid 2016), I might be able to help you with sizing. I don't have the 1922, so I won't be able to guide you in regards to that particular fit...

I have the 1915 in a size 31/34. It has a 40.5cm waist (cinch unbuckled), 31cm front rise, and 41cm back rise.

The 1933 in size 30/34 has a 39.5cm waist (cinch unbuckled), 29.5cm front rise, and 40.5cm back rise.

I measured both using the BiG method, and both jeans went through an initial hot machine wash. I'd say that the size 30/34 in the 1933 is perfect for me as I only need to do the cinch up a little bit when I'm not wearing a belt - I can loosen the cinch if I gain weight, and I can tighten the cinch if I lose weight. I definitely could have gone with the size 30/34 for the 1915 as I have to do the cinch all the way to the tightest possible point (even then, it feels a little loose, so I tuck in my T-shirts with that pair to add some extra bulk to my waist). Judging by your photos, it seems like you didn't really need to use the cinch to tighten the 1915 waist, so I suggest taking the same size as your 1915. If you're still in doubt, Cultizm is quite good at providing measurements upon request or the Levi's JP website seems to do measurements that are rather accurate.

Edited by propellerbeanie
Gross formatting.

@setterman Nice stuff! Would I be right in saying that you're not one to cuff your jeans? The reason I ask is because I cuff mine, and I've noticed that the chainstitch where my legs tend to rub together is basically disintegrating, which I haven't experienced with my other jeans so early in their life. I wonder if @TheJPdude is getting similar results to me. The thread they use on these jeans mustn't be too great, but the fades are good...

Again, I'll post pics soon. Weather is super gloomy, so I haven't been able to get any good light besides your indoor incandescent variety.

Yeah, I've gotten away from cuffing my jeans. I associate cuffs with a certain era, fits, and styles, and prefer a more regular fit and style that basically goes with anything in my wardrobe. 

A chainstitch hem and roping is nice, but it creates a raised area for early and heavy wear. My 76s are wearing there early, and it's demolished on my 1001s.

IMG_1174.JPG

IMG_1175.JPG

Roping is looking promising on your pair! I should have been more specific, but I was actually referring to the inseam stitching shown in the photo below (down the bottom where it's folded). The hems are looking fine on my pair at the moment...

IMG_20170530_010501.thumb.jpg.9cdc3664a23392f47c4cbf8074a858a1.jpg

@setterman - what do you think of the Cone denim on the 1976 model? And what's you're overall impression? I'm still very curious about this model, but not sure about that price tag. I missed out on the sale. 

I like the denim. Compared to what we normally see from LVC it feels heavier, is a more dense and tighter weave, and is  hairy post wash. It's a lighter shade of blue, which is fine and correct. But, I'd like to see that denim dyed with 100% indigo. Not sure if that would be the correct denim/dye for a '70 to '72 501, but it would make for a great pair of jeans. 

If you can grab a pair of 76s for around $200 (see cultizm if you live in the US), but they're not IMO worth $285. 

Over Memorial Day weekend, I called the LVC store in NYC's meatpacking to see if they had a sale going on. The guy said no, but said that one would be starting in "early June." He also said that as the sale continues it's going to drop from 40% to 70%. I'm going to give them another call this weekend and every weekend going forward. Will keep you posted. 

Hello guys, quick question. Do the current '44s have just the regular white pocket bags? I've seen pictures of older pairs with olive drab ones, and I'm aware of Unionmade having an "exclusively made" variant with surplus pocket bags. Not too sure why it's $15 cheaper than the standard pair, but yeah.

Edit: All good. I did a little more googling, and I discovered that they no longer have the olive pocket bags... Just the plain white ones.

Edited by propellerbeanie

yesterday i received the current 1955, which are of a very beautiful and hairy denim.

LVC here too, seems to have choose another updated cone denim, allthough the 1955 denim always

was one of the best along with 1944s denim. so thinking of the freakingly low rise (unauthentic) of the 1966

i would definitely go for the 1955, which also come up with a high rise.

maybe i can take some photos for comparison later the day.

heads up, there will be an 1880s waist overall from natural indigo denim this fall. but i asume it will be unafordable like

the mirror jeans... they look kind of nice though(watch for the gussetted yoke). also the closed front jumper is pretty intriguing.

just scroll down here:

https://www.heddels.com/2017/03/editors-picks-from-las-vegas-market-week-fall-winter-2017/

Edited by Sympathy-For-The-Denim

I'm keen on those waist overalls, but are those darts on the back of the waistband..? Not that it's a major issue, but I never knew of any 501s to have that. Does anyone have any pictures that show this on vintage pairs from the same time period? 

The jumper looks neat, but would like to know if it's coming in a rigid version. I've been lusting after one of Nigel Cabourn's POH shirts for a while now, and wasn't around to get LVC's earlier offering of the cotton duck jumper with two pockets.