Levi's Vintage Clothing

On 3/22/2017 at 1:59 PM, TheJPdude said:

I noticed that the denim was not softening up as well. I've had them on my body literally every day since I got them, and they're just now starting to relax. The upshot is that they are now starting to get a little hint of whiskering only 3 weeks or so in. I've done my best to be active in these (played some outdoor hockey in them, walked around the city a lot) so maybe that helps.

The waist wasn't a matter of stiffness, but a lack of give.  The top fly button and waistband button aren't too far away from each other.  Between their mutual support of each other, and the tighter weave of the denim, there's a lot less give than what I'm used to with LVC and Warehouse, and reminds me of my old SDA 101s and Valencia St 551ZXX.

The denim is much stiffer than we're used to with LVC.  But IIRC, after a couple times through the washer and dryer my 78s started softening up.  That stiffness, tighter weave, and less stretchiness is what I've kinda always expected outta the post war LVC 501s.  

Managed to get down to Cinch earlier this week. 1976 appear to be TTS: size 34 measured 17.5" and if I remember correctly the size 36 measured 18.5", so I would recommend sizing up. compared the denim directly to the Mirror jeans and there's really little in it, the shade is very close. Unless you want to buy into the collectability of the Mirrors I would save yourself some money and go with the straight 76. Only query is I thought the 76 was retailing at £160 but the price in Cinch was £180?

On 18/03/2009 at 5:59 PM, Charlie Delta said:

I promised pics of these a couple of months ago, but finally got around to taking them. And I figured I'd take a couple as they are quite the special pair of overalls!

Have yet to wear them, got them on sale and they only had a 34/34 left, which is lenghtwise stretching it a bit for me, taking shrinkage into account, will probably only quickly soak them in lukewarm water and am guessing they'll end up quite full and short, but it's sort of the fit I'm after with these kind of jeans anyway.

I think these are the closest you'll get to a "factoryproduced, homemade jean"...

Onto the pics: (Paul, please use them wherever you see fit)

3363463350_d73f427cd0_b.jpg

3363462734_8a7799e4b9_b.jpg

3362645037_c015466461_b.jpg

Lovely sidepocket

3362631565_54490bd866.jpg

3363446910_28646ae756.jpg

Denim pocketbags goodness!

3362624335_bd0bfcb124.jpg

3362638101_8da8472c81.jpg

3363443034_151bd90f75.jpg

The denim upclose and personal:

3362624779_290426793b_b.jpg

Does anyone know which model these are please?

I remember the coverage of the other pair from last year, I wonder how many more are in that trunk? Perhaps they are drip-feeding them to the market to maintain prices as each pair may fetch less at auction if there are suddenly numerous pairs available!

• 2 weeks later...

Based on pictures on the Levi's website, their LVC 1967 505 looks like a great fit, I was able to try on a pair and they fit like nothing resembling the pictures.  They say pre-shrunk on the website so I can't imagine there's much shrinkage to be had.  Anyone had any experience with these or have fit pictures they would be able to share?

I bought these from a thrift store recently and was wondering if anyone could give me more information about them.  They are a pair of 501 LVC, selvedge and pre distressed.  The leg opening is quite small thought, I would say 6.5 inches, but up top the fit is pretty standard 501

I don't recall seeing any tags inside of the jeans with the style number or anything but any information would be helpful.

IMG_9718.JPG

IMG_9719.JPG

IMG_9720.JPG

IMG_9721.JPG

IMG_9722.JPG

IMG_9723.JPG

IMG_9724.JPG

IMG_9725.JPG

Bad thing 1st: These are the so called "thai fakes", so I hope you did not spent to much, for these aren´t accurate in any way.

These have nothing to do with a vintage pair of Levi´s.

The only good thing is: They accomplish killer fades, since the denim seems to be very nice.

Wear the hell out of them.

My 1915s after about 12 months wear the denim is starting split around the back pocket rivet; the denim is light, so not really surprised, but this appears the downside to this lighter denim. I would grab another pair if I can find a deal, 1922 model.

IMG_6176_zpsicpzlekm.jpg

IMG_6175_zpsgkedbyfu.jpg

Edited by cool_hand
image link

5 hours ago, Sympathy-For-The-Denim said:

are these the 2015 version of the 1915? got myself a pair back then... love the colour and these should be nice for summer.

some more pics of how they developed would be nice. ;)

Yes they are the 2015 version. I purchased them at Sale January 2016 from Peggs & Son along with the 1915 Denim Sack Coat. they've been in regular rotation since purchase, so looking at just over a year of wear. I've only recently started to wear the sack coat - which is made from the same denim, the difference in colour is very noticeable now. The colour (I'd call it a bright blue) and weight of the denim is great, one of my favourite cone denims. I will post up some pictures later.

IMG_6181_zpsy1fmwfto.jpg

IMG_6182_zpsi9amstbe.jpg

IMG_6183_zpswbga24uv.jpg

IMG_6184_zpsdoc3xvu1.jpg

IMG_6185_zpspnvsuvcb.jpg

IMG_6187_zpsqwgiltsj.jpg

IMG_6188_zpsjwbpeyzh.jpg

jeans have machine washed cold only.

Edited by cool_hand
images added

thanks for the comments, this 9oz Cone is a particularly nice one, the colour, the fades and the weight is very nice for summer, although I also ended up wearing them during the colder months. The sack coat had a couple of soaks to get rid of the shrinkage (documented earlier somewhere on this forum). have Levis changed the denim of the current 1915?

21 hours ago, Sympathy-For-The-Denim said:

These are the new 1915s, that came out when Levi´s and Cone celebrated their 100 years anniversary of partnership in 2015.

If you like it even brighter, go for the current 2016 version of the 1890.

Oh I had it switched around in my head -- thank ya!  I do love it bright but I also love two back pockets :P

39 minutes ago, propellerbeanie said:

A bit of a change of topic, but do you guys remember these from late last year? Look at those prices!

Whoa! Those prices are insane.