Levi's Vintage Clothing

On 23/02/2017 at 3:25 AM, propellerbeanie said:

Presoak/wash LVC 1976 501 31/34 

Inseam: 83.5cm (32.9")

Post soak/wash LVC 1976 501 31/34

Inseam: 77cm (30.3")

That's a short inseam for a supposed tag size 34L!  I may bag a pair as they're £160.00 and even less with a discount code.

Edited by bod

2 hours ago, bod said:

That's a short inseam for a supposed tag size 34L!  I may bag a pair as they're £160.00 and even less with a discount code.

My 32/34 was not short like that. It seems strange to me - perhaps the smaller rise on one size down? Mine were 34.2 inches and shrunk to 32.2.

8 hours ago, Aviv said:

My 32/34 was not short like that. It seems strange to me - perhaps the smaller rise on one size down? Mine were 34.2 inches and shrunk to 32.2.

I don't think it has to do with a shorter rise because that doesn't affect the inseam length. Mine already started an inch shorter at 32.9"... Plus I did a hot wash with regular spin compared to your cold wash on gentle. If it behaves like my other LVC jeans from recent years, then I'm going to guess mine will eventually be a tad below 30" lol I'm only 5'7" so it isn't much of a bother for me.

On 25/02/2017 at 2:42 AM, bod said:

Yeah, rather odd that it started so short. I wore my '76s all day today and I haven't had any issues bending, squatting, sitting or going up steps two at a time. I'm not sure about your tastes in fit, but I'm glad I gave these a go and I reckon you should too especially if you have a discount code!

Thanks for posting Paul, they look great.

Non-vintage repro mirror 1976 are £300 on the Levi's UK website:

http://www.levi.com/GB/en_GB/levi/p/329980000

Edited by Maynard Friedman

That's great Paul. I guess you are never going to wear them?

- thanks, Maynard.

I've just mail-ordered a pair as I'm not sure if I can get up to London next week. Levis offer free delivery/free returns. Would have liked to of compared the LHT to the RHT version which are retailing @ £160. My only reservation on the Mirror version is how I will get on with the button-fly - might find that a little odd if it's the other way around?

I wonder if any other stores outside of Cinch are stocking these?

Edited by cool_hand
add info

10 hours ago, Paul T said:

they are one of the 12.

Do you know how it was decided who would get one of the 12? I'm guessing the repro mirror jeans won't have the same errors in the fabric so what you've got on your hands is really awesome. 

2 hours ago, Aviv said:

I think in the end I'm going to sell my 1976s. I'm not sure the shorter length look goes with the rest of my wardrobe.

Just to complicate your decision-making process a bit: a couple years ago, in January, I bought a secondhand pair of Fullcount 1108s that were hemmed probably 1.5 inches shorter than I would have liked. I tried them on, loved the cut and denim, but just couldn't work the short inseam with any of my winter clothes, so they sat in the closet for months. Then, once it got sunny out, I decided to try them on again, and all of a sudden the short 1108s found their niche! All that's to say: you may come back around to 'em in time. --But also, good luck with the sale!

4 hours ago, mandel9000 said:

Oh no, that length was perfect on you! And what chicote says is true, shorter inseams really work well for summer. Your decision though, good luck either way! 

I appreciate that! I think I could pull it off if I had more of a retro/old timey wardrobe. I just don't have the right stuff to wear with them. My loss will be someone's good deal! Just posted them in the market 

4 hours ago, mandel9000 said:

Oh no, that length was perfect on you! And what chicote says is true, shorter inseams really work well for summer. Your decision though, good luck either way! 

If he's going to wear those boots with them most of the time, the inseam is a little short.  But, IMO their length is perfect for summer with a low top sneaker or a dress loafer.  

3 hours ago, setterman said:

If he's going to wear those boots with them most of the time, the inseam is a little short.  But, IMO their length is perfect for summer with a low top sneaker or a dress loafer.  

Yea that's exactly my problem. I wear boots all the time. Summertime and wintertime. It's my other obsessions. I don't really do sneakers, though I do have some derbies I wear on rare occasion. 

Test your Levis codes out online and over the phone. I received one for 30% off + free shipping that did work for LVC. Came in an email yesterday with the subject "want to reconnect?". The online code with dashes in it works.

just saw the pics of the mirror jeans now, wow that loom chatter is savage...
I would be curious to hear how hard the piss task when completely drunk in a pub may be with that "wrong side button fly"...

Mirror Jeans just arrived. Yep, they're going to be to small if you go for your usual waist size. I ordered a 34/34.

Waist 34 1/4"
FR 12 3/4"
RR 15"
Thigh 12.5"
Knee 9 3/4"
Inside leg: 34.5" / 34 1/4"
Opening 8.5"

There were no measurements for these online so I took a chance they would be sized for shrinkage. The last pair of LVC I purchased were the 1915 (34/34) which came up a 36 waist. Based on propellerbeanie's post-soak measurements these will lose 2" in the waist. How different is the RHT to the LHT?

I thought the denim would be a little more interesting – it looks just like the picture on Caliroots, quite light - would expect it to darken once soaked. My pair are missing the swing tag and the card size label that sits next to the leather back patch, maybe they didn't make these labels/tags for the Mirror version? Made in the USA. The mirrored fly doesn't work for me - maybe if you're left handed it will work? It just might be the Achilles heel in the design. Anway to small so will need to go back and I think I will look to size-up in a standard RHT pair.

Edited by cool_hand
typo