Levi's Vintage Clothing

This photo represents the actual color by the way, they are heavier than modern 501s, and the best thing is they are in pristine condition, I think these are deadstock not LVC...anyone knows how much they can sell for?

14591698_10211048078663908_5465449630499

I know little when it comes to Levi's, but something about them suggests early LVC repro rather than new old stock from the period they appear to be from..

My guess would be early to mid '90s Valencia St LVC

Edited by mondo

I see...yes I saw that 1987 copyright on one of the labels...if I couldn't get much from these I might just wear them because they are my exact size...they are 6 inches longer than my usual inseam length though but I'm thinking about cuffing them for a change

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely thread bump pom, enjoy the jeans!

RE: the pair posted above, they're indeed early "LVC" repros from 1993. Very cool, though you won't get big vintage bucks from it. I'd try to sell them for $350 personally and work your way down with negotiation if anyone was interested in buying

Just a quick note for Sufu followers in London:

I'll be speaking about denim and the counterculture at the V&A on Friday, as part of the Revolution weekend. More details at the link...

I have also taken a pair of 60s LVC as part of my fee. I think there have been some detail improvements in this model.  It's the one LVC pair I haven't worn in all the way, so I'll be popping up on this thread again I suspect.

Details https://www.vam.ac.uk/shop/whatson/index/view/id/3910/event/Revolutions-Weekender--Amber-Butchart-In-Conversation-with-Paul-Trynka/dt/2016-11-04/eType/1/free/1

• 1 month later...

They look great. As far as I can see, essentially identical to the other Nevada.

Not sure if it's been discussed here before, but I see that Cone have developed a new 1870s fabric, rather than the previous Kurabo. I am pretty sure it will be used on the next Nevada issues, as the new 'early' fabric.  It's used on the current three-pleat jacket, which I'm lucky enough to own an example of and which has been keeping me warm this winter. I'll report back on it.

Edited by Paul T

Looking at the depth of the twill and the way the denm folds, it appears to be a heavier weight denim (I don't think it's just from washing). Also, it's likely natural indigo dye.

it's overwhelmingly likely - synthetic indigo wasn't being sold commercially until over 30 years after these jeans were made. Levi's moved to synthetic indigo with the switch from Amoskeag to Cone fabric, around 1922.

Sympathy, my jacket isn't worn in yet! But here's how it looked before the soak - plus my new 1966. I note they've improved the back arcuate stitching, which I thought was previously too exaggerated and flat. This is my first ever LVC 66, so I'm looking forward to the next six months as this is reputedly one of the best Cone fabric repros.

THreepleatfront_zpsixgvtxhn.jpg

threepleatfabric_zpsva94gb7c.jpg

1966front_zpsojxbbn2s.jpg

1966soaked_zpsh7xbmwdy.jpg

1966bum_zps4cldw5s1.jpg

It was mentioned at denimbro. Hope they correct the rise issue of the 78 (too short) when making the 76. I put the denim used in the 78 right up there with that in the 44 and 66, but the low rise/wide thigh pattern they went with in the 78 blows.

Thanks for the clarification, Paul. Do you know the weight of the denim as well?

That's a really good question. People disagree. Cone have the original specs, but some people tell me that the weight has been misjudged as it depends on the roll width. For all that, I am kind of used to earlier jeans being lighter weight fabric and like it as it makes them more distinct.

Re the 1976 jeans that setterman discussed, I'm not sure if folk know the story, but essentially Cone wanted to put another loom into operaton, and looked at the oldest one, the Model E, which is in their reception (I've posted pix of it on this thread. But who knows where?). It had a roll of fabric on it... this is the one they will use. Obviously that one will be loomstate (duh... being on the loom) but it will be interesting to see if they do the STF preskewing etc treatment on it.

Aho, I absolutely love the three pleat jacket and wear it nearly all the time. A third layer for winter and second for summer, but I think it will need some really heavy wear... so I'll come back here Christmas 2017. Jeez, I hope next year is better than this one!

Edited by Paul T

Thanks Pault T for posting these pictures, your 1966 look nice, the rise seems being at the right length. I have them in W29 and mine issue from a lowered rise, featuring only 3 button at the fly. But the denim is supernice.

It was me how mentioned the 1976 at denimbro since i saw em in the new ss17 lookbook here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paulandwilliams/sets/72157674273246635/

There will be a "mirror jeans" made from oldstock cone lefthand denim, since levi´s denim always was right hand, LVC decided to

mirror every detail of the jean. funny idea... but there also will be a regular '76 and yes I also hope the rise will be accurate.

Aho, I absolutely love the three pleat jacket and wear it nearly all the time. A third layer for winter and second for summer, but I think it will need some really heavy wear... so I'll come back here Christmas 2017. Jeez, I hope next year is better than this one!

Consensus is size up one, right?

Thanks Pault T for posting these pictures, your 1966 look nice, the rise seems being at the right length. I have them in W29 and mine issue from a lowered rise, featuring only 3 button at the fly. But the denim is supernice.

It was me how mentioned the 1976 at denimbro since i saw em in the new ss17 lookbook here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paulandwilliams/sets/72157674273246635/

There will be a "mirror jeans" made from oldstock cone lefthand denim, since levi´s denim always was right hand, LVC decided to

mirror every detail of the jean. funny idea... but there also will be a regular '76 and yes I also hope the rise will be accurate.

Ah, didn't know if the story was out yet.

Yes, they found the fabric on the loom and were "hooraaah"! Then they saw it was l/h denim and were "noooo". So the mirror image is a great get-out.

Re the 66 they seem to have done a few changes without really telling people, I didn't know they had lowered the rise on earlier ones.

Edited by Paul T

...well unfortunately I would easily guess these mirror 501 will be in a priece range same as the denim tuxedo few years ago.

@ Paul T, are your '66 from 2016? Mine are 2012 made, I think it´s also due to the smaller size to match the right proportion, though the

original 60s 501 of mine at W29 still has a higher rise...

...well unfortunately I would easily guess these mirror 501 will be in a priece range same as the denim tuxedo few years ago.

@ Paul T, are your '66 from 2016? Mine are 2012 made, I think it´s also due to the smaller size to match the right proportion, though the

original 60s 501 of mine at W29 still has a higher rise...

Yeah, looking at the details of the mirror jean, I'd expect they'll cost at least double what a standard pair of lvc 501s cost.

Don't know why they shrink the rise on some models. I'm sure my old lvc 66s had a rise shorter than a vintage pair in the same size would have had. Dr Heech had a vintage pair of size 34 late 70s 501s, and the rise on my size 38 lvc '78s was shorter than them by like an inch. 😕