Levi's Vintage Clothing

Ah ok, so it's not a Valencia / non-Valencia thing. Thanks for sharing chaps. You'd be tempted to say it depends on what the original patch from the model they are replicating looks like. And then you'd go on to say that different factories kicked out different, varying quality patches. So LVC have got it right!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen them for years, at least in sizes below 36-38 waists. My 1944 is even 33*38 but I haven't seen such sizes for some time now.

Interesting. I wonder why they stopped producing them. Surely there are plenty of tall customers...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yep, would like to pick up another pair of '66s or '55s, but the current asking price for LVC is completely out of line.  

LVC website hasn't updated with the F/W collection yet, and it seems like there isn't much selection being carried by the stores that still stock their products.  I wonder if the brand is on the way out....

Cultizm is the only store I've seen carrying the anniv 1915s (which for some reason are the least expensive raw 501).    

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyway of telling Rigid and New Rinse apart?

I have a pair of LVC 1955 501. They were advertised/sold as by the retailer:

Levi's Vintage Men’s Classic Fit 1955 501 Rigid Raw Washed Selvedge Denim Jeans in Indigo

The label attached to the waist on teh inside says: 1955 501 Jeans 34 32 LOT 50155-0116

There is nothing on the labels that show the jeans have been washed? I guess it's popssible denim is rinsed though!

I'll post up a picture shortly.

Whatever they are, any ideas what the shrinkage will be if I machine wash them 40 degrees?

IMG_4738_zpsmpfoxdbr.jpg

Edited by cool_hand

I now think these are Rigid becase of photos of the New Rinse 501 on Levi.com shows the new rinse patch covered in blue stains.

http://www.levi.com/GB/en_GB/mens-jeans/p/501540033

So if they are Rigid how much will they shrink?

The inside leg is 32, waist actually measures 17 3/4 (45cm).

Browsing pics of the 54 rigid and came across these on a Indonesian forum, I think they're sweet!  I like the denim used for the 54ZXX, is it custom made for this model only or is it the same as the 55?

22334512048_879137736c_z.jpg

Edited by bod

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am really thinking about going for some 1890 501's! I have the 1901's (with incorrect leather patch) but I put on a bit of weight a couple of years ago and cant seem to shake it! lol. I want to go for a real vintage look and really like how the single pocket looks! what are your opinions of them and if any of you have some pictures you want to post up that would be cool too.

I'd say that in this type of forum, the single pocket look is polarizing. Some hate it; some love it. In the real-life world, it's not so polarizing, because 99.99% of the people you encounter will think it's absolutely terrible. Which is the exact reason (given that you like the look) to say "Fuck 'em all!", and rock that shit all over town, making parents nervous, and ladies faint.

ha ha, yeah you are both probably right. to be fair, where I live and work I very rarely see anyone wearing selvedge denim let alone historic re issue type jeans so it is really for my own benefit! I love how the older (1937 501's and earlier) jeans wear over time, I guess it is to do with the looser fit and the fact that I have always preferred natural less contrasty fades! I think I will bite the bullet on them after Christmas when I have a bit of spare cash floating about.

For sale: BNWT pair of LVC 1915 from the 2010 production run. Tagged W30 L34, they measure approx W33 L34 in their raw state, very similar to my other, worn pair, also tagged 30/34, from 2009.A975A8BC-372F-4D2C-B62F-440FBAFA4B6A.jpg

Measurements (BiG style)

- Waist: 33"

- Front rise: 12.5"

- Back rise: 16"

- Thigh: 13"

- Hem: 8.7"

- Inseam: 34"

£100 plus fees and postage from the UK

I am really thinking about going for some 1890 501's! I have the 1901's (with incorrect leather patch) but I put on a bit of weight a couple of years ago and cant seem to shake it! lol. I want to go for a real vintage look and really like how the single pocket looks! what are your opinions of them and if any of you have some pictures you want to post up that would be cool too.

I love mine; they're my summer jeans. Not too different from my 1901 which have worn brilliantly, probably a bit more tapered. Good denim, albeit not as beautiful as the 1915 (what is). They're slow to wear in, would be only reservation.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I received a pair of this season 1915s.  I think they did a top notch job at conemills, since the denim is so nice in texture and slightly fury. Although it is the lightest denim (9oz) from the 501 range it feals more 3 dimensional than many other plain denims. Hopefully LVC is going to replicate more such beautiful denim for there other jeans, like 47 or 37.

I would guess the denim of the 2010 '15 is different to 2015 version. Can anyone confirm?