Levi's Vintage Clothing

yep, it's too wide IMO. Especially for a type3

hm, it's an original, so who can tell if this is too wide or too narrow, for real?

I believe it's just right, but times have changed.

I like the jacket but I agree, you could do better, Florian :-)

Length-wise, I think that the jacket is good so if I were you I'd shoot for one in the same length but with a slightly trimmer body and slimmed down arms. 

That whisky collection though!

I'm looking at the Eternal 887 now. Shoulders -2cm, Arm +2 cm, Length +2cm, Body / chest (the only Thing that could be wrong) -6cm. Should I give it a try?

Thanks for your opinions! (for those interested - my whiskybase nick is also Max Power).

Edited by Max Power

I don't know, fit looks SPOT ON perfect to me...I'd wear it all day long! 

Also keep in mind it looks like there might be some shrinkage left in them, I think it'll slim down to where you want it if thrown in the washer/dryer

Edited by aho

Hoggreaser - these are the 67 505s that I mentioned. These are 2007 & made in US so around the same time as yours. I might have exaggerated when I said the back rise went up about 2" :wacko: , but they certainly curve up a fair amount and I do recall they looked odd when I wore them. Like some strange back support or adult diaper thingy!  I'd be interested to know whether this is an accurate repro of the back rise and whether LVC ditched it at a later date to appeal to the market - if anyone has an ideas it'd be interesting to share.

OQ3Ni75l.jpg

Anyway, here's some more photos just so people don't think I'm only sharing my arse-fades.

joMaH0Pl.jpg?1

4GJbeI9l.jpg?1

UWWArKWl.jpg

Edited by unders

Maynard -  I'm just a tart - if a pair of jeans don't bust my balls post-soak I ain't wearing 'em  :tongue:

Seriously though, what I found with these was that the waist-line wasn't particularly straight or uniform, they curved up quite dramatically and that was what seemed odd. The front was quite a low-rise and then the back was high. Still, I wore them so couldn't have been that bad!

Edit guys - not jumping on to the LVC bashing bandwagon here. I've been a fan for many years.

Edited by unders

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I´m currently breaking in a pair of 1878 Pantaloons and after two month of everyday wear the don´t show hardly fading at all.

I would like to know if anyone got those too and how did it come up after a wash. did them shrink much and can i expect a leg twist?

i´m pretty sure it´s the same denim used for the 1st 1873 or 1901 by the way, pretty dark and dense with a slight green cast...

many thanks!

Edited by Sympathy-For-The-Denim

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I need your help identifying a Levis denimshirt that might be fake.

I saw it at a friends house and a lot of things looked wrong exept the denim itself. It's an old shirt, or looked to be. The tag was big "E", however the neckpatch inside had a small "e" and the tag said made in England. All of this left me confused and bewildered.

Hi there,

I´m currently breaking in a pair of 1878 Pantaloons and after two month of everyday wear the don´t show hardly fading at all.

I would like to know if anyone got those too and how did it come up after a wash. did them shrink much and can i expect a leg twist?

i´m pretty sure it´s the same denim used for the 1st 1873 or 1901 by the way, pretty dark and dense with a slight green cast...

many thanks!

I think they're the same denim as my 1890, which I pulled out of the cupboard last week. I've worn them at least four months, probably five. And coming back to them the lack of fade is really depressing, partly because they're so loose.On these jeans the main fade always seems to be around the pocket bags. I know it's worth persevering as my 1901 look amazing... but that fabric is very s-l-o-o-o-o-w....

Hello!

I need your help identifying a Levis denimshirt that might be fake.

I saw it at a friends house and a lot of things looked wrong exept the denim itself. It's an old shirt, or looked to be. The tag was big "E", however the neckpatch inside had a small "e" and the tag said made in England. All of this left me confused and bewildered.

impossible to say without a pic...

Edited by Paul T

Older LVC models are simply perfect for the summer months. Having worn my 9oz 1915s for a couple of summers (until the knees went), I've now started on my 'customised' 1937s (I had them tapered slightly and removed the cinch completely). I'm really enjoying LVC right now at a time when the popularity seems to have waned somewhat if the forums are anything to go by.

I'm really enjoying LVC right now at a time when the popularity seems to have waned somewhat if the forums are anything to go by.

Still lots of activity under the LVC and levisvintageclothing hashtags on Instagram.

Not much to talk about here though because the denim line has basically been the same for the past five years. The only thing I have any interest in seeing from them any more is the a high quality copy of some of the early XX jeans found by Michael Harris.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just received a pair of LVC 501 1955.

I believe they are in Raw Washed Denim - as opposed to Rigid - although the label says 501 Jeans Rigid.

They feel soft.

Does anyone know if these will shrink further? If so, by apx. how much.

They are 34/32.

Just received a pair of LVC 501 1955.

I believe they are in Raw Washed Denim - as opposed to Rigid - although the label says 501 Jeans Rigid.

They feel soft.

Does anyone know if these will shrink further? If so, by apx. how much.

They are 34/32.

In my experience LVC's tend be be softer feeling than some other denim out there. Maybe they're not as heavily starched or something. 

They'll most likely shrink an inch or so in the waist, but can stretch out again, and a couple inches in the leg.