Levi's Vintage Clothing

I think I have to retract that I mentioned Mr.Porter, there seems to be something "fishy" with their pricing, a huge difference depending on where you're from (shipping to), either their currency conversion is buggy, or they have a geographical strategy: where there is high demand they charge more (in this case Germany is being charged the most) - which is not quite right for me...just go with the "normal" currency conversion you people from Mr. Porter.  The differences in cost should only be in the shipping fee.

Shipping to Singapore:

10679812_10204913982035326_2467676568061

Shipping to the UK (and they are based in UK I think)

10604096_10204913982115328_3149973705299

Shipping to Germany (ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS)..and WHY? (they all got the dough there?)

1890443_10204913982075327_35662706582674

Edited by mf051404

Can't remember if we have a thrift finds thread...

I was at the flea market this past weekend and picked up two Type III's for $30 each, Big E...talk about a steal...Here are bad pictures, I'll be photographing them and more details eventually!

15182768101_e469cc7fef_b.jpg

Gorgeous rusted out one...need better pics of this...I'll get them up eventually!14999220368_49a3636778_b.jpg
15185428002_1c50b6d232_b.jpg

Things I didn't buy:
Type II ($400, alright price but rich for what I wanted to pay)
14999014919_c0d3c9b587_b.jpg

Test Pair of LVC 1966
14999224427_e74dd5d1c2_b.jpg

and a holy grail...Should've asked price but didn't think to at the moment...
15185425062_e7493dec72_b.jpg

So my LVC 1878 Pantaloons from Vente-privee came today. Before soaking I turned them inside out to check out the rest of the jean when I noticed the selvedge on both seams were like frayed or a bit destroyed.

GsDDT8h.jpg

Perhaps it was a factory defect (which is most likely why I was able to get them for $70)

Anyway they're drying right now so no fit pics yet, but I was wondering if I should bother taking these to a tailor to get the edges touched up. I mean it stays clean near the area where I'd cuff so there's no visual problem really. But tell me your thoughts if you want.

Well I gave up on trying to make the jeans fit. I tried to wear them out today but they kept sliding down to my hips, giving me a Biebs swag drop crotch thing. That's when I realized my rookie mistake, size for where the waistband is going to sit...oh well you live and learn. They've shipped to my brother in Arizona who should actually fit them and he sounded excited. So at least good came from it, and the pants will be worn...but damn!

Edited by Coolguyzack

Recently picked up this jacket in the vintage section of a shop called Una Mae's in Chicago. I don't know much about it, but the wear on it is incredible and for $48 I couldn't pass it up. Hoping you guys could get me some info on it, anyone able to identify the type for me and tell me when it was made? 

IMG_2341.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2346_2.jpg

Appreciate the help!

I'm clearing out a few things to raise £££ for some new veldtschoen shoes. In particular the Cannery Row Lot 66 converted waist overalls. I love these, but after a couple of years I realise I haven't worn them once, as I'm too obsessed with getting wear on my zillion other pairs. 10 per cent off the eBay price to any Sufu members!

Lot66_zps510c4cd8.jpg

Hi all all-knowing-peeps. I have a Lvc 506xx which i am eager to have some details on, i suppose it is a type 1. It has a horisontally striped lining in blue/red/light blue in wool/polyester. Im unable to post pics so i'll fill out the tag nummer as follow:

WPL-423

0120-099-501

71506.00.04 (8917)

2008L3

Can you fill me out on production date (i guess '08) what the msrp was and and other info.

Edited by Carl Hallberg

with LVC being sold on levis.com now...does anyone have any info or even inside knowledge regarding their health? I guess a bit more attention couldn't hurt, even though most "outside" buyers probably will prefer washed stuff. But as long as it works for them and their raw stuff is availablr, I am happy.

Sounding like a fanboy here, but maybe that's what I am. I love the japanese brands, but I think LVC's collections of recent years are very nice.

don't know if it has been postet here - Spring Summer '15

http://levisvintageclothing.prosite.com/120119/3974342/all/ss15-bread-butter-berlin-de

Edited by ThomasK

I think I have to retract that I mentioned Mr.Porter, there seems to be something "fishy" with their pricing, a huge difference depending on where you're from (shipping to), either their currency conversion is buggy, or they have a geographical strategy: where there is high demand they charge more (in this case Germany is being charged the most) - which is not quite right for me...just go with the "normal" currency conversion you people from Mr. Porter.  The differences in cost should only be in the shipping fee.

Shipping to Singapore:

Shipping to the UK (and they are based in UK I think)

Shipping to Germany (ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS)..and WHY? (they all got the dough there?)

VAT. 

• 1 month later...

@st199ml,

they are legit as far as i can see. i know because i also own a late 50s 501. i wonder if people are going to pay in the end. recently i sold a deadstock levi saddleman tee from the 70s for 850$ at the bay, but never got paid until the 5th try and finale made 450$...

Unionmade has collaborated with Levis for their 5th anniversary. Included are a hand dyed indigo sweatshirt (couldn't resist) and 47 501. They say it's Levis' first ever collab? Also offering an indigo dyed peacoat, indigo dyed heavy oxford by Gitman Bros and boots. Cant say I care much for the 47 501

Edited by lance