Levi's Vintage Clothing

^sounds like a 55 or a 47 would be a good option for you. obviously, those two will be unsanforized while the 505s are sanforized. 

Sorry for the lame question but I'm looking to get a pair of LVC big E with a good slim/straight fit and not an over the top wash. Any suggestions? Something not too dark.

Thanks

Edited by Knolok

^i'd go with some classic 47s. i recommend going with the rigid and washing them if you want them lighter. they do have some wash options as well.

Posting some measurements to help out a member here. Comparing tagged size 38 '47, '66, and '78. The '66s are button code 4170 from three yeas ago, other two are more recent production. Waist measurements are post wear. Fresh out of the wash they're probably a 1/2" to 1" smaller. Best fitting pair of the bunch are the '47s.

'47

Waist 38"

Front Rise 13"

Rear Rise 16 1/2"

Thigh 13 1/4"

'66

Waist 38"

FR 12 1/2"

RR 16 3/4"

Thigh 13 1/2"

'78

Waist 39"

FR 12"

RR 16 1/4"

Thigh 13 3/4

Trying to find a set of the buttons that used to come with the older pair, I tried primebutton but they haven't gotten back to me yet and their site is really web 1.0, would anyone know where to start with hooking me up with some LVC press buttons?

I have a LVC bolivian raw leather belt that I just slightly used, that is a size 32 (The holes go from waist size ~31 to ~34), I got it for $150 at the SF store, but it doesnt fit me anymore. 

I need to let this go, so I'm selling it at $55 shipped. 

I also have a brand new, w/o tags the LVC blanket shirt, size Medium. Going for $60.

http://unionmadegoods.com/Levi_s_Vintage_Clothing_1950s_Shorthorn_Shirt_in_Grey_and_Blue_Blanket_Pattern_5650.html

i'd be happy to chainstitch them if you want to mail them to me at BlackBlue in Saint Paul. i'd soak them before you hem them unless you're really not ready to wash them. PM me if you want.

Can anyone direct me to some fit pics of the cone 1915's? I've ploughed through many many pages but have yet to stumble across anything.

Many thanks

I have read a few bits and pieces on the recent LVC 1978 501 and they all seem to mention that they have a very low front rise. However, some of the measurements on here don't seem to bad, around 12", so just how low are they and is it only low compared to a traditional 501 rise? Thanks.

On smaller size it will. Size 34 and smaller are most likely less than 11"

OK, thanks again. That pretty much rules them out for me then. I thought the 1966 rise was a bit on the short size so the 78 just wouldn't work for me, which is a pity as Levis seemed to have made a real effort with them.

Ok, exactly what you want to see?

Well, a good shot of the whole front and back if possible.  Also, what numbers/letters are on the reverse of the button-backs?  Does it have denim-weight or shirt-weight material under the pocket flaps?  Thanks in advance :)

i'd be happy to chainstitch them if you want to mail them to me at BlackBlue in Saint Paul. i'd soak them before you hem them unless you're really not ready to wash them. PM me if you want.

Just want to vouch for this guy... did an awesome job on my Left Fields.

OK, thanks again. That pretty much rules them out for me then. I thought the 1966 rise was a bit on the short size so the 78 just wouldn't work for me, which is a pity as Levis seemed to have made a real effort with them.

The 78 model is a real modern cut- low rise, boxy top but slim allover. Sure not everybodys darling, denimwise one of the most interesting models. Sulphur dyed, fat, hairy jap-like denim. Pretty cool.

The 78 model is a real modern cut- low rise, boxy top but slim allover. Sure not everybodys darling, denimwise one of the most interesting models. Sulphur dyed, fat, hairy jap-like denim. Pretty cool.

Yep, that's what peaking my interest in them so much, maybe if I find a pair of 36x36 cheap somewhere I'll take a chance on them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

what's your normal LVC size 501XX4EVER? The '78 is low compared to the rest of the LVC line up, but when compared to some of the more modern cuts and brands, it's easily a mid rise.

I'm a 36 in the '33 and '44, 38 in the '47. Went with a 38 in the '78 since it's advertised as slim. But as you can see from my measurements above, other than the rise, the '78 is much bigger than the '47 in the same size. Front rise when all the shrink is out on a size 36 '78 should be around 11 1/2". That's wearable, but border line when it comes to comfort for me. I've got a pair of size 38 RJB 105s that have an 11" front rise, and I can only wear them for short periods before the rise starts to bug me.