Levi's Vintage Clothing

not jeans but my dad told me today that he had two levi jackets in the attic and he said they went for a lot and wanted to sell them, i went to check and i found two...so i searched them on ebay and found a 1950's bige cowhide jacket that was the same as my one and it was listed for £400

anyone know anything about vintage levi jackets?

Nice first post. Welcome to the forum.

That pair looks very nice. Do you have any more photos of the front and back taken in better light? It seems like the fades may have a bit more depth in the last photo, and I'm sure others would like to see as well.

Edited by rayw44

Roping looks good. Quite aggressive fades, but I like it.

BTW, caliroots.com is having a pre easter sale. If you have an account you get 20% on all stuff, incl. LVC. They still have a few sizes of the 78 501 (one " oversized) and nearly all sizes of the 54 501.

Levis had 2 factories in Scotland up until the very late 90s/early 2000s

Cheers for that! Had absolutely no idea until I got these.

Going by the dates on the branding, looks like they were made in the 80s at some point...

I've e-mailed the Levi's historian who'll hopefully be able to shed some more light!

Hey gents, could any of you tell me if the regular "made in usa, shrink to fit 501" has the same cone denim as LVC? same weight? I would imagine the only difference is its unsanforized? If this has been recently discussed I apologize.

my guess is that it's more like the rest of the brands that use 12.5 cone white oak denim: there are two very common varieties. the black/navy line selvage and redline that most brands alternate between including Left field, imogene + willie, tellason, baldwin, railcar, etc... the redline is a little bit stiffer with a more or a greyish color (like APC or 1947 LVC) where the navy/black line's denim is a little bit darker and slightly spongier. these are the two most common White Oak denim's i've come across.

anyone know what these are?

http://www.ebay.ca/i...B:WNAFP:CA:1123

Like Paul said, USA made 505s. A year or so ago I picked up a NWT pair just like those at a local second hand store for $12. Mine were made in 1995. They have HUGE rise, and I don't remember my Levis fitting like that back then.

• 3 weeks later...