Levi's Vintage Clothing

That's a classic loom fault - surprised they let that one through!

Of course, there are some significant errors on the Valencia St jeans - the very first 555 jeans, weer a generic repro that had loads of details wrong. I''ve tracked down a boxed pair of these not too far away and will do a blog story on them when the weather's warmed up and I feel like driving. Then the later range, ie the first LVC, had a classic "201" that was really a 501.

THis is a pair of 555 '55 that Pomata found. Sold a bunch of my 555, this is my last unwashed pair. These are reasonably early, April 1998.

Now errors on this pair: firstly, the misshapen watch pocket. MOre significantly, the yoke stitching is incorrect - there should be a "stagger", where the 2 lines of stitching don't line up, ie the right-hand panel of the yoke should be shorter. This stagger is one of the key features of the post-war 501 (look at mizza's fab making a pair of jeansthread to get an illustration of this, post #224 shows the correct method), other years had a different construction, so getting it wrong is a pretty major error.

front_zps051e9f1c.jpgback_zpsd2400cb1.jpgfabric_zps151c1827.jpg

Because I have it on my machine, the tag...

tag_zps9ab7fa07.jpg

Edited by Paul T

yes. but some lots run bigger than others.

Too add a little more info, tagged size 38 '22s, '44s, and '55s are all going to measure 40 to 41" raw.

Tagged size 38 '33s, '47s, and '66 will all measure 38 1/2 to 39" raw.

If you need something bigger lacadien, keep an eye on ebay. five or six years ago, LVC was making size 40 and 42 501s, you might stumble upon a raw pair. Also, many of the Japanese brands make a size 40 (and bigger), and the raw measurement on them is in the 40" to 43" range depending on brand and model.

If the size 38 '47 was too small (I'm assuming the discomfort was at the waist), the '55 may work. It's waist should shrink down to where the raw '47s were at, and then stretch back out if need be. Also, Sugar Cane '47s and Full Count 0105 are an option for you. Both go up to size 40, and shrink to tagged.

If the size 38 '47 was too small (I'm assuming the discomfort was at the waist), the '55 may work. It's waist should shrink down to where the raw '47s were at, and then stretch back out if need be. Also, Sugar Cane '47s and Full Count 0105 are an option for you. Both go up to size 40, and shrink to tagged.

Yeah, the LVC 47s were too tight at the waist. I gave up on the SC 47s because I can't find a sz 40 anywhere. I'm definitely going to check out the FC 0105s next time I'm in NY.

I have two pairs of 555 47s, four pairs of 554 47s, and one pair of R taylor togs 47s, all are tagged 38x40, all measure around 37.5 waist and 39 inseam,,, all are still new with tags, and I have three pairs of 2012 season 47s tagged 38x38 new with tags and measure 39x39, the early seasons are way nicer in my honest opinion,,, i also have two pairs of 555 1955s from sept 96 size 38x38 and measure 38x37ish, and once again these are way nicer than recent offerings,,, I also have many single and double stitch genuine 1970s 501s in 38x40 and 38x38 and some are deadstock new with tags and I love em to bits,,, repro lvc 47s measure and fit very similar to original genuine 1970s 501 jeans, which is great because I love the 70s fit,,, ebay has been a god send as far as original vintage is conserned,,, does anyone have the 1978 repros and how do they fit ??? and how do 1954 501zxx fit compared to say 47s ???

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I bought a pair of 1954 501z in the Mr. Porter sale.

https://www.mrporter.com/product/175432

Great price and they fit me perfectly now (and I'm not bothered by authenticity of repro etc. just want nice jeans!) However does anyone know if this particular wash will shrink much? The tag is misleading as it refers to raw denim shrinking. I'm pretty tall so couldn't afford to lose any length from their current 34 inseam.

Thanks for your help.

^they aren't gonna shrink like a rigid '54 which doesn't shrink as much as some of the other LVC models. you should be fine. i'd keep them out of hot water and the dryer.

1944 Model

Purchased: 2008

Wear: Don't remember since I stopped wearing them after the blow out got too big.

Times Washed: I wanna say 5. But can't be more than that.

8470546406_65088af0a6.jpg

8470546350_cbf3e00b8d.jpg

Hi Guys,

Im in need of some help....

Im looking for a pair of the 1915 501 Cone jeans.

I recently tried on The Clerks Tagged as W30/L32 - they were a little sung and slightly too short.

Id prefer them to be a little less fitted so think i need a 32/34.

Does anyone have an idea of where to look now - i realise i missed the boat on these when first released.

I've searched online and called LVC Soho, and cant find any stock.

I believe (may well be wrong) that the 1901 1920 might be a good alternative. Is this correct?

Ideally id like a pair with a very similar cut to the 1915 and made in the same/similar Cone denim.

Thanks in advance - I did search but wanted to ask as the newer model 1922 etc are now out and wasn't sure if there is a good replacement for these in general.

Thanks

Edited by UkeNo

^steve kang, my boss, is on there wearing his '47s.

Edited by satchelbmoore

if i remember, i'll measure some tomorrow. they run short i remember but i think they might run a little small as well. at least the spearmint ones do. what size(s)?

also, isn't it 519?

Anyone have a pair of the LVC White 518s? Comments on sizing, fit or authenticity?

http://unionmadegood...e_Bay_8278.html

Unionmade provided measurements, looks like they're slim and short, as expected. Can't comment on authenticity, but they have the proper overall look. Hope someone stocks the white version in size 38, because no way I could wear a 36.

Here's the blue version being modeled at oki ni. I assume he's wearing them one size too big at the waist.

http://www.oki-ni.com/legwear/levi-s-vintage-clothing-men-s-518-white-tab-jeans-lev1609blu.html

This seller came up on db sometime in 2012. He now has a triple pleated denim jacket for little money I think :huh:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item8712842e27

moving on to some real content: I noticed that lvc changend beltloops on the 47. ss13 models (as models from fw'12 possibly) have narrow loops versus the wide flat ones i find on a pair I own from 2009. Is there historical reference for that change? I always liked the wide loops and actually feared that the smaller ones make it to the raw version. they had them on their rough rinse models from the start.

These still have 'wide' beltloops:

http://www.cultizm.c...images/33_4.jpg

An example of a current 1947 from caliroots:

http://caliroots.com...423848129_L.jpg

Edited by ThomasK