Levi's Vintage Clothing

How's the sizing on the Levis 50s sweat shirts? Found a size XXL on sale, but worried it might be big. I can find measurements for the XL at unionmade, it looks small (47"). Funny thing about unionmade's measurements ... the small is 44", and the XL is 47".... 3" different across four chest sizes?!

^ i'll measure up a couple XXL sweatshirts tomorrow at the shop. there might be a size difference between the grey and the red or the blue as the red and blue are specially dyed and treated to give them that OG LVC feel...(according to them)

I had a pair of size 33x36 47s a few years ago that I ended up returning to Cultizm. Whether or not that size is available currently, I can't say.

yes. we have a bunch of 33x36s at the shop. we even have some 38" inseams but i think maybe only in 36" and 38" waist '47s.

^ i'll measure up a couple XXL sweatshirts tomorrow at the shop. there might be a size difference between the grey and the red or the blue as the red and blue are specially dyed and treated to give them that OG LVC feel...(according to them)

Thanks! This is the light grey one... at least lighter grey than the one on unionmade's website.

Glad to hear you have 38" inseam size 38 '47s. Thinking about getting a pair of 38x38 next spring or summer, and it's nice to know there are stores in the US stocking them.

not a problem. we should have some in stock. if not, we can put in an order.

i'll take this moment to say that we can put in a request with LVC for pretty much anything in their current catalog. we're happy to ship those to you. we don't have a web shop so just PM me or email or us at the shop.

Pit to Pit measurements of LVC 50s sportswear tees: only XXL in blue.

blue xxl: 26"

red xl: 25.5"

grey melee (not dark grey melee) xl: 25"

ask your local LVC dealer to see that book in person. it's amazing. one of those is planted firmly on my coffee table at home. the photography and styling is on point.

the guy returned them! got 34s instead. they are still around! i saw his 47s about a month and a half ago. i agree about his fit.

i'll look into it. no promises. over the years LVC's sent us a couple different (and awesome) hardcover look books/501 style guides. they also just sent us a couple cheaper (less classy) 501 fit guides that came with the fw12 and ss13 look books. i'll see if we can pester our rep to sending us whatever he's got left.

Edited by satchelbmoore

Hey People. I am considering picking up a pair of 1915s, and would need them to lose about an inch in the waist with a warm soak. Is this common, or do you guys tend to go true to size, expecting them to stretch back out? I don't want a particularly baggy vintage fit, but I also don't want to size down two for a slim/tight fit. Cheers.

Zissou, I wear a 32 and bought my 1915s in a 30x34, having checked with the retailer first as they were actually sized 34x35. I'm not sure whether these are representative or an anomaly. I've had them for a couple of years now (they are 2009 stock) and have washed and worn them regularly, well in the summer anyway - as you're aware they're a lightweight denim (9oz raw).

They now measure about 32x32.5 fresh from the wash and loosen up as required. As you're slim, I'd advise going +1"/2" to your true waist size, e.g. If you measure 32, buy a pair that measure 33-34 raw, the jeans will stretch to your waist accordingly and you won't have to worry about the thighs which are roomy enough, although by no means overly loose/baggy.

A good choice sir, they're very nice jeans.

Hey People. I am considering picking up a pair of 1915s, and would need them to lose about an inch in the waist with a warm soak. Is this common, or do you guys tend to go true to size, expecting them to stretch back out? I don't want a particularly baggy vintage fit, but I also don't want to size down two for a slim/tight fit. Cheers.

1915s and 1922s are 3" bigger than tagged in the waist. They're the same jean, the later one is just a darker blue and has belt loops. My waist measures 38", so I bought my '22s in a tagged size 36 to get a proper historical fit (I'm a 36 in the current models of the '22 and '44, 38 in the '47). With a hot wash the waist shrinks to tagged, but easily stretches back out a couple inches.

The 15/22 have lots of rise and are big in the seat like the later models from the 30s, but are more tapered below the knee. Nice jeans, and great denim, just wish they'd been more accurate with the details....

Edited by setterman

Zissou, my 34's now measure 36" at the waist. They were hot soaked twice when I got them but haven't seen water since. About a year of sporadic wear. I don't know if you're aware but the LVC store at Union Square here in SF has them on sale at 40% off the original $250. If you call them they will do an order over the phone. Ask for Alex or Liz, they know what they're talking about.

Thanks for the input, guys. I prefer my jeans to shrink to 33", and then stretch to ~34". So, if I understand your advice correctly, I think I should go with the 33W, which seem to start out at 35" (although Unionmade says the 32W measures 35"...). 9oz seems a bit lightweight, though...

Thanks for the sale info, devilish! I almost paid full retail...

Edit: Boo, they only have larger sizes left.

Edited by zissou

Thanks for the input, guys. I prefer my jeans to shrink to 33", and then stretch to ~34". So, if I understand your advice correctly, I think I should go with the 33W, which seem to start out at 35" (although Unionmade says the 32W measures 35"...). 9oz seems a bit lightweight, though...

Thanks for the sale info, devilish! I almost paid full retail...

Edit: Boo, they only have larger sizes left.

Hi, I agree with the size down 2 for a normal fit with good space.

I'm a natural 33.5/34 and got the W32/L36.

I find the denim similar to the MF Californians Lot54.

I like the 1915s a lot. Just beware that the front pockets are very small. This might be historically correct, but is a bit impractical. And of course you know that they don't have any belt loops.

Edited by indigoeagle

• 2 weeks later...