Levi's Vintage Clothing

I have a new, unworn pair of sand/ochre 1901s for sale. They are a selvage canvas/duck fabric in a very nice, slight pre-distressed finish that includes green oxidised rivets. Although bought as irregular, the only flaw I can spot is the missing patch, otherwise I believe they are perfect.

Like the denim 1901s, they have a cinchback, no beltloops and exposed back pocket rivets.

Tagged 32W, they actually measure around 35W with an inseam of approx 33 (I need to measure). That's why I'm selling them as they're just too big for me, otherwise I'd definitely keep these.

£50 plus shipping from the UK.

PM me for further info/photos.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Anyone know anything about 501 in 1984 (not a LVC model)? I know they were still made in the USA in 84, and judging from some photos I've seen, it's no longer selvedge. What about the denim and the fit? Were they still made with Cone denim?

1984 501 is my birthday, so lately I've been looking up on eBay for some nice of unworn 84 501's to wear and collect.

Anyone know anything about 501 in 1984 (not a LVC model)? I know they were still made in the USA in 84, and judging from some photos I've seen, it's no longer selvedge. What about the denim and the fit? Were they still made with Cone denim?

1984 501 is my birthday, so lately I've been looking up on eBay for some nice of unworn 84 501's to wear and collect.

1984 was the first year of all non-selvage jeans. The denim is still Cone, they were still produced as shrink to fit and could produce pretty good fades.

not sure if this is the right thread but what do people think of the new Levi's made-to-order jeans? not really up my ally but i feel like levi's has done this before. anyone know the price? i feel like i'm going to be fielding a lot of questions about these at the shop.

I'd like a pair of 1966 501s with a proper rise. Although, I suppose I could go with another Ooe 02...(wink.)

Looking at these Bill Ray Life photos from '66, I'm inclined to think that the LVC 1966 is perhaps a more accurate reproduction than I've hitherto realized. It's probably the exaggerated, overly tapered leg shape that throws off the LVC fit. Also, the fact that my gut prevents me from wearing mine as high as these guys doesn't help. Anyway...this is a great photo; guy on the right is doing it perfectly.

8e7e6abbb6450375_large.jpg

Edited by josh mullen

I bought some new 66's recently, compared to my 2010 pair of the same size I would say LVC have tweaked the fit, mine are narrower in the thigh and the seat is a little more fitted. Definitely not a tapered cut. Denim changed too, its slightly bluer and not hairy.

found this delightful surprise on my '55 sawtooth Saturday morning when I picked it up off the floor from Friday night. Don't know when or how this tear formed, but I've only worn the shirt 20 times max, and have never treated it rough. Glad I didn't pay $200 for it. Don't know if I should contact Levis, or just stitch it up and live with it.

img3638r.jpg

it's a tough call, setterman.

it's annoying to have rips on expensive threads. sometimes contacting these huge corporations will leave you amazed at how easily they fix or even over-fix your problem and sometimes they leave you slamming your head against the wall---. especially since you didn't pay full price, it'd avoid the retailer you got it from and go straight to levi's.

Prob answered somewhere here but I'm being lazy... How's the quality differ on the raw 1967 505's Made in USA to Made in Turkey?? I have the USA version but have the chance to pick up a Turkey version for a good price. I presume they are still the same denim?? Thanks in advance.