Levi's Vintage Clothing

just by wearing them, right?

Tigerprawn writes it like he's done something more to do so.

I know that you can pull pants when they're wet after soaking lengthwise. However, I think the thighs are very difficult to stretch.

I've just come back from a trip where I walked quite a lot in my Tellason jeans, which are quite tight. I had hoped that with all the walking the thighs would stretch, but they didn't really. The seams at the outside just give a bit showing the seams (which hold the back and front parts together).

LVC on sale at Orvis. Raw '44, '47, '54 and '66 501s, $204. Ordered the last pair of 36x36 '44s. I complained about the shipping so they waived it. Sale person said any second item would be 15% off, so that would mean a second pair of 501s for $170, but one pair was enough.

Raw 506 jackets are marked down too to $279.

I have to say I really like the SS13 catalogue. Looks like the brand is quite healthy and up and running. I hope, at least. I really don't want to see it die because I want the chance to buy a LVC STF in the future. After all, they - in contrast to lots of other companies - have a great spectrum, different lengths and they're Levi's. I see there are many complaints about sizing, but for me it is just as complicated with other brands. Without this platform I guess I would be lost, too. Just my 2 cents...

ok gf thew in the wash my beloved 55's the other day... on high spin!!! :((

fortunately, i wore them damp and they haven't shrinked to an unwearable point but they did go from relaxed to a tight fit, they feel more like 54z now (which actually isn't as bad as it seems). but the ugly thing is i got 10-15 inch vertical creases/fades on several areas. i don't really care that much, but the 55's are by far my favorite cone denim... got me wondering what would be the closest to it in the lvc range? my pre-washed 47's do look a bit similar...?

did LVC tweak the sizing categories? I used to be a size small in their tops but last season small's fit huge on me; i noticed lots of shops were also offering size XS

here are my LVC 47s

- tagged 32 waist x 34

- jeans measured 32 exactly

- my waist measures around 31ish

- my best fitting jeans prior to LVCs measure at 31 waist (after lots of wear)

- 3 hot bathtub soaks

- worn everyday for past month or so

- i'm 5'7; 145 pounds

- jeans now measure 31 in waist

they look like this..

CK5gX.jpg

hNiRz.jpg

Thanks Paul.

This is my 3rd pair and I have kept them out of water as much as possible. I have gotten some combs on these which i was unable to get anything worth while on any of the other 2 pairs I had. I think I wore these raw longer than any other pair I've owned. Maybe keeping that original stiffness in them until the combs were full set I donno but I'm happy with the way this pair is coming along.

1933 uses the same denim as 1937 doesn't it - 10oz raw with the redline on the inside?

Nice pairs airfrog

It's the same weight but a different denim. More or less every LVC fabric is different - not sure about the 22 and 27, or the 54 and 55, but with those possible exceptions they're all designed and spec'd differently.

If the 15 and 22 aren't the same, they're very close. 22s are darker though IIRC. wish lvc had made a 20s 506 jacket outta that denim. would make a much more interesting piece than say a blanket lined, sleeveless 507....

Got a pair of recent made pair of '44s and '47. Will need to give them a change to wear in and see what comes out, but right now the denim used in the doesn't seem very different.

the 15 and the 22 could well be the same, I think I posted the info when they came out on this thread.

Similarly, from memory I think the 27 is the same as the 33.

But otherwise, 44 and 47 are different, 33 and 37 are different, etc etc etc. It's only the yarns that differ, how they're loomed is the same.

Edited by Paul T

Well to a lot of people on SuFu, hardly being able to button up the lower button is still too loose. If the jacket isn't so tight that is squeezes your lower intestines and makes ur nuts pop out of your fly, than its too loose.

Yea, I dont understand it either...

Edit,

The jacket looks good, man.

Dont really get it, are you saying that the best fit for most of the people wearing type III is when it is tight enough around waist, that you can' button the last button up? Because that's exactly how my type III's fit on me, which I thought it's kinda look weird d when you're wearing something longer inside the jacket

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

In case anyone is interested, found these and not really too interested myself.

Bear in mind these aren't the LVC version, which have the blue-line selvage and all the period detailing - and have just been reissued

Edit: what the hell are these? they have the cinch in the wrong place, whcih I don't remember from the Euro, mass-market 201. Maybe they're fake, for sure they're ugly. Avoid.

Edited by Paul T