Levi's Vintage Clothing

ohh how do i size on the 55 501s on the current market now paul?

I haven't measured the recent 55 production - they were usually true to size, then around 2010 they were made really oversize, I've been told since then they're back to being accurate.

With 55 I really recommend having your actual waist size, raw - after shrinking, the waist will stretch back out, but the thighs and seat will be trimmer but not tight. The only way to get this right is to get the retailer to measure the actual size of the pair you're buying.

just came back from a levis outlet. asked if they had lvc stuff and they wheeled out a bunch from the back. only one pair of raw ones. but had a pair in every size. might be worth asking around if you have an outlet near you. they were about 100 bucks off. they probably had about 75 pairs total too. various years

Called around to my local outlet stores, one had never heard of LVC the other had just gotten them in stock. I went and checked them out, nothing raw, but, and this was my first glance at LVC's pre distressed, some of the stuff looked decent. 47's, 54's, 55's, and 66's were all on hand in various washes, all around $150. I didn't go home with anything, but was tempted by some 66's, that weren't raw, but they looked like a one wash and no fading.

just called my local Levis outlet and they haven't received anything, but they expect pieces soon. left my # for them to contact me when stuff comes in.

Curious what store that is. I just called my closest store in Washington PA and they said that they would not be getting anything.

pretty sure the R was added in the 50s when they went to the double sided tab. Those jeans in the ebay auctions are no doubt vintage, and from the 70s. the r is probably there on the other side of the tab, and you just can't see any of it because of the way it was folded. Here's a pair from the 70s to compare. If you looked on the opposite side of their tab you probably wouldn't see the r.

http://bluegoldblues...h-little-e-501s

Does any body know of any 1955 lvc skinny minnies that are about for sale?

There were some at my outlet store that I was at on Sunday $150 if I remember correct.

i am tall 175 cm 65 kg i plan to buy LVC 1967 TYPE 3 JACKET BIG E but i am not sure about size s or m

size chart

Measurements: in size s

Armpit to armpit 19"

Sleeve shoulder to cuff 25

Waist : 16.5"

Bottom of collar to waist :22.5"

Measurements: in size m

Armpit to Armpit : 20" Inches

Shoulder to Cuff 26" Inches

Bottom of collar to hem at back 23.5" Inches

Waist : 18"

Armpit to armpit : 20

thank you

<p>picked up a pair of 1947 501s last week on clearance from Boylston Trading Co ($167, shipping included). They only had a size 34 inseam, shorter than I wanted, but at that price I couldn't pass 'em up. Bought tagged size 38x34. Definitely the slimmest leg model of LVC I've dealt with (I have 37s, 44s, 55s, 66s all tagged 38 at the waist). Pre wash measurements are:

Waist 39"

Front Rise 13 3/8"

Rear Rise 16 1/2"

Thigh 13 1/2"

Leg Opening 9 1/2"

Inseam 34 1/4"

Threw them in the washer last night on delicate (30 minute cycle) and cold, then hung to dry. Post wash measurements:

Waist 37 1/2"

Front Rise 12 3/4"

Rear Rise 15 1/2"

Thigh 13"

Leg Opening 9"

Inseam 32 1/2"

I'd hoped they'd shrink more in the inseam, because I know they're not finished. Will soak or wash again tonight to get rid of that last inch/inch and a half of inseam, and hopefully tighten the waist up a half inch more, before I start wearing them. Attached are some detail shots from before I washed them. Not a bad jean, but they feel cheap compared to the Warehouse 700s I've been wearing for the past five months. They're certainly not a $250 jean, but I'd consider $160 a fair price.

img2880o.jpg

By setterman at 2012-07-16

img2879g.jpg

img2873n.jpg

img2871g.jpg

img2868o.jpg

img2864b.jpg

img2863wt.jpg

img2861d.jpg

img2867rj.jpg

Boylston is good people. I've always had a positive experience shopping with them. Helluva deal!

Question: I bought a pair of 55s awhile back (in 2011--I'll post the tag pic soon) with the stamped lvc pocket bag and i suspect theyre 2010. Every button except the top is "corroded". When did they start using those e-z rust buttons? I thought these might have been the rough rinse version but the owner and the "made in USA" tag indicates otherwise.

(edit: spelling)

Edited by grooveholmes

will post fit pix as soon as I can demonator. put the 47s through the wash again last night to get all the shrinkage out and i'm wearing them to work today. not surprised at this model giving people sizing issues over the years. they've stylized the cut do get the sized down look, while leaving enough waist to be comfortable. my pair are like a size 38 waist with size 36 or 35 legs on them.

Clearing some stuff out...

big E jackets

1. Mid/early 1960s Size 44 type 3 yellow stitching - £60

2 Late 1960s Size 44 type 3 black stitching, blanket lined, tab missing but dark denim - £60

Big E Jeans

30" waist (late 60s) - £130

29" waist (mid 60s) V-stitch - £120

Pm me for pics and info!