Levi's Vintage Clothing

dickies is now cheap MIC crap... i've had the back pocket button pop off on the 3rd wear... never had an issue with made in USA levis denim and that includes 501z & 505's... besides how the hell did you rip an almost new pair of 505s?!!

Cycling in very rocky and steep terrain. Mine are the newer made in Turkey ones, with Japanese denim, but i think any slim cut jeans would have ripped in that situation.

And to the ruggedness of Levis, I'm sure that my chinos would have been quite durable if they hadn't been heavily washed and sanded down. They are made of a quite light fabric too, I'd guess maybe 8 oz or less. Well, I'll wear them for a few more weeks and see how the tears progress.

Just thought I'd throw these up... Nothing special, first pair of jeans I ever really loved. And wore. Before I knew anything about denim, 4-5 years wear, frequent washes, I doubt they were even raw denim.

Wube6.jpg?1

737qr.jpg?1

aSmQK.jpg?1

They're a 514 cut, I can take them down if it's not appropriate 'cause they're not raw... I still wear them for working on the car.

Not a bad idea, Satchel. It can be tough sell, so your set of shrunk pairs will probably pay for itself when people can try the shrunk fit.

Is the bicyclist we sized happy with his 47s? I know he was leery about our advice!!!

haha he was very happy. thanks for your help.

we've sold a couple pre-shrunk pairs to people. we're doing it this time to have some empirical evidence for people as an example and to test our theory that the '54s shrink considerably less than the '47s and '66s.

Cycling in very rocky and steep terrain. Mine are the newer made in Turkey ones, with Japanese denim, but i think any slim cut jeans would have ripped in that situation.

a-ha.. i knew you were doing something incredibly wrong!! i'm into cycling myself but would never ever do downhill/off-road in dry denim, or any denim really. if you really must for some kind of reason i'd recommend the 605, they're slim but with elastane, same goes for the specifically made new commuter line...

i commute in my jeans! the other day wasn't so great in my left fields when they got stuck in between the chainring and the chain :(.

How are the fits on the 1967 505 and 1954 501(preshrunk) different in fit? I am a slim guy with a short torso(high rise makes me look squat). I am having trouble figuring out which fit is better for me. I like a slightly tapered leg without much bagginess in the thigh or calf.

Fit Pic of my 67 505 I'm 6'1 34" leg280421.jpg

Posted · Hidden by jyoni, May 1, 2012 - irrelevant to lvc!
Hidden by jyoni, May 1, 2012 - irrelevant to lvc!

haha he was very happy.

Good. I'm sure that guy's fit is fantastic in those.

I scooped up a curious cheap item. No idea what this is. Employee giveaway or a softball team or something? I googled the mfr a few ways, with no hits. I was hoping to at least find out their active years. Looks 80's...but that isn't necessarily the case.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400289669196?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

will be interesting to watch. I hope it isn't five pairs worn raw for seven or eight months and then soaked once before the year is up.

I wonder if those '44s are as streaky as they appear in that photo?

WTF is with the watch pocket and belt loops on the '54?! What a waste of historic model..... if you want to play with the 50s cut, do it in made & crafted, and do an honest 501Z in LVC.

Edited by setterman

i was looking for some help identifying some 501's that i recently picked up. couldn't find out what year they are. i searched for quite awhile and couldn't find anything. they have a very slim fit ( 7inch leg opening), button fly, pressed paper patch,one sided levis tab, stitched arc, ls & co sf button, rivets on the watch pocket, made in turkey. i couldn't find a year that had all those years. basically the pressed paper patch was throwing me off. anybody have an idea?

I found a pair of 1937 201xx (i think) at a second hand shop today. They were in decent condition, not much wear but probably washed a few times, the denim was very soft and didn't look very interesting. Some tears and some ugly stains, but nothing major. I think the price was around 85€, which i think is far to expensive.

Im guessing these are the Valencia street made ones from late 90's, but i didn't look for the 555 stamp on the button. They were my size and i liked the fit, but the price kind of threw me off. What do you think would be a fair price for these? I know they are quite rare and all, but 85€ seems a little steep for any used jeans really.

Great jeans!!

Just thought I'd throw these up... Nothing special, first pair of jeans I ever really loved. And wore. Before I knew anything about denim, 4-5 years wear, frequent washes, I doubt they were even raw denim.

Wube6.jpg?1

737qr.jpg?1

aSmQK.jpg?1

They're a 514 cut, I can take them down if it's not appropriate 'cause they're not raw... I still wear them for working on the car.

that's not necessarily true...I've recently seen rigid 506 jackets labeled as "made in usa"

When I last checked, the 557 was made in Turkey, and the 506/7 were made in the US, I believe that includes the latest production - but there have been Turkish 506 in the past.

I found a pair of 1937 201xx (i think) at a second hand shop today. They were in decent condition, not much wear but probably washed a few times, the denim was very soft and didn't look very interesting. Some tears and some ugly stains, but nothing major. I think the price was around 85€, which i think is far to expensive.

Im guessing these are the Valencia street made ones from late 90's, but i didn't look for the 555 stamp on the button. They were my size and i liked the fit, but the price kind of threw me off. What do you think would be a fair price for these? I know they are quite rare and all, but 85€ seems a little steep for any used jeans really.

I'm presuming these had the leather patch, in which case they're definitely Valencia (they're essentially the same as the 1937 501). That is a lot of dough - but those early (incorrect) 201 do fetch a premium price for some reason, often €200 plus for raw versions. I blame Eric Clapton. (Not just for liking those jeans. For everything)

I'm presuming these had the leather patch, in which case they're definitely Valencia (they're essentially the same as the 1937 501). That is a lot of dough - but those early (incorrect) 201 do fetch a premium price for some reason, often €200 plus for raw versions. I blame Eric Clapton. (Not just for liking those jeans. For everything)

Yeah, they had the leather patch, and judging by the strong smell of old basement, they have probably been lying around for a while. Might try to talk them down to 50 or 60€ then. Were these made in a one wash version? These had absolutely no whiskering or honeycombs, so i'm guessing they were either one-wash or maybe just washed early on by the previous owner.

And as for mr Clapton, you can't really blame god, can you?

well, if that price is worth it, it's not because they're inherently worth a lot - it's whether you like them! If the colour is a bit washed out, it's debatable whether they'll ever look good, so I'd value them much as you would other jeans. Personally, I'd rather have a good, dark pair of the 1937 501, than a washed-out 1937 '201', even if the latter is rarer. But, your call...

Edited by Paul T

that's not necessarily true...I've recently seen rigid 506 jackets labeled as "made in usa"

not sure if they have more than one plant making them, or if they moved production back in 2010 or 2011. I have a 506XX new enough to have the white tag at the neck (post 2009?) and it's Made in Turkey. I wouldn't let where it's made keep my from buying one though. great jackets!

Edited by setterman