Levi's Vintage Clothing

Bought the 1920's chinos today. I'm almost always a 30x32 (in LVC 505 1967, for example), but I got these in a 28x34, which is slightly tight in the waist, but I expect them to stretch a little. The length is quite short, about the same as my 30x32 505's, but the sewn cuff seems to be simple to rip, which will give them an extra inch. The fit is relaxed over the seat and thighs, but they taper very nicely for the last 20 cm or so, so the fit still feels modern. The waist is high; for me they end up just under the belly button. Fit pic:

http://imageshack.us...38/chinosq.jpg/

(Sufu won't let me embed the image, so here's a link)

I also tried on a pair of 1930's riders chinos. The seat was relaxed, but the legs were very slim, not too flattering on me. The pockets had some kind of flaps over them, apparently designed with motorcycle riders in mind. I can't seem to find any pictures of these, but they were pretty cool. Very Steve McQueen.

Edited by carlanton

Posted · Hidden by carlanton, March 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by carlanton, March 28, 2012 - No reason given

Bought the 1920's chinos today. I'm almost always a 30x32 (in LVC 505 1967, for example), but I got these in a 28x34, which is slightly tight in the waist, but I expect them to stretch a little. The length is quite short, about the same as my 30x32 505's, but the sewn cuff seems to be simple to rip, which will give them an extra inch. The fit is relaxed over the seat and thighs, but they taper very nicely for the last 20 cm or so the hem opening is quite narrow. The waist is high; for me they end up just under the belly button. Fit pic:

http://imageshack.us...38/chinosq.jpg/

(Sufu won't let me embed the image, so here's a link)

Jacket still seems a bit too big, soaked twice..might try doing a soak with boiled water and run the dryer..I mean, it's comfortable, sleeves a bit long.

Sh!t picture but you can see the cuff :P

OUSC0.jpg?1

i would let the sleeves be a little long. where they bunch up will form nice wear patterns. if you go for boiling water, it will be a mistake. i've done it twice with two prs of jeans. both times they came out a sickly blue color.

Jacket still seems a bit too big, soaked twice..might try doing a soak with boiled water and run the dryer..I mean, it's comfortable, sleeves a bit long.

Sh!t picture but you can see the cuff :P

Saw your other photo in the what are you wearing thread. A trip through the washing machine might shrink it a little more (no need for super hot water and the dryer), but not a ton. From where the shoulder seams are sitting, the jacket is a size too big.

if you really have to have max shrinkage,i would recommend a hot machine wash inside out/no soap & go ahead and put it in the dryer inside out. if there is any shrinkage left to be had that will bring it without ruining the color and only slight indigo loss (done once). glad to hear you're staying away from the boiling water it will ruin the denim and it will never recover. not content to learn that once i did it twice with the same result.

1930's riders pants. Slim fitting chinos with a loose seat. The fabric is a medium weight cotton twill, seemed durable enough. I liked the color and the details, but not the way the fit on me. Pics from Unionville, which is the only place I know that stocks them.

7389_2012263111529828222.jpg

7389_201226311154611086.jpg

€160 if anyones interested.

This lined duck chore coat has been mentioned before:

http://us.levi.com/p...=sack+coat&sr=1

levisduckcoat0.jpg

It's not LVC but Levis. Still it's made in the US and with the beautiful Cone Duck.

Unfortunately the lining is 80% polyester, only 10% wool and 10% some unnamed material. The sleeves are lined in acetate. But I guess that prevents early wear and tear.

It's been reduced from 498 to 199. A reasonable price for a high quality item made in the US.

It should get warmer soon but still a nice spring/autumn jacket.

Edited by indigoeagle

if im a 29 waist, what sz should i get for 1947's?

I'm a 32 and had to go with a 34 waist.

After a 45 minute warm soak the waist shrank to a tight 32 that has since stretched out to a perfect fit.

Hope that helps.