Levi's Vintage Clothing

Terrific interview Paul — was particularly happy to see some questions about the indigo. Even more of that would be nice if there is a part II.

Great jacket Setterman. I've never seen a nicer Levi's jacket.

Great stuff Setterman, that jacket of yours really does show the true nature of the denim should look after a good deal of wear. It looks like the 554 (stamped button-back) model?

Glad ya like it! It's a Turkish made, 192 button code. Picked it up a couple years ago when they popped back up on cultizm, but IIRC it's tag said it had been made back in 2007.

Glad ya like it! It's a Turkish made, 192 button code. Picked it up a couple years ago when they popped back up on cultizm, but IIRC it's tag said it had been made back in 2007.

Kudos to the turks then - looks great. I love that repro, but my 555 stamped sz 44" was just too small/short after washing, and the 48" waay too big. Shame they never made the m in a sz 46".

Mind you, I'd rather have one of those union-made early triple pleated blouses, but $500 is a little out of my league :(

Kudos to the turks then - looks great. I love that repro, but my 555 stamped sz 44" was just too small/short after washing, and the 48" waay too big. Shame they never made the m in a sz 46".

Mind you, I'd rather have one of those union-made early triple pleated blouses, but $500 is a little out of my league :(

Definitely one of my favorite pieces of LVC. made in Turkey, but i'm 99% sure it's the exact same Cone denim used in my 643 button code 1937s. And the way it's turning out has made me put my 37s into rotation.

Keep an eye out, even though it's a limited edition item, with that price tag I don't expect it to be a big seller, and wouldn't be surprised to see that triple blouse on clearance by late summer.

Definitely one of my favorite pieces of LVC. made in Turkey, but i'm 99% sure it's the exact same Cone denim used in my 643 button code 1937s. And the way it's turning out has made me put my 37s into rotation.

Keep an eye out, even though it's a limited edition item, with that price tag I don't expect it to be a big seller, and wouldn't be surprised to see that triple blouse on clearance by late summer.

Thanks for the positive reinforcement Mike.

Unfortunately all the size XL have sold out anyway. It's a bit of a dream really, would have to sell the rest of the 555 stuff and still probably get it tailored to fit the waist a little (46" waist at a back length of 23.5 would look weird IMO, as my waist is only 34).

Anyway, back to reality.

Edited by Dr_Heech

those look great Daniel. I have a pair in my denim box, I hope they are small enough...

Just added the roundup of the new LVC season at loomstate.

A good range of dry denim for the fall, too, including the return of the 201. A lot of that XX stuff turns out to be bullshit.

Incidentally, heard elsewhere new boss of Levi's comes from Proctor and Gamble. Oh well...

Edited by Paul T

Thanks for the positive reinforcement Mike.

Unfortunately all the size XL have sold out anyway. It's a bit of a dream really, would have to sell the rest of the 555 stuff and still probably get it tailored to fit the waist a little (46" waist at a back length of 23.5 would look weird IMO.

Anyway, back to reality.

You think you'd need an XL? My XL 506 started out at 52" in the chest, I just assume the triple pleat jackets are over sized too.

You think you'd need an XL? My XL 506 started out at 52" in the chest, I just assume the triple pleat jackets are over sized too.

Unionmade give the measurements for each size, so the sleeve, chest and back length would be inadequate.

Shame they dont do a 'long' variant ala buzz rickson william gibson.

Edited by Dr_Heech

awesome stuff, by the way found this on the net from a denish blog, on the bread and butter stand of LVC, nice pics and some great pieses to hit us again. loved the last season, cant wait for the womens line. by the way does not fit in here exactly but got the warehouse 1920s lee jeans yesterday in the mail. have to post pics, they come with levis style arcs, really great!!!

here is the link

http://denimhunter.dk/blog/news/levisxxbbbaw12

Edited by fardin

awesome stuff, by the way found this on the net from a denish blog, on the bread and butter stand of LVC, nice pics and some great pieses to hit us again. loved the last season, cant wait for the womens line. by the way does not fit in here exactly but got the warehouse 1920s lee jeans yesterday in the mail. have to post pics, they come with levis style arcs, really great!!!

Looking forward to that Fardin!

here is the link

http://denimhunter.d.../levisxxbbbaw12

Just saw the 66's on one of the pages there, makes me want to start on a fresh pair

those look great Daniel. I have a pair in my denim box, I hope they are small enough...

Just added the roundup of the new LVC season at loomstate.

A good range of dry denim for the fall, too, including the return of the 201. A lot of that XX stuff turns out to be bullshit.

Incidentally, heard elsewhere new boss of Levi's comes from Proctor and Gamble. Oh well...

Lovely blog entry, Paul. Good to see some very nice new items in the coming season. Did you notice if there was any larger presence of made in China items?

Nice deadstock pair BF, judging by the double stitch waistband, small 'e' and the 1966 flasher - they look like mine.

These are from the late '70's (actually '78-'81)

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

Mighty Fine and very valuable pair of jeans you have there Dr! Redlines have got very expensive in the past year or so!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320821414971?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT#ht_6733wt_1129

Lovely blog entry, Paul. Good to see some very nice new items in the coming season. Did you notice if there was any larger presence of made in China items?

Nothing that I looked at. Just about all the washed stuff was Portuguese, the nicer pullovers etc were US, as of course is the dry stuff, leather jackets from Italy. It's just RRL who seem to charge £300 plus for Made In China items. There's a metaphor there somewhere...

Mighty Fine and very valuable pair of jeans you have there Dr! Redlines have got very expensive in the past year or so!

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_6733wt_1129

Yeah, there's been half a dozen pairs or so going for around this price. Although in my mind, they're not vintage - I suppose I am not suprised at the increasing value.

I wont be selling these, as I sold too much of what I've loved in the past, denim-wise. I only sell what doesn't fit

Plus they came to me via a friend, and If I didn't wear them at somepoint, I would let him down.

p.s. BGB - please check your pm's! :)

Edited by Dr_Heech

<ul>

<li>

I bought on of those exact same (original) totes for my ex-wife, shame I never took any pics.
</li>

</ul>

<p>I've got one.  Unless they did some variants, LVC has screwed the details on this one too.  It'll be a bit before I can post some pictures, but off the top of my head, the red strap attaches to the outside on the ends, and there is a copper snap at the top that faces front. </p>