Levi's Vintage Clothing

I have a new pair of levis Vintage 501xx 1947 STF 33/32. Actual measurements are 16.25" across waist band and 32.5" inseam. Does anyone know how to achieve max shrinkage in the waist but also the minimum shrinkage in length? Ideally after a soak I would like 15.25" across waist band and a 30.5" inseam but definitely no shorter than 30".

Edited by lunarorbit

Yesterday I saw "The curious case of Benjamin Button" on TV again. I bet Brad Pitt wears a lot of LVC in this movie (Jeans, Shirts and the Shawl Collar Cardigan e.g.), uh, and a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers.

I really enjoyed that movie. I think it's time to give it another go.

LN-CC are pleased to offer an extra 20% off our current reductions on all Autumn / Winter '11 sale stock. To claim this further discount, just enter the code: JAN20 at checkout.

pisses me off a bit since i still haven't received my jeans that i ordered more than a week ago and they still have my size...

Just received a new pair of 47s from Cultizm; seeing some oddities and wondering if these are changes in current stock or old stock I haven't seen before. (One would think--hope?--LVC would leave a standard like the 47 alone,) My other 47s have had copper shanks on the buttons; the new ones are all zinc. The back pockets are also larger (look to be considerably longer) than previous 47s. Finally, these are loaded (I mean really loaded) with starch.

Thoughts?

Just received a new pair of 47s from Cultizm; seeing some oddities and wondering if these are changes in current stock or old stock I haven't seen before. (One would think--hope?--LVC would leave a standard like the 47 alone,) My other 47s have had copper shanks on the buttons; the new ones are all zinc. The back pockets are also larger (look to be considerably longer) than previous 47s. Finally, these are loaded (I mean really loaded) with starch.

Thoughts?

lets see some pics. from my recent experience ( 2010 1955s, 2009 1915s pre xx ) the hardware has appeared kinda shotty since XX. the buttons looked super shiney. like chrome. then they got really rusty after a soak. All my other LVCs have had a matte finish on the buttons and never rusted. I don't know what that means, I don't even know what they should be made out of for authenticity. Also, the shanks are all zinc.

the 47's have changed. the back pockets are bigger and the cut in the thighs is a little looser than it was. they now have the silly logo on the pocket bags and the hardware does seem different.

i just ordered a '47 from ln-cc. lvc needs to focus on accuracy rather than quantity of products.

i can't argue with that. that is my gripe with LVC; fits that are all over the place, varying degrees of authenticity, denim quality varies depending on year of mfg and model, varying quality of hardware. when it all comes together it is great, but it's almost like panning for gold and sometimes you get made sorry. i wish Levis would focus on consistent fit and quality; it could only help sales.

i can't argue with that. that is my gripe with LVC; fits that are all over the place, varying degrees of authenticity, denim quality varies depending on year of mfg and model, varying quality of hardware. when it all comes together it is great, but it's almost like panning for gold and sometimes you get made sorry. i wish Levis would focus on consistent fit and quality; it could only help sales.

at least sugarcane is still doing what they do. someone needs to have a talky talk with lvc suits.

More from the S/S12 line, Via Tenue de Nîmes

levi039s-vintage-clothing-2012-springsummer-collection-preview-1.jpg

They say expect to see first batch of products coming the first week of January.

I like that moon rocket tee on the far right. Does anyone have one yet, or can anyone offer some sizing advice for lvc tees? I'm a medium in Sugar Cane button downs. Cultizm only has small, large, and XL. I wouldn't mind sizing up as long as the shirt doesn't drown me.

Never heard it put more succinctly.

the thing that chaps my ass is it's all so obvious. you don't need to hire a fashionista or a brilliant businessman to do these things; just make the damn things fit as tagged, make them as close to the originals as reasonably possible given the materials available, and make them decent quality.i strongly feel part of this is due to the fact that after valencia and san antonio closed levis contracted the mfg out to several factories. one would get started, then on to another. it should be obvious this model doesn't work long term; company pride and customer satisfaction would be enhanced if they made their own again. there is a reason they did so in the first place--control quality and to have a company that was more than just marketing and a label. there is no good reason why you can't make a $200 pair of jeans by your own in house operations and pay your folks a decent living wage. it would be good for the brand, the customers and society as a whole. i for one am sick of outsourcing--heritage brands have a lot to lose by this because it rips into the soul of the product that made them famous to begin with.

Yes. Sad to see some other heritage brands, like Filson, contracting some work out to overseas. Filson does make their core items in their own factories, at least.

The death knell for me with LVC was seeing those (ugly, even) knits pop up last season with Made in China tags.

Over.