Levi's Vintage Clothing

the levis stamped zippers came in the late 80s i believe. the patch looks fairly modern too - i'd say late 80s or early 90s. or even later.

nope 1984 was the year a lot of the the changes hit: 505) talon 42 to levis brand zipper, loss of chainstitching on the cuffs, loss of black flag pockets. 501) loss of selvage, loss of black flag pockets, loss of chainstitching. i know i was there; i lived in 501's and 505's as a teenager and noticed these changes right away. i can remember going to buy levis and pulling everything in my size and looking for the ones that had the old features to purchase. i didn't know a thing about vintage but could tell even then the new stuff looked cheap and not as cool.

^ thanks for the info, it is crazy too because the denim on these jeans still seems pretty hairy/quality compared to what is produced nowadays even on mid/lower end selvedge denim.

orange tab levis had great denim all through to the late 80's. they break in nice, very streaky grainy denim and quality. often orange tab denim looks superior to red tab from the same era.

i just looked at your photos; those o/t 505's date to 84-86. not the pinnacle but better than the majority of jeans out there; i have always thought vintage orange tabs were a bargain in an already price inflated market and are much nicer than some realize. they always seem to fly under the radar unless they have a big e but the denim quality alone makes them worth while.

'55 sawtooth arrived from Mr Porter today, it is the raw version, not the rinsed version that advertised on their site. Fits good, but is trim and can't really afford to lose more than a 1/2 inch anywhere. It's listed on the unionmade site at being sanforized. I still expect some shrinkage though. Anyone familiar with how much these things shrink up?

i spoke to a lady from levis sf today who returned my call about the ill fitting 44's. we talked awhile and i conveyed my concerns about the fit being all over the place. she said i'm listening speak your mind; so here is what i suggested although i probably won't mean much: 1) make the models tagged size raw and stick to the original fit of the year you're trying to copy and stay consistent with fit. 2) eliminate the washed models and focus on offering made in USA raw models below $200 retail. 3) train customer service on LVC so they know it's out there and are familiar with the product.****anyway i'm just one person who buys them like anyone else but maybe it'll do some good.

TB go troll somewhere else. i've read your posts for at least a year, you have contributed NOTHING to this board but crass remarks. i for one i'm tired of it. do i really HAVE to hit the ignore button or could i convince you to have enough emotional maturity to think before you reply on this board.

setterman, i washed mine just too stiff to wear otherwise. i did regular cycle cold wash, tumble dry high and didn't notice any shrinkage. it still fits good so you should be alright.

Thanks for the info. gave it a cold soak and hung up to dry. measured before and after and no shrinkage. Definitely softened up. couldn't imagine wearing that thing raw.

'55 sawtooth arrived from Mr Porter today, it is the raw version, not the rinsed version that advertised on their site. Fits good, but is trim and can't really afford to lose more than a 1/2 inch anywhere. It's listed on the unionmade site at being sanforized. I still expect some shrinkage though. Anyone familiar with how much these things shrink up?

Was it the sawtooth advertised at 70% off? Short length in the pictures? I haven't got mine yet. You said you received a raw version?! I'd prefer if it was anyway...

Was it the sawtooth advertised at 70% off? Short length in the pictures? I haven't got mine yet. You said you received a raw version?! I'd prefer if it was anyway...

yep. 70% off, and advertised as rinsed, but it's the standard raw version.

Hi, Just received a new pair of levis Vintage 501xx 1947 Rigid STF Jeans in size 32/34. They fit quite comfortably around the waist with just enough room for my fingers and thumb. This would be the ideal fit after the shrinkage and stretch back. Can anyone advise if I have the correct size or if I should size up?

i spoke to a lady from levis sf today who returned my call about the ill fitting 44's. we talked awhile and i conveyed my concerns about the fit being all over the place. she said i'm listening speak your mind; so here is what i suggested although i probably won't mean much: 1) make the models tagged size raw and stick to the original fit of the year you're trying to copy and stay consistent with fit. 2) eliminate the washed models and focus on offering made in USA raw models below $200 retail. 3) train customer service on LVC so they know it's out there and are familiar with the product.****anyway i'm just one person who buys them like anyone else but maybe it'll do some good.

who buys those relic'd washes anyway? just put out a model for every decade including the oldest. it's nice that they listened, but marketers have **** for brains. i might have to try out some cane 1947 type-ii to gauge boutique quality

sounds to me like it should work out if you cold wash them...

Hi, Just received a new pair of levis Vintage 501xx 1947 Rigid STF Jeans in size 32/34. They fit quite comfortably around the waist with just enough room for my fingers and thumb. This would be the ideal fit after the shrinkage and stretch back. Can anyone advise if I have the correct size or if I should size up?

I sized the same way and although they were quite tight at first, they stretched considerably after several days of wear. However, the rest of the jean shrunk as well. So, if you're looking for a relaxed fit, as I've read they're intended to be, you'd de better to size up.

My fav is my 1905 209 coveralls. They are rare an I could only get them in pre aged.

Also really like my 1911 333s They did a great job of agimg on both. I also had a pair of those 1906 201s that were decent to. They were just a little small on me so I sold them.

Heres the 333s

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

and the 209 coveralls

IMG_8721.jpg

IMG_8732.jpg

IMG_8730.jpg

IMG_8722.jpg

IMG_8708.jpg

IMG_8709.jpg