Levi's Vintage Clothing

hm, well they're comfy enough, but i wouldn't want the waist any tighter tbh. think i'll probably give them a crack anyway & sell them on if it doesn't work. maybe it'll encourage me to eat less pies.

If you don't like to wear jeans during the soak or after when it's damp, you can always chuck a hanger in the waist to minimize shrinkage. I tried it w my Samurai and worked great. I should've done the same with my 47 but I sized up and they fit too loose overall. If you like them to fit slim, I'd say stick with the snug waist when raw.

Btw, what size did you get?

hm, well they're comfy enough, but i wouldn't want the waist any tighter tbh. think i'll probably give them a crack anyway & sell them on if it doesn't work. maybe it'll encourage me to eat less pies.

The thighs are very unforgiving on the 47's IIRC, but the waist can stretch out a little.

more likely a 36, rarely do you see a 34. i have seen 34's by lee but not levis (that's not to say they didn't make them, i've just never seen one) btw the font looks like LVC to me rather than original big e.

You were right, it's 18'' pit to pit so 36.

A nice overcast day so snapped some pictures:

tumblr_lub69rtNLi1r5avir

tumblr_lub69rtNLi1r5avir

tumblr_lub69rtNLi1r5avir

tumblr_lub69rtNLi1r5avir

tumblr_lub69rtNLi1r5avir

Jody didn't know what she was giving away :D.

how much does the 47 shrink? my true size is 29 but im afraid 30 gonna be too loose for me

Depends on the season imo. I bought my 47's from tts (TAGGED size, they run one inch bigger waistwise) from the 09 season. They've shrunk a lot but fit perfect after back strtetching- if you prefer a slim fit like I do.

it now appears to me each individual post gets rep as opposed to the individual themselves. who thought that was a good idea? i don't see a supercontrol button on my screen either. maybe i'll warm up to this new format (doubt it though) since i hate drastic changes like this, but so far i give a big thumbs down.

this may have been mentioned in here..but are the made in USA levis (the ones online) same as the 501xx 1947 now? how come the tags dont have the xx?

Not an expert, but there are still some historical differences apparent - the ones online are missing the back pocket rivets, have small E tab, likely a different cut, etc.

this may have been mentioned in here..but are the made in USA levis (the ones online) same as the 501xx 1947 now? how come the tags dont have the xx?

No. Those are simply modern 501 made in the US with Cone denim. They doesn't not resemble the LVC 1947 501, although they cost as much as a pair of LVC at full price. (But the Levis webstore has rather generous promotion code very often).