Levi's Vintage Clothing

I stopped into the Levi's Vault exhibit last week and they had redone their wall display- its a series of Levi's women's clothing from over the years. A couple of pieces were really interesting:

6269240027_209778a81c_b.jpg

6269766520_5ebabff0d1_b.jpg

6269766646_66969ba9c4_o.jpg

6269240327_561dfe8b71_o.jpg

In 2000 LVC put out a men's jacket that looks to be from this same line:

6269240599_e46d68c1e2_o.jpg

This was good too:

6269240503_40a76b56c8_b.jpg

I've gotten some messages asking about selling these. They are for sale. Make an offer, and I'll pass it on. I really don't know what they're worth, so any input on that would be appreciated. He plans on listing them on eBay, but if I could sell here that would be better, in my opinion.

Here are the measurements of these:

38x34 501Z

Waist: 18.25

Thigh: 13.375

Knee: 10

Front Rise: 12.25

Rear Rise: 16.5

Inseam: 31

Leg Opening: 9.125

My friend found a pair of 501Z's at the local Goodwill. There are no tags inside, and no stamp on the inner top button. I can't tell when these are from, but they seem like they're old. The patch on the back is cardboard like, and very hard/brittle feeling. They're selvage, and seem rarely worn.

Zipper says "Gripper Zipper" on it.

Any thoughts?

767cf9e7.jpg

52a249d8-1-1.jpg

c55efcc2.jpg

de6cc643.jpg

24e6a552.jpg

ce761be2.jpg

861057c2.jpg

These 44's measure closer to what I would expect. The previous pair of 36x36 1944's I bought, and sold (new with tags) were huge... They measured about 19.5" raw in the waist. They were way too big. LVC's sizing definitely seems whimsical. :)

Here are the raw and post soak measurements of my 1944's:

Raw Measurements

Waist: 18.75

Huh, that's smaller than I expected. I'm kinda in between the current 36 and 38. Thanks for the numbers!

very nice pick up... almost too nice looking to wear with jeans.

What! No such thing.

Crownzip- I got a medium, and am 6' with a 40" chest. I tried on a small, and while it went on okay and fits well enough in the body, the sleeves were a bit short and the shoulder seams rode up too far.

I wish it were made in the USA too. While I was out the other day I had the chance to see some Engineered Garments pieces that looked amazing- I believe they are all made in NY, and their prices were similar to LVCs. Also saw a bunch of RRL stuff- every single piece was made in China. Probably not any lesser quality, but Made in China just grates on the nerves these days, doesn't it? Not that Turkey or Portugal is necessarily any less exploitive.

Of course, I'm typing on my Mac keyboard, so maybe I should just shut up.

haha, yeah i'm typing on a mac as well. anyhow, the jacket fits and looks great.

yeah, it's a real disappointment to see almost everything's made in china that rrl sells.

have you ever seen post o'alls workwear? i've got a couple of their old workshirts and chore jackets that have in nyc on the label. back in the day takeshi was making his stuff in brooklyn but these days i hear he's in jersey.

yeah...i've found that other brands/labels (EG, Post O'Alls, etc.), while not possessing the heritage of Levi's, make some pretty nice workwear-inspired clothing while still keeping production here in the US;

I can only afford when drastically marked down, but their prices are essentially on par with current LVC prices.

is anyone else besides me bothered by why lvc decided to make a website updating it with new products ,but does not plan on making an online shop?

I believe they want to focus on having a shop presence. I don't entirely agree with it, but at least now that there's a website showing the entire line, you know what to look for. would be easier if you could just buy direct from LVC, but then there probably wouldn't be any incentive for any of the stores, other than the Levis stores, to stock LVC.

I believe they want to focus on having a shop presence. I don't entirely agree with it, but at least now that there's a website showing the entire line, you know what to look for. would be easier if you could just buy direct from LVC, but then there probably wouldn't be any incentive for any of the stores, other than the Levis stores, to stock LVC.

i mostly grab LVC only when there are good online deals like VAT refunds/discount codes/free shipping etc. i can't imagine if they decide to stock everything on the online website, which will then discourage retailers online to not carry it. they would also invariably have more control over the market price. im a cheapskate.

Has anyone seen "The One I Love" 1947 or 1944 wash up close? Does anyone also know any online stockists of the 1944 version?

Color is radically different between the two websites.

http://www.hanon-shop.com/levi-1944-501-jeans-one-i-love.html

http://shop.moonlightgraham.net/LVC4450100620.html

Has anyone seen "The One I Love" 1947 or 1944 wash up close? Does anyone also know any online stockists of the 1944 version?

I posted the 47's a little while ago.. the wash is quite nice, there might be some kind of resin coat on them cuz they feel a lot stiffer than my other raw lvc's so basically a nice broken in jean that'll fit right into the cooler months rotation ..

Roy6

You've had a little sort out through you're (vast) jacket collection?

It's good to have a purge now and again.

How come you're selling the Lvc A-1 style 30's jacket ?

It's a little big on me, and you know how I get about that sort of thing.

It is nice to purge every now and then, isn't it? My closet rod is thanking me. :)

^Damn, that looks nice. I have always wanted one from them. Are they the ones that made an A-1 version in a olive green leather?

I don't know if John (goodwear) makes one in olive but the capeskin on mine is amazing.

I also have one of his 1939 Werber A-2s. A pair of 55s or 47s rock with this Werber as do the 33s..

IMG_5899.jpg

IMG_5902.jpg

IMG_5906.jpg

IMG_5905.jpg