Levi's Vintage Clothing

For '67 505 owners..

Does the inseam shrink after washing, even though the denim is preshrunk?

My pair (soon to be for sale, but not due to quality) did shrink a little. They are sanforized, but I have found even so, they shrunk a bit.

so is the main cause of those marks from stuff getting into the cuff (seeds, lint, etc.) and then being moved around when you walk... rubbing the fabric?

I try to clean out my cuff when ever I can for that reason, if it is. All my jeans have that. Luckily, I get them extra long so when they do finally shrink I still have an inch to two to cuff.

I think you're jeans are fine by the way...

I think it's from a strong crease being formed and the stiff fabric rubbing on itself. Is going to happen to any pair of jeans cuffed in the same place every day, but isn't really a problem unless it's like on my jeans where it eventually becomes exposed. I know the 44s aren't too bad, but it still pisses me off when I see it. Same thing is on my 37s (wore them raw for a little bit too) though it's no where near as bad as the 44s.

The wear to the indigo above the cuts is from wet foliage rubbing on them.

love the denim, color and the fit and hope to get another pair in the future. i think the 44 is one of LVC's best, if not their best model. congrats on your purchase!

Totally agree with you. And hey, what's so bad about your 44's? It's part of their individual progress. go on wearing them.

These are the 505s I'm selling, and as you can see by the measurements, they did shrink, a little anyhow. LVC 1967 505 from, I believe, season 2007 (See label). Size 36/34.

Measurements:

Waist: 35 inches

Inseam: 33.5

Pics:

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

Some shots of the new pullover from LVC. I bought this from the San Francisco shop. I will have to say the customer service there has gone downhill since Ben moved departments. I ordered this pullover shirt and the striped henley from them and they sent me 2 henleys not the pullover. I was very specific and they had the right one in there hand when I ordered but they still messed up. So I had to pay shipping to send their fuck up back and then shipping to get the right pullover sent to me which is a little fucked up, when it was there fault. I was also passed to like 3 different people on the phone. BEWARE WHEN SHOPPING FROM THEM.

www.banditphotographer.com

lcp.png

l.png

l2.png

l3.png

l4.png

l5.png

l6.png

they seem nice, but a bit spacey

Some shots of the new pullover from LVC. I bought this from the San Francisco shop. I will have to say the customer service there has gone downhill since Ben moved departments. I ordered this pullover shirt and the striped henley from them and they sent me 2 henleys not the pullover. I was very specific and they had the right one in there hand when I ordered but they still messed up. So I had to pay shipping to send their fuck up back and then shipping to get the right pullover sent to me which is a little fucked up, when it was there fault. I was also passed to like 3 different people on the phone. SO BEWARE WHEN SHOPPING FROM THEM.

www.banditphotographer.com

lcp.png

l.png

l2.png

l3.png

l4.png

l5.png

l6.png

Eltopo, I've dealt with Alex at the LVC shop and he was awesome! Very good service.

+1 on Alex, he's a good guy and very helpful. I think he might have a lot to deal with by himself now Ben isn't there. Hopefully the new folks will get better as they get more time there.

^Yep it is and quite honestly it shows too. I have now come to the conclusion that I won't buy any of the stuff made there unless it's drastically reduced in price. Turkish stuff doesn't have the quality of workmanship or the details I would expect from clothes in this price range. The items from Italy and Portugal are much nicer, IMO.

gonna ask in here before I make a thread, anyone want to buy a pair of virtually unworn 37's? (30x32 soaked once, worn a handful of time, no visible wear) let me know, gotta clear some room in the closet