Levi's Vintage Clothing

yeah that question was already on topic

BUT

from 9 to 12 oz is pretty much. Wouldn't that mean 3oz of increase, so 33% ?

Totally right but try to find that post...:rolleyes:

1937s are actually 10oz raw and not 9oz, whilst pre-1927 501s are 9oz, although both weights (according to Levi's) increase to 12oz post-wash!

Totally right again, I mixed it up. Thanks to josh mullen and setterman.

Who would pay 400 Dollars more to get a pre-shrunk 47 501 if the RAW costs 265 USD???

Besides being made in the US, this is pretty much like rough rinse version....i don't get it.

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p1431_Levi--180-s---Vintage-Clothing-1947-501-Jeans-Dry-Scraped.html

They look skinnier/more tapered than the raw 1947. Modified cut possibly? Or maybe just they way they fit the model?

As for the "light used look", all I see are the beginnings of combs and whiskers... with a soak and month of daily wear, you'd have more into a pair of raw jeans.

I really regret not getting the 201XX when they were available. Anyone know where I could get my hands on a pair 38W 36L?

Rivet Head, this might sound like an astoundingly stupid question, given that you've been completely specific about the size you're after, but what size do you actually wear? I have a pair of 36/34 201s that I bought from Cultizm a couple of years ago, which I was expecting to shrink a lot to a 34w with a hot soak, but the Japanese denim barely shrank at all, so I bought a pair of 34/34 and never returned the 36/34... so if you were looking for a pair of 38s that would shrink to a 36 waist and 34 inside leg, I might be able to help! Sorry, that sounds convoluted, but that's what you get when I post 'in the evening'... Obviously I can give you specific post-soak measurements if you need them.

those must be from the late 1940s or very early 1950s because the trademark ® doesn´t show up here...

Not strictly related to LVC as such, but can anyone help me out on info for this.

A friend picked it up at a car boot sale a few years back. We're assuming it's a shop display and from the early 70's. Anyone able to offer any insight?

212592.jpg

bought a 47 501s and did a single hot soak and hang dry, was wondering if that was enough to get full shrinkage?

my first LVC and cone denim :)

no, agitation from a washing machine will shrink it more esp. lengthwise. after 2-3 washes the shrinkage will be gone. it'll mainly shrink in length, the top block will stretch back out once worn awhile.

bought a 47 501s and did a single hot soak and hang dry, was wondering if that was enough to get full shrinkage?

my first LVC and cone denim :)

When you've had 3" of inseam shrinkage, they're done. I've never had it take more than three trips through the washer for LVC to reach their smallest point. Usually it's just two. Cold or warm, I've never found water temp to be a factor.

that coat does look good, i can only imagine what it costs though. the thing is you can buy a vintage woolrich 503 and almost the exact same look and more function for about $100 or so. there are still a lot of 40's-50's era 503's out there at good prices. http://www.vintagetrends.com/vintage/thumbnails.asp?MC=Vintage&CA=men&SC=jackets%2Fcoats&ST=Hunting