Levi's Vintage Clothing

those aren't jeans in the accepted sense they are ranch pants made of denim. look at the belt loops. plenty of ranchmen around here wear a similar man's model made in khaki with those style belt loops. i'd like some myself but all i find are poly/cotton blend models.

Hey guys, the stitching on the backpocket of my 1947 501xx was frayed and parts of it was missing so I decided to have at it and remove all of the stitching. I got done with the top of one arch and I don't think it's looks as good as it did before and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions.

They've been worn for only 4 months, no wash.

those aren't jeans in the accepted sense they are ranch pants made of denim. look at the belt loops. plenty of ranchmen around here wear a similar man's model made in khaki with those style belt loops. i'd like some myself but all i find are poly/cotton blend models.

Thanks Colgems for the info

if you're spreading the word/practicing evangelism shouldn't you be giving it away?

Well then, if Paul doesn't mind, I'll make some photocopies and distribute to anyone who PM's me their needs!

(..and Mr.T, no room in my poxy flat to display anything but washing!)

Well then, if Paul doesn't mind, I'll make some photocopies and distribute to anyone who PM's me their needs!

PM sent.

10 char

what a great idea! i'm sure PaulT wouldn't mind. would you Paul?

in fact this could be the start of a new religion. we could equip missionaries in 55' 501's to knock on peoples doors, tell them their denim looks bad and offer to show the the light, with the help of Paul's book.

Every home should have two copies, one for reading, one for display!

My copy is actually a leatherette video case designed to look like a book to make me appear more intelligent to visiting Jehovah's Witnesses.

I know this is technically a 'Small Question', but I guess it's better to post it here:

Are '55 sawtooth shirts supposed to have a red tab at the left hand pocket or not? I've seen pictures of them with and without and I just received one from Cultizm that doesn't have it.

Any explanation? :-)

I know this is technically a 'Small Question', but I guess it's better to post it here:

Are '55 sawtooth shirts supposed to have a red tab at the left hand pocket or not? I've seen pictures of them with and without and I just received one from Cultizm that doesn't have it.

Any explanation? :-)

The ones made in the old Valencia street factory ('96-'02) which had the Denim family label had a red tab, although I think the originals never did.

The last couple of reissues have the Shorthorn label and no red tab, which AFAIK is correct.

The ones made in the old Valencia street factory ('96-'02) which had the Denim family label had a red tab, although I think the originals never did.

The last couple of reissues have the Shorthorn label and no red tab, which AFAIK is correct.

Ok, thanks m8!

mine also don't have it. I think it's right if it comes without it. so you bought finally the XL? :)

I did, it fits nicely, it's a beautiful shirt. :-)

Interesting that the LVC 44's I've got have 4 fly buttons and those only have 3. Also a narrower selvedge than those. I wonder if Levis will end up buying them or if they are not 'historic' enough for them.

Historically, anything in a 501xx with a waist 30" or smaller, have only three buttons. Sizes above 38" generally have five buttons.

Early levis (1800's - 1920ish) have only three buttons.

Those are beauts, thanks for posting the link.