Levi's Vintage Clothing

Found this First Pleated-Front Blouse today while thrifting:

5068806525_1e8f3dc436_o.jpg

$38! (or about 23 pounds).

It's marked large, and I thought that these were sold raw and distressed, and so that a large would have shrunk to fit a medium, but this looks like a solid large (or even xl), so doesn't fit me. Probably it will fit Mr.6, if not, maybe to the Supermarket at some point. For the meantime I'm just enjoying looking at it.

A real piece of art. Maybe I'll just hang it on the wall.

Hey guys, I just bought a pair of 1947 501xx from Barney's for $99. I was just wondering what would happen if I didn't shrink them at all (no initial wash/soak)? I am still working on my 514 Japanese Selvedge and won't start wearing the 501s until 5 months later but was hoping to get info on them. Also, how can I tell if they are raw or one-washed? I think they're raw but they don't feel as cardboard stiff as my 514 Selvedge did new.

Hey guys, I just bought a pair of 1947 501xx from Barney's for $99. I was just wondering what would happen if I didn't shrink them at all (no initial wash/soak)? I am still working on my 514 Japanese Selvedge and won't start wearing the 501s until 5 months later but was hoping to get info on them. Also, how can I tell if they are raw or one-washed? I think they're raw but they don't feel as cardboard stiff as my 514 Selvedge did new.

I don't think LVC does a "one-wash" version of their jeans. If they wash them, then they add all the fading and stuff.

I usually go months without a soak. I always try to get about 6 months in wearing'm raw. I say do it. I've found I get crisper more contrasty fades without a soak.

I guess "one-wash" to me means: "went into the water for a bit and then was dried." That looks more like a hard wash of some sort. The top button all corroded and shit. Semantics.

If LVC starts making one wash models, it seems like it takes a lot of the mystique out of it.

Semantics is right. If you look at the detail photos on Lark and Superdenim, they're both the same jean, different name. I think "Rough Rinse" is the better word for it, given the hardware's corroded effect.

Yeah, STF has an element of danger to it that I like. I suppose if one intends to wear these one-wash pieces off the rack and never really wash them, they could turn out pretty nice.

Just a heads up although possibly a late pass...As many have noted in the thread so far, Barney's carries LVC (and have been for a at least a few months it seems?) and at least at mine they are given the same treatment of RRL products. I have handled the "one wash" 1947's in person and didn't even realize it was a 47 at first until I looked at the tag (mystique-less!) but to be honest I'm interested in the direction they are apparently heading (ala RRL). Not sure if it's all poetry worthy but I'm just excited to see this much exposure for the LVC brand around my parts...

has anyone noticed this new silkscreen thing on the inside of their pockets? I was wondering if it was a global addition or just for the japanese market. I can't say I like it...especially on a vintage reproduction.

47501-0117b2.jpg

the new bags look cool though. maybe that's why they're so expensive now.

My son , like myself from N Ireland , came back a couple of months ago from nearly a year at college in Denver . Before he want I gave him a pair of 47s to wear , they had just been soak shrunk but were just to small for me . He says he didnt wear them much as he is a sports/preppy dresser I suppose . However during his move to a new flat hthis week we came across these and he returned them to me . They actually fit me now , just , and dont look too bad ( i think he wore them more than he said ) but the question is do you wear the jeans your son wore for a year to college !!!!

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg