Levi's Vintage Clothing

So i have been looking for a good deal on a pair of LVC or even reg selvedge stf because i lost a lot of weight recenlty so my 1915s and 27s havent been worn lately as much as i would have liked so ive been on the hunt! I decided to look in a trendy resale shop and scored a pair of 1901s for $25! They appear as if they had been worn maybe a handfull of times, if even at all, then washed. They're kinda bland now but they are the absolute best fitting pair of stf's i had ever had....almost as if they were shunken to perfection for me.

Anyways, just wanted to share and speaking of sharing if anyone knows of a site i can find a steal on the web for some LVC's plz share.

Takeshi & ThinFinn- Thank you

Paul - Thanks for sharing. you're right about wearing these hard for the contrast t come out. I'm not planning on washing these for a year so that should do it.

I did a Cold soak on my jeans for 15 minutes. Water turned a bit brownish which was strange. minor shrinkage in the waist and an inch and a half on the length.

Post Soak

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

saw this on the bay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/LVC-LEVI-54-501-SELVAGE-JEANS-31-JAPANESE-VERSION-BIG-E-/220660739379?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item336067ad33#ht_500wt_1154

is there a difference between the '54 501 and '55 501? or they are essentially the same thing.

sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, thanks in advance.

54's are the only 501 model that come with Zip fly it call 501 ZXX

Looking for a LVC jean (selvage preferred) that is slim and tapered. Got plenty of jeans to trade if anyone has a pair up to trade. Looking for a waist somewhere between 16 and 16.5 across. Or if you know where I can purchase a pair, I'm game for that as well. PMs welcomed. Thanks gang.

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p125_Levi--180-s--Vintage-Clothing-Big-E-1966-501-Jeans-Rigid.html

1966 should be USD192.44 + 20(?) for shipping - shipping is lightning fast...seriously.

saw this on the bay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/LVC-LEVI-54-501-SELVAGE-JEANS-31-JAPANESE-VERSION-BIG-E-/220660739379?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item336067ad33#ht_500wt_1154

is there a difference between the '54 501 and '55 501? or they are essentially the same thing.

sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, thanks in advance.

Not a dumb qestion. The 54 not only has a zipper, it's a modified, modernised shape, much skinnier.

Christmas In A Submarine- thanks

Roy- I bought them not too loose to be honest. they had a little room in the waste, but not much. Paul helped me as he has owned them before.

I did a cold soak for 15 minutes. I usually don't hot soak my denim. they didn't shrink much in the waist. and luckily they came out good.

^ It is really a great fit on you Farhad - and a nice match with the Indy's! :)

What little free time I've had this week has been consumed with a construction project here at home. and my LVC47's have taken a beating:

fb0dac01.jpg

2f73b763.jpg

When I peeled them off to air out, the sun came out (of course :rolleyes: ), so the pics came out crappy & too contrasty..... I'll keep them going for a while yet before the next wash - as "project" pants! :)

10e9a083.jpg

11378404.jpg

Picked up a pair of '47 501s the other day plus the 30's vintage tee shirt.

I've never seen the full collection before, just the jeans. I picked the jeans and tee up at this shop Saturdays Surf NYC. Pretty cool, they carry a lot of the LVC line. 47 501s and 67 505s. They had a lot of the apparel, too (1920s chinos, 20s and 30s white and grey tees, 50s white tee, striped bay meadow tee, uh they had this cool navy tee with striped on the arms plus some of the l/s button down flannels..). I also saw this brand The Stronghold there. Has anyone heard of them? Supposedly, they've been around before levi's..

was doing some cleaning of closets and pulled out my lvc in anticipation of fall coming up, thought I would take some photos to keep me busy...

lvc 67s contest jeans(left) and lvc 44 drab wash(right)

lvc_sept_67_44.jpg

lvc 44 drab wash(left) and 47s it was bull punch or something(right)

lvc_44_47.jpg

and a better photo of 67s

lvc_sept.jpg

I fell off the planet for a few months but seeing these really got me stoked and thinking about one new raw pair for fall/winter/spring....

Picked up a pair of '47 501s the other day plus the 30's vintage tee shirt.

I've never seen the full collection before, just the jeans. I picked the jeans and tee up at this shop Saturdays Surf NYC. Pretty cool, they carry a lot of the LVC line. 47 501s and 67 505s. They had a lot of the apparel, too (1920s chinos, 20s and 30s white and grey tees, 50s white tee, striped bay meadow tee, uh they had this cool navy tee with striped on the arms plus some of the l/s button down flannels..). I also saw this brand The Stronghold there. Has anyone heard of them? Supposedly, they've been around before levi's..

The stronghold has been rebranded lately although their jeans are nice. I don't really like how low the rise is on much of their jeans. Also I don't believe the stronghold was around prior to levis. I thought they were more of a turn of the century company.

along the same lines as mifune's "open letter" i have thought a lot about how LVC fits into levi's overall brand and how it fits into this niche of "premium raw denim" or whatever we're calling it. LVC is a very limiting name as it implies reproduction. for that reason alone, i think the XX division is an exciting development for levi's.

501 is just as valuable a trademark as the levi's name. in my mind, it conjures a quintessential image of blue jeans. no nonsense. no frills. quality. i personally don't need my jeans to have a date attached to them. i buy LVC over regular STF's mostly because of the quality of the denim, and somewhat for the fits. that said, i've had some $30 STFs that fit pretty great.

i don't give a poop about 21oz denim. it strikes me as a gimmick and it seems totally excessive. plus i don't believe there's any inherent correlation between weight and quality. i wouldn't want anything heavier than my 19oz samurais, and i doubt i'll even buy anything that heavy again. there are a lot of barriers to levi's offering heavier weighted denim, and i don't think that's a lucrative path for them to follow.

i do, however, think it would be interesting for the XX division to develop a new 501 cut every so often. levi's has done this throughout its history - why stop now? a standard cut that reflects the general "style of the times" and is offered as a cone mills selvedge, made in USA model.

this would have the added advantage of relieving their need to "update" or "modernize" historic cuts like the 47s. like i said - i don't need a date on my jeans. i just want a cut that i like (is regular - not skin tight, not baggy) and has quality denim.

50 years from now, LVC could reproduce the "2010 501" and if i'm still around, i can dress in the style of my youth!

Random thought...but there's just something about Levi's....Despite all the pairs from repro brands that I have, I'm yearning to wear a good old pair of real, down to earth Levi's...Maybe time to invest in a new LVC (55's or 44's?) or just break out some unworn old STF's for fun on the side...

Anyone else ever feel this way?

along the same lines as mifune's "open letter" i have thought a lot about how LVC fits into levi's overall brand and how it fits into this niche of "premium raw denim" or whatever we're calling it. LVC is a very limiting name as it implies reproduction. for that reason alone, i think the XX division is an exciting development for levi's.

501 is just as valuable a trademark as the levi's name. in my mind, it conjures a quintessential image of blue jeans. no nonsense. no frills. quality. i personally don't need my jeans to have a date attached to them. i buy LVC over regular STF's mostly because of the quality of the denim, and somewhat for the fits. that said, i've had some $30 STFs that fit pretty great.

i don't give a poop about 21oz denim. it strikes me as a gimmick and it seems totally excessive. plus i don't believe there's any inherent correlation between weight and quality. i wouldn't want anything heavier than my 19oz samurais, and i doubt i'll even buy anything that heavy again. there are a lot of barriers to levi's offering heavier weighted denim, and i don't think that's a lucrative path for them to follow.

i do, however, think it would be interesting for the XX division to develop a new 501 cut every so often. levi's has done this throughout its history - why stop now? a standard cut that reflects the general "style of the times" and is offered as a cone mills selvedge, made in USA model.

this would have the added advantage of relieving their need to "update" or "modernize" historic cuts like the 47s. like i said - i don't need a date on my jeans. i just want a cut that i like (is regular - not skin tight, not baggy) and has quality denim.

50 years from now, LVC could reproduce the "2010 501" and if i'm still around, i can dress in the style of my youth!

I think Levis Japan did just that! A modern 501 but made of selvadge denim, I think I saw them on super rag(rakutan) it was a few years ago though, but you could have a look there!

Random thought...but there's just something about Levi's....Despite all the pairs from repro brands that I have, I'm yearning to wear a good old pair of real, down to earth Levi's...Maybe time to invest in a new LVC (55's or 44's?) or just break out some unworn old STF's for fun on the side...

Yeah, there are so many nice and good jeans, but nothing compares to the originals, right?

agreed, thats why i bought a pair of 44's last year but in the end after comparing the construction details to my japanese repro's, I felt quite disappointed...