Levi's Vintage Clothing

'47's are 12.5 oz

I thought the 47s were 13.75 oz. At least that's what I have been told.

The 551s i used to have felt like 14 oz and so far the heaviest LVC I have ever owned. They actually felt too heavy to me in some aspects because of the weather in Texas even in the winter. The 1944s I replaced them with feel much lighter weight but not as light as say..the 1901s I used to have. Those things were like khaki the were so light.

I think my LVC 47' 501xx are pretty comfortable as far as the texture of the jean,although the height of the rise is a bit much for me,im hoping theylll stretch so i can sag 'em.the only other denim i've really broken in is my rrds,which i thought were comfy all the way though....with a more desirable rise..

wow really nice stuff on that site ^^... i have to step my levi's game up

yeah there really is, those 55's are calling my name. Shame there aren't any like that made in the states, it hurts my national pride to have to buy Levis from another country sometimes

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/super-rag/427211/

japanese LVC site. They have the 505's deadstock, and the japanese ones are especially nice, as long as you aren't too tall (inseam=34+)

the 505's they have are pre-distressed. the 505 low-rise they have is unwashed, but the denim looks wacky, like the rest of the jeans in my opinion. Much worse than the 05 and earlier EU 505 67's.

No, low rise came into style in the late 1960s. I had a pair several pairs of those orange tag 646s on the early 70s. Low rise bell bottoms and thought they would NEVER come back in style. They'll be out of style again in a few years. One thing that has remained constant is the classic 501 though it has change a little with the trends though I doubt the 47s were as trim as LVC makes in their repros.

just get a 32, you'll be fine. just make sure you soak em on and they wont stretch too much. I sized down 2 inches and it wasnt really an issue. So yes, get a 32.

i'm a 31 and i bought a 32. It is fine with a soak and a belt, i wouldn't worry too much. The legs are still relatively slim so don't stress

I've done an extensive search and cant find an answer to this. My waist is 31" measured so which size do i get in 1947 raw : 33" or 32" waist ? If the answer is 33" does anyone know where i can get this "odd" size as i've looked everywhere. Thanks in advance

Not to throw some gas on the flame, but I measure a 31.5" waist, where my jeans are worn, and I bought a pair of 30s. With a warm soak, they shrank to be pretty snug, but after stretching out in a couple of days, they fit fabulous. I know many don't agree on here, but I am under the inpression that the lvcs also shrink to tagged size. Almost all the LVCs I have had (2 pairs of 47s) have shrunk to tagged size in the waist. I can't speak for the current year's models though.

No, low rise came into style in the late 1960s. I had a pair several pairs of those orange tag 646s on the early 70s. Low rise bell bottoms and thought they would NEVER come back in style. They'll be out of style again in a few years. One thing that has remained constant is the classic 501 though it has change a little with the trends though I doubt the 47s were as trim as LVC makes in their repros.

Considering the photos you post of your pants and yourself and that you have an XL waist and wear the baggiest LVC repro's, I think there needs to be some room for opinions besides yours on real post war 501's 'not being as trim as repro's'. They arent that trim if you are a reasonable weight and original levi's were definetly very slim to the point that the repros do not seem to be as fitted as originals. America got fatter and sometimes levi's did not.

dont get a 32 length unless you are short...the length on this season 47's seems to shrink a lot. I would try and find a 34 length if i were you. Too bad levis opted not to make a 36 this season........smh

really? i bought a 38 inseam, i figured there was a 36 too

Considering the photos you post of your pants and yourself and that you have an XL waist and wear the baggiest LVC repro's, I think there needs to be some room for opinions besides yours on real post war 501's 'not being as trim as repro's'. They arent that trim if you are a reasonable weight and original levi's were definetly very slim to the point that the repros do not seem to be as fitted as originals. America got fatter and sometimes levi's did not.

There is obviously room for opinion. This is a forum. Why would you have to comment on his size?

Finally,I found a pair of 37501....But I am not sure it's 37201 or 37501,could someone tell me ?

thank you

Here is the link:http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r28842881

I believe those were sold as 501s in 1937, but when LVC reissued them in '96, they designated them as 201s.

You might wait and see what airfrogusmc and Paul T have to say about it, though.

My dad does some sort of historic re-enactment thing for something he does for the community, and I wanted to get him a pair of repro jeans, preferably something a bit older looking than the '47's.

Which models will have both bucklebacks and the suspender buttons? I've only seen the 1886's, which look perfect for what I'm looking for, but I am not sure would be possible to even get. Japanese repros would much easier for me to get than LVC, are there any Japanese repro alternatives out there that could fit the bill?

My dad does some sort of historic re-enactment thing for something he does for the community, and I wanted to get him a pair of repro jeans, preferably something a bit older looking than the '47's.

Which models will have both bucklebacks and the suspender buttons? I've only seen the 1886's, which look perfect for what I'm looking for, but I am not sure would be possible to even get. Japanese repros would much easier for me to get than LVC, are there any Japanese repro alternatives out there that could fit the bill?

aeroleatherclothing.com is selling the 33 501s, which have both the bucklebacks and suspender buttons.

You could also look at Warehouse Duck Digger 1900s.