Levi's Vintage Clothing

I actually made it to the J.Crew release event at the Men's Store in Soho just a few days ago and snapped a few pictures with you cats in mind. The collection left me with a few impressions...1. Expensive. 2. The Sack Coat. 3. The 1937 501 jean. My ability to take pictures was limited, but here are some shots of the items mentioned above. I've included the text written on the description card of each.

so i was in the area and went by the j crew at 484 broadway to take a look at what they had.

they only had one type of raw LVC and it was the 505 i believe. it had a zipper for sure. all the rest of the stuff was pre-distressed and horrible.

i did hear something about them carrying alden shoes at a great price, however.

when i asked the staff if they would be getting in more raw stuff they had no idea.

I'm working in Berlin for 2 weeks now and saw the Levi Store buttenheim probably carries most pieces of the fall/winter 09 collection. Couldn't get in as it is Sunday but I will have a look at the store tommorow. So if you have questions about garments in this collection I could take a look.

so i was in the area and went by the j crew at 484 broadway to take a look at what they had.

they only had one type of raw LVC and it was the 505 i believe. it had a zipper for sure. all the rest of the stuff was pre-distressed and horrible.

i did hear something about them carrying alden shoes at a great price, however.

when i asked the staff if they would be getting in more raw stuff they had no idea.

they have 1-wash '47 501's in the front of the store. (maybe it's 55 or 66 or something, don't quote me on the year).

their alden shit is a rip off. 450 for indy boots, 450+ for calfskin wingtips. total rip, just go up to madison ave and get the real thing for the real price

general thoughts? how the denim is, how it compares to more common models like the '47 501, etc.

Well, it's sanforized, which is nice, although it did shrink when I soaked it - but only slightly.

The zipper is a nice touch, something different.

All things being equal, I'd probably rather pick up a pair of the 1966 501's, though. I prefer that cut.

Damn!! Since they're only being offered in L - XXL sizes, it looks like I won't be getting the 1915s. I guess that's the price I gotta pay for keeping in shape -- lol! You guys that have the privilege of getting a pair, be sure to post pics and reviews.....

Wait, what?

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p435_Levi-acute-s-reg--1915-XX501-CONE-MILLS-COLAB-RIGID.html

waist 32!

Damn!! Since they're only being offered in L - XXL sizes, it looks like I won't be getting the 1915s. I guess that's the price I gotta pay for keeping in shape -- lol! You guys that have the privilege of getting a pair, be sure to post pics and reviews.....

They have cinch backs and that can bring them tighter by over an inch. Also contact Dejan directly. He has found things for me that weren't on his site.

Got my 1915s today from dejan. They came with a nice LVC tote (which I gave to my boss because I already have two) and that same little stinky book with the LVC history stuff. There was a nice little extra hangtag with rivets at the top explaining the relationship between cone and levi's.

The denim is very nice and strangely reminds me a LOT of the thai fakes! I will post some photos when I get a chance.

Mine came today as well and first impressions are they ROCK. The denim is much different than whats on the 1917s and different than other cone LVCs I've owned. Dr H the front pocket bags are short in fact the entire jean seems to be almost the same as the 1917s in cut and design. My first impressions are very positive. These are really nice LVCs and I can't wait to start breaking in this really cool cone denim. I to will try and get some photos up later.

Today i've been to the levis store in Berlin where they have lvc. Lvc is downstairs and there was a glass door. I asked if I may go there and a staff member said 'no, there are the 200 euro plus clothes. It's only for persons working for levis ' I was shocked. They shouldn't wonder why they don't reach the customers. I didn't care and just thought: ********* I'm planing to go there again and ask if I look like I couldn't afford lvc.

I think she just didn't want me to go there thinking that I can't afford it. And on top of that I wore a 501xx '47.

Hi airfrogusmc

Do you have some sizing infos... because dejan says these are 2 sizes bigger than tagged...!? I'm usually go with a 34" in raw... any idea if I should downsize or regular? Thx!

One think I noticed is they seem to be a bit slimmer than the 17s in the hips and thighs. Could be because they are really stiff. I went with my normal size and they should be fine for me. They are two sizes over whats tagged but will probably shrink close to tagged size. So I'd size down. Email Dejan I'm sure he can give you some good advice.

Today i've been to the levis store in Berlin where they have lvc. Lvc is downstairs and there was a glass door. I asked if I may go there and a staff member said 'no, there are the 200 euro plus clothes. It's only for persons working for levis ' I was shocked. They shouldn't wonder why they don't reach the customers. I didn't care and just thought: ********* I'm planing to go there again and ask if I look like I couldn't afford lvc.

I think she just didn't want me to go there thinking that I can't afford it. And on top of that I wore a 501xx '47.

Lol, unbelieveable...I hope honestly they didn't sell anything from their LVC-Collection.

we're going to need to see a picture of you, dressed as you did during this encounter.

you looked like this, didn't you?

snuffx-dot-com-crazy-homeless-fucke.jpg

Determined to get the 1915 in my size, I did some digging. I contacted Levi's USA customer service and told that the LVC F/W 2009 line is currently only being offered in EU, Asia, Near East and N.Africa exclusively by the LS&CO Europe Division. The dude said, since the Levi's Europe Division is totally seperate from LevisUSA, he has no info about sizes or availability. However, he did tell me that LevisUSA will offer the same LVC F/W '09 collection including the 1915 in the US at Levi's stores sometime in early 2010. Having received false and /or inaccurate information from Levi's customer service in the past, I was skeptical. So I asked him if what he's telling me is something he heard or is it information that's official written corp. policy that he's looking at on his computer screen, and he said, yes it's written company policy. I then asked, so you're assuring me that the entire LVC F/W '09 collection including the 1915 will be available for purchase in the USA sometime in early 2010 guaranteed, and he said, yes definitely. Hmmm, I'll have to see it to believe it, but if it turns out to be more BS, I'm going to look like that dude picutred above by 'the_ming' and tell Levi's where they can put their LVCs and all of there other products....

Determined to get the 1915 in my size, I did some digging. I contacted Levi's USA customer service and told that the LVC F/W 2009 line is currently only being offered in EU, Asia, Near East and N.Africa exclusively by the LS&CO Europe Division. The dude said, since the Levi's Europe Division is totally seperate from LevisUSA, he has no info about sizes or availability. However, he did tell me that LevisUSA will offer the same LVC F/W '09 collection including the 1915 in the US at Levi's stores sometime in early 2010. Having received false and /or inaccurate information from Levi's customer service in the past, I was skeptical. So I asked him if what he's telling me is something he heard or is it information that's official written corp. policy that he's looking at on his computer screen, and he said, yes it's written company policy. I then asked, so you're assuring me that the entire LVC F/W '09 collection including the 1915 will be available for purchase in the USA sometime in early 2010 guaranteed, and he said, yes definitely. Hmmm, I'll have to see it to believe it, but if it turns out to be more BS, I'm going to look like that dude picutred above by 'the_ming' and tell Levi's where they can put their LVCs and all of there other products....

I'll believe it when I see it.

sounds promising though...

somebody snap these up! 555 valencia-produced brown duck overalls, size 34x38:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEVIS-VINTAGE-BESPOKE-JEANS-STRAIGHT-LEG-34-38-LEV-M748_W0QQitemZ290340835004QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMen_s_Clothes?hash=item4399a98ebc&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

TWENTY FOUR QUID! And accepting offers as well...

missed it by "that" much... my size too... too bad..