Levi's Vintage Clothing

newb question.

i just got another pair of 1947 lvcs, what should i do to break em in? hot soak wearing them, wash em in the washing machine, cold soak, etc.

hot soak for 2 hours. It wont get all the shrinking in the length out, but there wont be any indigo loss. thats what I do with all my LVCs.

the cone denim is very color fast, but not as much as some japanese brands. a hand wash would probably be ok *I mostly hand wash my LVCs anyways*

but I've never tried that as the initial shrinking factor.

good luck.

post pics.

Don't do what I did, I didn't measure until after I soaked. Now I don't have any reference when I ask for measurements on raw LVCs.

I agree, 2 hours of hot soak will get almost all the shrinkage out of the waist and most of it out of the length.

Kent

theyre a little tight around the waist if i may add.

crap, my luck again

I noticed too late that my pair of 44's tagged 30-34 on the leather patch and on the tag on the inside of my jeans, is in fact a size 30-32 as it shows on the paper tag attached on the outside of the jeans... I decided to take the plunge anyway and gave them a 40 degrees machine wash. Waist and inseam shrank 2" after wash. I was able to manually stretch the inseam 1" and although they are too short to wear them with a cuff I can still rock them.

Does anyone know where i can get a pair of 1955 raw in a 30/34 ? I've searched the net with no luck. I'm in the uk. Thanks !

I don't think the 1955 version is being produced this season. So it isn't that likely that any shops will be carrying them at the moment. My best bet would be eBay or maybe contacting Cultizm. Dejan can sometimes work wonders.

If you want the fit of the 1955, and could setle on the lack of details, you could buy the 1966, but go a size up. I compared my pair of 55's (34/34) vs my 66's (36/36) and they were completely indentical (I mean REALLY spot on). I don't know if this is a coincidence, bu it might be worth a shot.

I just have to post and tell everyone how happy I am with my '44's. The denim feels just perfect, and they exude something hoary and forgotten with their very peculiar blue hue (the denim on my '47's isn't even comparable, they felt a lot more frivolous). The fit is comfortable and sleek at the same time. Couldn't be better. I truly am exhilarated.

Hi guys, i will be going to LA on 30th June. Where can i get good lvc stuffs there, or good shopping area? currently looking for a apt to rent or place to stay for 4 person too... ...

Good luck. I can't find much in the LA area. You can check the Levis store in Santa Monica. If they have any it is only like the 47s and they would be picked over.

Hi guys, i will be going to LA on 30th June. Where can i get good lvc stuffs there, or good shopping area? currently looking for a apt to rent or place to stay for 4 person too... ...

Try American Rag / World Denim Bar on

150 S La Brea Ave Los Angeles, CA 90036 - (323) 935-3154

Open Mon-Sat 9am-5pm

http://www.professionaltravelguide.com/Destinations/Los-Angeles/See-and-Do/Shopping/Stores/Specialty-Stores/American-Rag-Cie-and-World-Denim-Bar-p1838555

They have an extensive collection of LVC, RRL and Nudies

All try "What Comes Around" on Cahuenga Blvd.

What Comes Around Goes Around - www.nyvintage.com

Ste 4, 1520 N Cahuenga Blvd, Los Angeles -

(323) 836-0252

Can anyone enlighten me as to why and who decided the 1947 cut is the "quintessential" 501 ? Personally i think they're one of the worst vintage cuts. For me the 1955 is a true vintage 501 cut and is way cooler than the 47. If i buy 47 true to size its too tight and if i size up the waist ends stretching out and the thighs baggy. Rant over

I think this is why. I don't know if this is an actual '47 but I think this kind of fit is generally considered "quintessential". Fitted without being what 's known around here as "the sufu fit" or the way girls liked their Jordash jeans back in my High School days. But I think this what they are going for with the '47.

c-192.jpeg?w=600&h=925

Nice, thanks! That whole blog entry is tops in my book.

Paul T will have to weigh in, but I'd bet those jeans are more like sized down 55's than 47's. He says the 55's make great skinny jeans if you size down; that is, wear your actual waist size and then STF them.

http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/2009/05/24/the-great-1950s-t-bucket-rod-rivalry/

BTW, this picture was taken in the mid to late 50s according to the article. You can tell that they were probably the paper tag version since the tag is all but gone and they have hidden rivets.

i've seen plenty of leather patch levi's that have disappeared. probably because the leather got brittle and fell off. cool blog.

My dad will be in be in San Francisco over the next few weeks. does anyone know how much the 47' 501 and the 67' 505 go for at the main flagship?

I don't think the flagship carries them anymore.