Levi's Vintage Clothing

I haven't seen many really nicely worn in LVCs, most are just like 6 months and one wash. Anyone holding on to any worn LVC pics?

37s especially!

all i have are LVC 47s. I just washed my first pair which are almost a year old now. maybe you'd like some pictures of those? I performed the worlds sheistiest crotch repair on the left side and over thanksgiving I created a new hole that needs repair. 37s are next on my list though.

I haven't seen many really nicely worn in LVCs, most are just like 6 months and one wash. Anyone holding on to any worn LVC pics?

37s especially!

ive got some 44's at about 6 months, ill post them up after I wash them around christmas, definetly one of my favourite pairs of jeans though

sure looks good, PaulT! what do you keep in your front pockets btw, they always look same same

THanks guys! (And Erk, yours look fab).

I don't keep anything in the same pocket in my jeans, but I do have a Muji aluminum card holder; I can see the square shape you must be talking about, I've never noticed it before. I do seem to get waer around the pocket bags now I think bout it, I guess it's down to that and my cellphone. Oh, and me hands, I do tend to keep them there.

No ironing hjj! Just random creases, probably from when it was stored after the first wash. Like you I like creases, reminds me of vintage. (and can anyone explain why I got plusrepped for these jeans and ended with less rep power or whatver the fck it is??)

^ to add to that, I think the 78s might be a little more tapered than the 66s, which sort of exaggerates the "carrot shape"

Yeah, that is what I am hoping for. I really want a pair with the good 70's-80's carrot fit. From pictures I have seen on Hanon, the fit looks spot-on, but I just want to be a 100% sure, before I purchase a pair.

So if someone has a pair and would be willing to post some pics, I would be more than grateful.

Great fades BTW.

The originals WERE very carrot shaped, they're really the definitive version of that shape.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=599612&postcount=4

I wasn't convinced by the repros I saw, although they were the samples (maybe the production version is better). They were oversized, with bigh thighs, so I think you would need to size down at the very least. Where do you plan to buy from?

thanks for all the rep and compliments, and paul, those pictures of your 47s in the 501 thread were what made me decide to get a pair.

yeah, I do intend to keep wearing these. Right now I'm rotating them with another pair of 47s, and I plan on adding some 37s to the rotation soon.

I would like the thighs on my 55's to be just a bit less loose (maybe .25-.5 inch if measured across the front of the thigh). Does anybody know if the thighs will tighten up (shrink) when they are eventually machine washed?

Also, does anybody know how the 47's compare in fit to APC rescues (mainly in the thighs)?

Thanks.

I would like the thighs on my 55's to be just a bit less loose (maybe .25-.5 inch if measured across the front of the thigh). Does anybody know if the thighs will tighten up (shrink) when they are eventually machine washed?

Also, does anybody know how the 47's compare in fit to APC rescues (mainly in the thighs)?

Thanks.

DO you mean from first soak? From raw, you should lose about 2/3 of an inch after the first wash. If they're soaked already, you would get around 1/4 inch max, assuming the thighs shrink in proportion to the waist.

As mentioned one zillion times on this thread and on the 501 visual guide, best to buy actual size in 1955 - the thighs will still be reasonably roomy and the waist will stretch back.

g

could any of you levi's buffs tell me what era my jacket is from? i'm guessing late 60's, but i just want to know for sure.

You guess is likely right, tho more likely 1970.

Hey Pomata, has your package arrived yet?

Does anyone know if Levi's is currently producing selvage denim? If so, how?

Levi's denim is still made by Cone in North Carolina, who've been supplying it to them since the 1920s; they pulled their old looms out of retirement about 20 years ago and supply all of LVC's redline denim. Some of their selvage denim, mostly for the reissues of 20s and earlier jeans, comes from Japanese companies, including Kurabo and Kaihara.

More info:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

Levi's denim is still made by Cone in North Carolina, who've been supplying it to them since the 1920s; they pulled their old looms out of retirement about 20 years ago and supply all of LVC's redline denim. Some of their selvage denim, mostly for the reissues of 20s and earlier jeans, comes from Japanese companies, including Kurabo and Kaihara.

More info:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

Hi Paul,my 506 jacket from last season is made in Turkey.Does that mean the denim is imported to europe where lvc is producing some stuff.

I guess it is the same denim they use on the 1933, light like 9oz,same selvageline.Do you know more?

I also thought LVC isnt made in the us anymore?

I have a pair of 47's approaching the 1 year mark, and wanted to start working on another pair of jeans. I'm looking for something a bit roomier in the thigh...my 47's are 34", and while they are perfect in the waist and knee, I'm wanting a bit more room in the thigh for my next pair.

Can someone recommend a year to me? I'm not a huge fan of the cinch, but was eyeing a pair of 33's. Would sizing down to a 33" waist be a good plan?