Levi's Vintage Clothing

And you shouldnt trust fitpics,how long you are standing in front of a mirror? Your body always move, i judge my jeans how they fit and feel on me.My Okinawas have a huge hipflare when i stand in front of a mirror,but they are so comfortable and wearing them feels just right.

Hey there, I want to cop a pair of 44's in the rigid pack I'm a 36 waist and so I should probably get a size 38 to account for shrinkage right?

Also what's the fit like on the 44's? I've heard they are a little wider than 47's buts thats okay as long as they aren't wide enough to swallow my sneakers.

Hey there, I want to cop a pair of 44's in the rigid pack I'm a 36 waist and so I should probably get a size 38 to account for shrinkage right?

Also what's the fit like on the 44's? I've heard they are a little wider than 47's buts thats okay as long as they aren't wide enough to swallow my sneakers.

im about a size 35 waist and i went for the 36's in the 44's and they fit awesome, im at about 6 months on them and the fit is perfect for me as I have pretty big thighs and like a more 50's boxy cut, the hem is a decent size and works with most sneakers ive found. Id say go with the 36, ive had a few other LVC's (201's,37's,47's) and these are by far my favourite fit wise, not too baggy not too slim

I was able to take a look at a buyer's book of LVC items for Spring 2009 in the U.S. So I assume it's not being phased out in the US.

I remember there being a 1966 501,1890 XX, 1937 501, and a weird "Lot 66" bib overall from the turn-of-the-century (not sure of the year), and a 20's sack coat. There were also some 1930's 501 women's coochie-cutter cutoffs with patches on the butt.

A friend at Levi's in the US told me they're going to be getting current Euro LVC until next season, since Taylor Togg's shut down.

Thanks...were all those jeans "washed" or were there any rigid pieces? One of the many things I hate about LVC in the US is that most of the jeans they offer are pre-distressed (usually very badly) and then they charge you mucho $$$ for the privilege of buying half-destroyed jeans.

I was able to take a look at a buyer's book of LVC items for Spring 2009 in the U.S. So I assume it's not being phased out in the US.

I remember there being a 1966 501,1890 XX, 1937 501, and a weird "Lot 66" bib overall from the turn-of-the-century (not sure of the year), and a 20's sack coat. There were also some 1930's 501 women's coochie-cutter cutoffs with patches on the butt.

A friend at Levi's in the US told me they're going to be getting current Euro LVC until next season, since Taylor Togg's shut down.

if sombodys interested in a pair of deadstock 606s, just watch out this:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320294003408&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011

ooh how I wish i could squeeze into em, these are my favorite non 501s from levis! maybe some of our asian friends could fit in!?

To answer your question, shorty, yes - most of the pieces were finished. I think I remember the only ones that came in deadstock were the 1947 501, and the 60's 505's.

Thanks...were all those jeans "washed" or were there any rigid pieces? One of the many things I hate about LVC in the US is that most of the jeans they offer are pre-distressed (usually very badly) and then they charge you mucho $$$ for the privilege of buying half-destroyed jeans.

To answer your question, shorty, yes - most of the pieces were finished. I think I remember the only ones that came in deadstock were the 1947 501, and the 60's 505's.

ugh. that really blows. i guess i'll just give up completely on LVC USA.

My first LVC were 1947s, and I had the hardest time finding a pair that were 34x34 for some idiotic reason. So i wore those for six months (and still wearing them) then decided i wanted a pair with a longer inseam. so i had to go to cultizm. the quality of the denim seems to be nicer. it hairier and more slubby than the USA model. does anyone know why that might be? is lvc europe using a different denim for their rigid reissues than lvc US? paul t?

I don't think so...I'm pretty sure that all recent LVCs (at least the last couple years) made in the USA (both for EU and US markets) were done at Taylor Togs. That was of course until Taylor Togs closed down last year.

Regardless, the actual denim for most of the 'standard' rigid jeans definitely came from the same source (Cone Mills). Some of the 'limited edition' models use Japanese denim though.

"LVC repros of the 1947 jeans tend to be undersized. A 34W might actually measure 33. This will shrink to around 31, before stretching back to 32. But remember, the thighs etc will not stretch as much, so these will still be a fairly slim fit."

There's a comparison of 47 v 67 sizing there, too...

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=599611&postcount=3

yeah i really wish i knew this before i got my 47's a while ago. i got my true size and soaked before wearing. they were pretty tight at first, but i've been wearing them for a long time now and the waist is more bearable now but the jeans are are still pretty restricting on my thighs. so from experience, my advice is to size 1 up on lvc 1947 501.

I just bought a pair of US made LVC 1947's in a 38X36. I allowed for 2" of shrinkage in the waist. Cultism also said they measured 37.6"W before. Well, they measured right at 38"W. I have done two shrinks, the last one I soaked in the tub for 3+ hours, and changed the water to keep it warm. Measured after drying, and they are just a 37"W. Any suggestions to get more shrink out? Any help is very appreciated.

Through them in the dryer. You can starch them up if you want them to be crispy afterwards and set creases. Or so I've read.

-Jake