Levi's Vintage Clothing

If you guys get a chance to lay out the new global 501 cut next to a pair of LVC 1947 501's the similarities are impeccable. I had a chance to do this with a washed pair of 2008 501's and deadstock pair of 1947 501's, both in the same size. The leg shape was exact, not a centimeter off. The only difference I could note was that the 2008 501 was a half inch shorter in rise than the 1947 501. Pocket placement was exact. I also tried both on and could barely tell a difference in cut.

The new fabrics being used (in the US at least) are all Cone Mills denim, to boot! The new fabric they developed is aptly named "global blues," and feels soft, sturdy, and nubbly.

Do you have more info on this, Crackerhead?

what do you want to know? also, 98$ selvedge back in stores!

More about the Cone Mills denim. Is it available on the deadstock? Has it raised the price of the non-selvedge 501?

If you guys get a chance to lay out the new global 501 cut next to a pair of LVC 1947 501's the similarities are impeccable. I had a chance to do this with a washed pair of 2008 501's and deadstock pair of 1947 501's, both in the same size. The leg shape was exact, not a centimeter off. The only difference I could note was that the 2008 501 was a half inch shorter in rise than the 1947 501. Pocket placement was exact. I also tried both on and could barely tell a difference in cut.

The new fabrics being used (in the US at least) are all Cone Mills denim, to boot! The new fabric they developed is aptly named "global blues," and feels soft, sturdy, and nubbly.

can you post any picture?

The only other thing I found out about the new 501's is that they are coming in a few selvage finishes (although they might not be offering a STF in the selvage fabric and new cut... At least not right away.)

Does anyone have info on the newly revived Orange Tab line? I saw on a point-of-sale sign in one of the stores they're marketing them as "inspired by fits from the 60's and 70's." And yeah, I looked at a lady's cut as well, and noticed Levi's tabs with big E's on them as well. I heard they'll be rolling out a men's Orange Tab line this fall in the US, too, with cuts inspired by the 606, 646, and 517.

I'm assuming this is what you're talking about...

http://www.levisstore.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2415723&cp=2068573.2075200.2075201

i think we are talking about two different things.. I've seen the LVC 1971 517 saddlemans.. Those are legit LVCs. The ones Im talking about are the brand new 1966 Skinny jeans for Women. Retailed for like 80 bucks, pretty thin weight denim, kinda shitty shade of blue. I saw maybe 3 pairs of these 1966 jeans that had a BIG "e" while the rest had regular small "e"s... HAD to have been a mistake unless levis intentionally mixed in 5-6 pairs of these big e's in with the regular small e's..

there are 1944s form valencia arounf but also non valencia made 44s, depends on the year they had been made... i would buy true to size unless you want the wear quite slim, than i would size down... the thing is, that the waist is quite slim in relation to the seat area which saggy... i also would recommend to buy non valencia made 44 because they are more authentic, the valencia version got a wrong pocket shape, also they are to narrow down the knee...

Those jeans are pretty nice, but damn, the price tag! Definitely not worth it.

Since there is no general Levis tag:

Last night CNN did a report on the state of Levis Inc. Apparently the whole lawsuit regarding red tabs and back stitching had everything to do with much more well known brands like in-house wal-mart and k-mart labels. It was an interesting, short, report that was mostly an advertising piece, but it kept me tuned in.

there are 1944s form valencia arounf but also non valencia made 44s, depends on the year they had been made... i would buy true to size unless you want the wear quite slim, than i would size down... the thing is, that the waist is quite slim in relation to the seat area which saggy... i also would recommend to buy non valencia made 44 because they are more authentic, the valencia version got a wrong pocket shape, also they are to narrow down the knee...

I found a pair of raw 38x38 from 04/99. I wear a 36 and wonder if a long hot soak would shrink them.

FYI - Oki-Ni have pics of the new LVC season:

http://www.oki-ni.com/icat/levisall

They didn't appear too interested in finding a model who the clothes would fit.

The sweater is a neat piece, but it doesn't look much different than my Banana Republic shawl cardigan which is currently rumpled up on my desk next to me as I type.

-Jake