prince_boys18

Levi's Vintage Clothing

18,935 posts in this topic

Interesting chart, I've never seen the 1917 model, although this range misses the 1901 model. THey have the wrong two-horse patch on the 201s.

Which is your fantasy? I would love a pair of the Nevada jeans...

I have read a lot of threads in superdemin and also bought a few different brands of jeans a month ago. Finally,I found LVC will be my true love. When I got the early years' raw LVC (made in valuncia), I feel the denim is thick and comfortable for wearing. Although the jeans made in japanese are better than the ones made in US within some details, in my opinion,LVC is not simply a jeans but also contains American history and culture. I am greatly interested about that so I want to make a collection of it. I appreciate if somebody could tell me about LVC's histroy. For example, which year did 89501,1901501,33501,37 501,44501,66501 the first time to be reproed. Those are the ones I want to collect most.

Thanks for your reply.

Let's talk about LVC

PS:I am not an American^_^!

I just scored a pair of the very rare raw new with tags 1886 LVCs. Should be here sometime next week. Heres the LVC stuff I have as of today.

Alltogether.jpg

My two favorites are my 555 pair of 1920s 201s and also a 555 pair of 37 201s.

I like LVCs attention to detail. I find allot of the Japanese stuff over done. Not ripping on it cause it is good stuff but some of the denim is to heavy or way to slubby compared to original cone mills Levi denim. Most early Levis were 10 oz or less till around the 1930s. Then about 12 oz. I try to search out the early Valencia St stuff. It shows up on e-bay once in a while; even raw sometimes. Just scored a pair of 1933 555s (Valencia St). The 1886s I just scored are not 555s but from the reading I've done the best of the newer LVCs.

Sometimes but to find the older Valencia St stuff e-bay is a good place.

Aero Leather Scotland carries LVC.

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/webapp/aeroleather/servlet/AeroViewPage?page=displaysubcatlist&subcatid=106

LVC stuff in the US is usually more limited to the stuff you can find in Europe or Japan. It just doesn't sell in the US like it does in other markets. This is according to one of the managers at the Levis store on Mich Ave Chicago.

Heres a guy from Germany that sells LVC stuff. Some raw NWT.

http://stores.ebay.com/xxxxxCULTIZM-COMxxxxx

I just scored a pair of the very rare raw new with tags 1886 LVCs. Should be here sometime next week. Heres the LVC stuff I have as of today.

Alltogether.jpg

My two favorites are my 555 pair of 1920s 201s and also a 555 pair of 37 201s.

I like LVCs attention to detail. I find allot of the Japanese stuff over done. Not ripping on it cause it is good stuff but some of the denim is to heavy or way to slubby compared to original cone mills Levi denim. Most early Levis were 10 oz or less till around the 1930s. Then about 12 oz. I try to search out the early Valencia St stuff. It shows up on e-bay once in a while; even raw sometimes. Just scored a pair of 1933 555s (Valencia St). The 1886s I just scored are not 555s but from the reading I've done the best of the newer LVCs.

it's quite amazing!You have so many LVC ,god, I get only 47 and 55, I am going to find others,maybe you could tell me where could buy the early raw LVC?

E-bay but the early 555 stuff can get pricey. All of my pairs were raw when new. I like buckle backs and crotch rivets and leather patches. My 47s are my least favorites in fact I have them on e-bay right now along with a pair of 1933s, 1901s, and a pair of 1937 201s 555.

Sometimes but to find the older Valencia St stuff e-bay is a good place.

Aero Leather Scotland carries LVC.

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/webapp/aeroleather/servlet/AeroViewPage?page=displaysubcatlist&subcatid=106

LVC stuff in the US is usually more limited to the stuff you can find in Europe or Japan. It just doesn't sell in the US like it does in other markets. This is according to one of the managers at the Levis store on Mich Ave Chicago.

Heres a guy from Germany that sells LVC stuff. Some raw NWT.

http://stores.ebay.com/xxxxxCULTIZM-COMxxxxx

I have ordered 4 pairs of jeans from this guy (Cultizm) and I can vouch for his unparalled service, quick shipping and friendly email correspondence. He will soon be opening an online store and has a nice page started. His prices are really very reasonable, I paid just over $200 for my Nudies (RRDS) and this included shipping in 8 days.

Hey, you all might know the answer to this: where can you get the new LVC Type 2 jacket in an unwashed/one wash state? On the Levi website, they have one already busted up.

Or rare LVCs that are not 555 can get pricey. The problem is most LVCs are pre-aged and to fingd the stuff raw you really have to look and might wind up paying some big dough but some of these pre-aged LVCs are selling for $250 and up on the Levis site. I just scored a pair of one soak nver worn 1933s 555 off e-bay for $140. You can find a bargin sometimes if you look hard. There is allot of bogus stuff on ebay so be careful. If its before WWII repro it should have single needle stitching on the arcuate except of course last years 1920s model which had double needle. LVC screw-up. Allot of the bogus stuff also has the cinch in the wrong place.

Speaking of Cultizm on ebay. I bought a pair of 1967 505s with selvedge (not exact replica) for $45 from him.

can somebody school me on the

LVC 1890 raw .. those are my holy grail of jeans at the moment and im bout to purchase them off ebay

I own 44501's from last year and I can already tell these are a baggier fit

a friend of mine has those, they are ridiculous in person. The attention to detail is crazy........those are spendy though sheesh

a friend of mine has those, they are ridiculous in person. The attention to detail is crazy........those are spendy though sheesh

is it $1800+ worth, though? or are those people bidding without knowing they are repros? (maybe the limited quantity of 500 might have something to do with it?)

is there anywhere in NYC i can find a pair of raw 47's cause before i buy a pair of them online i'd really like to try them on and see how they fit.

is there anywhere in NYC i can find a pair of raw 47's cause before i buy a pair of them online i'd really like to try them on and see how they fit.

what size are you? I've got a couple pair that I may be willing to part with - size 34, but I'll have to confirm when I get home. otherwise, since selvedge closed I've been the levi's store uptown on lex. it's hit or miss there, and common sizes don't stay for very long. atrium always carries lvc.