Cone x Roy final picture thread

erk

Post your final pics here. no conversation please.

as Dkatz reminds us:

- 5 photos/submission

- once all photos are up (probably mid-feb), each contestant (plus any former contestants who stayed involved) pms or emails me with their top three choices for "winner", based on:

a. appearance of jeans

b. life the jeans lived

c. participation in the contest thread

- as the votes come to me, i post the votes for public review - i'll do this in the last post of this thread

- after we've decided on the top five, the judges choose the overall winner out of those five. judges are

1. carl chiara (formally of levi's/lvc)

2. ralphe tharpe (formerly of cone)

3. ringring (currently of ringing)

4. christophe loiron (of mister freedom)

bud strickland (of cone)

[roy slaper as alternate]

i propose that everyone feel free to post whatever they want in the regular contest thread, but that this thread be reserved exclusively for final submission posts. in other words, this thread should only ever have 30 posts (plus instruction and score-tallying posts - i will delete this post). let's keep this thread as clean as possible to make all of our lives easier!

Edited by erk

Posted · Hidden by fre-co, January 7, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by fre-co, January 7, 2012 - No reason given

Looking good so far.

I might have to use the ones I already posted in the other thread... not sure if I'll have a chance to take any better ones in day light before the end date.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by dkatz, January 4, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by dkatz, January 4, 2012 - No reason given

erk: How about updating the first post with the plans/rules for submission?

As I remember:

- 5 photos/submission

- Once all photos are up (probably mid-Feb), each contestant (plus any former contestants who stayed involved) pms or emails me with their top three choices for "winner", based on:

A. Appearance of jeans

B. Life the jeans lived

C. Participation in the contest thread

- as the votes come to me, i post the votes for public review - i'll do this in the last post of this thread

- After we've decided on the top five, the judges choose the overall winner out of those five. Judges are

1. carl chiara (formally of levi's/lvc)

2. ralphe tharpe (formerly of cone)

3. ringring (currently of ringing)

4. christophe loiron (of mister freedom)

Bud Strickland (of Cone)

[roy slaper as alternate]

I propose that everyone feel free to post whatever they want in the regular contest thread, but that this thread be reserved exclusively for final submission posts. In other words, this thread should only ever have 30 posts (plus instruction and score-tallying posts - i will delete this post). Let's keep this thread as clean as possible to make all of our lives easier!

Edited by dkatz

final pics.... the executive fade

worn pretty much everyday, but i had to keep them neat n tidy to meet schools dress code

in hindsight i should have just worn them after work and thrashed them

final1p.jpg

final2dn.jpg

you can see where the combs were forming before i altered them and where new ones have merged in

final3is.jpg

first time ive carried a phone in my pocket enough to cause wear... i never did go back and put the hip rivets back on

final4t.jpg

Worn every dang day. Evenings of workdays, full time every other, and for every adventure and project. One soak, two machine washes. They sure didn't advance much, I think it's either the loose fit, or I'm just a marshmallow softie.

Front flat.

contestflatfront1.jpg

Rear flat. I have a special understanding with bees, but they still didn't build me any dang combs!

contestflatrear.jpg

Front fit.

ROYfrontLEE.jpg

Rear fit.

contestrearfit1.jpg

Detail.

contestdetail.jpg

Edited by Joseph Hill

Posted (edited) · Hidden by UkeNo, January 12, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by UkeNo, January 12, 2012 - No reason given

Great Contest guys. Congratulations to all of you - the effort and dedication put in was great to watch over the year.

Gets my vote for 'Thread of the Year 2011' If there was such a thing.

Any more Roy contests planned (apart from the patch)? Be great to see this happen again.

Cheers

Edited by UkeNo
Posted · Hidden by fre-co, January 15, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by fre-co, January 15, 2012 - No reason given

Can we keep the conversation out of this thread and in the main ROY contest thread guys. Just so there won't be loads of posts to sift through when judging commences. Maybe you can move your posts there?

(I will delete this post)

Since december was spent mostly in a suit, progress was minimal, so i'm happy to stay with my end-of-november update.

As far as i'm concerned, the bitchassedness about this-vote/that-vote/popularity/update-frequency/yadayadayada, has only served to end a great year on a sour note.

c ya

6350553899_9ccd0c0694_z.jpg

6350556075_ab2e38bc6b_z.jpg