Crisp ,Clean, Well-fitting Dress Shirts , and Pants,

homi29

I'm looking to get something more mature for work and clubbing and such.

Nothing too stripey , they rarely ever look good to me

I like sold colored dress shirts, crisp and clean, a nice slimmer fit, but not super tight. Just a good shiloute and good material for a reasonable price

I dont mind some stripes or patterns if they look good. Id like to try everything on before i buy, so local toronto spots are preferred

Also looking for some nice dress pants to rock on more formal occasions

I'm looking to get something more mature for work and clubbing and such.

Nothing too stripey , they rarely ever look good to me

I like sold colored dress shirts, crisp and clean, a nice slimmer fit, but not super tight. Just a good shiloute and good material for a reasonable price

I dont mind some stripes or patterns if they look good. Id like to try everything on before i buy, so local toronto spots are preferred

Also looking for some nice dress pants to rock on more formal occasions

brooks brothers and hickey freeman are nice, and dont cost so much. but again, i suggest brioni.

Hey homi29, glad you asked a more formal wear oriented question.

If your in the UK go to Jermyn st , London, get any slim fit shirt.

but your in toronto ive just read

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk

http://www.hawesandcurtis.com

http://www.oeshirts.co.uk

all websites are pretty good for sizing

I asked a similar question at style forum but all I got was suggestions for suits.

What could one wear with a stripy shirt, my cuffed apcs look odd with it.

Im thinking apc slims hemmed, but i dunno, other than dress pants..

what do you guys wear with nice shirts other than a suit??

ignore the narcotic lure of brand names. brand names don't mean anything if they don't fit your body right. try finding a good tailor to make dress shirts and pants that will meet your specifications and fit your body. maybe try chinatown and see if there are any trained tailors. right now, i have the luxury of being in hong kong so i had a suit made for myself along with some dress shirts. i brought in some magazines of what i was looking for, specified a slim cut, and picked all the material out myself. the suit was like $300. shieet. so cheap. dood even monogrammed my initials in the dress shirt.

I dont really need a suit right now, just dress shirts, keep it simple

im in Toronto, so you'll have to recommend some stores, i go through the mall and see nothing that catches my eye, you got the gino style clubwear of mexx, the boring blandless of the gap and such

i thought about holt's, but the prices are difficult to justify. Id like to find a perfect white dress shirt, or find a brand that fits perfectly and just buy 4-5 different styles/colors. Unlike denim or sneakers, i dont really get excited about buying dress shirts , so that does hurt

anyone have info on polos too, all i like right now is RL, i like em even more than Lacoste

Band of Outsiders (bandofoutsiders.com)... They're criiiiisp and alot of 'em have beautiful darting on the back (something you can get a tailor for you to do on any shirt actually...) that makes the shirts super slim fitting. If you're not a size large or small then I'll tell you where to get 'em online.

;) j/k there's a huge sale on shopjake.com if you consider 50% off of $300 a good price.

Otherwise dude, just go for some BenSherman shirts from bluefly, they're cheap and usually have 3 button cuffs and english wide collars (which I like)

if you're fairly slim, YSL has excellent dress shirts that'll take you from work to club or whatever, for about $300. i bought one that fits perfectly and now i buy fabrics i like and have tailors copy it.

I agree with chagoo!! Try out JANTZENtailor.com (HK shirtmakers) as a possibility for making copies of your shirt CHEAP! They seem to have alot of good fabrics. The only downside is that they may take FOREVER to fulfill your order.

No doubt the Jermyn Street guys make some nice shirts i.e., Pink, CT, etc., but if you can't beat finding an excellent tailor to make some bespoke shirts for you. They will provided anything you want: Spread collars, french cuffs, monogramming, Egyptian cotton, etc.

The best part is the price. While the most basic Jermyn Street starts at around $138, bespoke shirts from are around $30-$40. Check out Rajawongse on Nana in Bangkok. They know their shit....

ignore the narcotic lure of brand names. brand names don't mean anything if they don't fit your body right. try finding a good tailor to make dress shirts and pants that will meet your specifications and fit your body. maybe try chinatown and see if there are any trained tailors. right now, i have the luxury of being in hong kong so i had a suit made for myself along with some dress shirts. i brought in some magazines of what i was looking for, specified a slim cut, and picked all the material out myself. the suit was like $300. shieet. so cheap. dood even monogrammed my initials in the dress shirt.

exactly...

$300 is straight thievery. lucky jerk!

homi29, i usually go to united colors of benetton for my dress shirts. and i have the same sentiments as you; i find kicks and jeans far more appealing. but, back to what i was saying, benetton shirts are fitted to form a nice silhouette without being tight. they also aren't very long (they're like ben sherman shirts) so you can tuck them in without having to much "puff" above the tuck-in area. you can also leave 'em untucked without feeling like you have too much fabric. and lastly, their basic colors are cheap and can usually be spotted on sale during the right times (like right now acutally).

JANTZENtailor.com !!! Good god, I forgot to mention jantzen.

• 7 months later...
wow that jantzen website has so much variety

I placed an order w/ them 6+ months ago and still haven't heard from them! Never charged my card tho, I don't think...

Damn I thought this was a recent thread and was ready to hop on some shopjake.com Cloak steals :(

My two cents on this would be Hugo Boss. Yes it's pretty mainstream, but I have 1 Hugo Boss shirt that is by far my best-fitting shirt. I'm pretty slim and most dress shirts (even "fitted/tailored" ones) fit me like trashbags, but my Boss shirt fits my silhouette perfectly. They're not TOO expensive (comparitively), and Boss also makes reall nice flat-front pants.

Yo homi,

In Toronto I go to these places for dress shirts:

Holt Renfrew

Harry Rosen

Club Monaco

You can get stuff on sale at Holts and HR and just get plain shirts at CM which are cheap when on sale, slim and clean. Just get basic white/black etc. Nothing is slicker than a black shirt in black pants when done properly.

Also go to Holts Last Call in Vaughan Mills and you can get some good stuff there on the cheap. Boss shirts for $70, but I presonally find they fit too baggy.

I love Band of Outsiders but I don't think they are what you are lookign for. They have a more worn in look and are very classic with button down collars etc.

Although I despise clubbing, dressing for "clubbing" isnt hard. Just don't want to look like the rest of the bros there who usually look like (poorly dressed) clones.

What could one wear with a stripy shirt, my cuffed apcs look odd with it.

Im thinking apc slims hemmed, but i dunno, other than dress pants..

what do you guys wear with nice shirts other than a suit??

throw a v neck sweater or an interesitng knit sweater over it and put on some grey or black slim jean. I however avoid astriped shirtas for the most part. Then some slick all white or all black sneakers or some chelsea boot or lace ups