tate + yoko - the official thread

TATE + YOKO

Pretty funny, but let's get the thread back on track :)

We've picked up some Viberg 1950 Service Boots, and will have a small run of the Scout boot in a few weeks. Every pair is hand crafted in Victoria, BC and everything about these screams quality.

1950 SERVICE BOOT - BLACK CALFSKIN WITH DAINITE SOLE - $830

Link

esn7e8.jpg

1950 SERVICE BOOT - BROWN COWHIDE WITH 4014 CHRISTY SOLE - $680

Link

yiiyv.jpg

1950 SERVICE BOOT - BUFFALO SUEDE / SMOOTH WITH DAINITE SOLE - $600

Link

23w3z29.jpg

Edited by TATE + YOKO

Viberg boots look great!!! What's with Paul Rose having only a 34 inseam? With shrinkage they will only be 32 or 31! And why only 36 w on most products? Has the 38 w been sold? Is it really odd to see someone in Quebec with a waist larger than 36 (34 with shrinkage) and an inseam greater than 34? Last time I checked construction and tradesmen were generally built. Not mad just really disappointed.

Viberg boots look great!!! What's with Paul Rose having only a 34 inseam? With shrinkage they will only be 32 or 31! And why only 36 w on most products? Has the 38 w been sold? Is it really odd to see someone in Quebec with a waist larger than 36 (34 with shrinkage) and an inseam greater than 34? Last time I checked construction and tradesmen were generally built. Not mad just really disappointed.

My paulrose only shrunk about 1 to 1.5 in the inseam. At first I thought they shrunk too much, but I think they settled nicely.

Laziness is what's up.

We've spent 6 years building a brand, writing copy, researching spec lists, and measuring every size of every shirt. Coming along and swiping all that from our site is low.

calm down kiya =) ;)

CHAIN-STITCH HEMMING NOW AVAILABLE AT TATE + YOKO!

346apg4.jpg

Vintage Union Special 43200G

Chain-stitching is free for all denim purchased in-store or online. Simply send an e-mail to [email protected] at the time of purchase to request hemming, and the desired inseam length.

$25 (+shipping, taxes if applicable) for all denim purchased elsewhere. Please send an e-mail request beforehand. Denim can be sent to the following address:

Tate + Yoko

ATTN: Alex / Chain-Stitching

9124 St-Laurent Blvd

Montreal, QC H2N 1M9

Canada

Turn around time for all orders is between 2 to 5 business days, excluding shipping.

D#

2aaeooo.jpg

Only in Japan can you find jeans being made in a train station! All D# jeans are proudly made in Ibara Station in Okayama Prefecture!

D#, which is owned by the Ibara Apparel Union, is pronounced “Dee Eeeâ€. The # in Japanese characters sounds like “Eee†and is short for the city name which is pronounced like “Eee-baraâ€.

The city of Ibara, which has been making denim and jeans since the mid 1950s, is known for its shuttle loom denim mills and vintage style sewing factories. The Ibara Apparel Union created this store and brand to showcase the talented jeans craftsmen and quality sewing culture of their fine city.

The D# Store is located inside the Ibara Station and as you can see in the photos below is filled with vintage machines including the famous Union Special 43200G chain-stitch, a vintage Union Special Feed Off machine and more.

Tate + Yoko is proudly the only store outside of the Ibara Train Station selling these great handmade jeans!

2hxyoo4.jpg29xzwxu.jpg16ljy9d.jpgt87p53.jpg

10qzdiw.jpg2hqxdgj.jpg

D# N-01 jean, straight leg one-wash indigo selvedge denim - $270 - LINK

Straight leg with a slight taper

one wash

14.5oz Japanese selvedge denim

Deerskin leather patch

black brass donut buttons

hidden copper rivets

chain-stitched hem and waistband

rm5shg.jpg

Edited by TATE + YOKO

oni 2021hm - hand made, fell seam sewing

2me1u2q.jpgxmnb05.jpg

All ONI denim uses an extremely low tension weave with uneven thread and yarn, which gives it a hand woven texture. Woven on a single - the only capable loom of producing Oni denim- and operated by a single, god-like weaver.

Replicating late 1800's 5 pocket jeans, the 2021HM is a relaxed straight leg, which is sewn with a vintage single needle sewing machine, including the parts of the jean which would normally be done using a double needle or chain-stitch machine. The front and back centre seams, normally chain-stitched, as well as back the back yoke seams on these jeans are done with a flat felled seam.

14 oz raw unsanforized / shrink-to-fit Japanese selvedge denim

Deer skin leather patch

Button fly

100% cotton

100% cotton thread

Made in Japan

Closer look and measurements at the following: link

nbujvs.jpg2hxo7ra.jpg

2622rev.jpg331g6c6.jpg

Closer look and measurements at the following: link

Edited by TATE + YOKO

do you guys plan on offering a chain stitching service any time soon?

CHAIN-STITCH HEMMING NOW AVAILABLE AT TATE + YOKO!

346apg4.jpg

Vintage Union Special 43200G

Chain-stitching is free for all denim purchased in-store or online. Simply send an e-mail to [email protected] at the time of purchase to request hemming, and the desired inseam length.

$25 (+shipping, taxes if applicable) for all denim purchased elsewhere. Please send an e-mail request beforehand. Denim can be sent to the following address:

Tate + Yoko

ATTN: Alex / Chain-Stitching

9124 St-Laurent Blvd

Montreal, QC H2N 1M9

Canada

Turn around time for all orders is between 2 to 5 business days, excluding shipping.

already do!

t&y ... i can't find on your site how you measure your denim. I have to admit that I've made purchase errors in the past by confusing the methods used by big and se.

for instance,

big measures waist aligned (which i prefer) and se unaligned ... from my experience, the difference between methods can be as much as 1.5 sizes

se measures upper thigh 1" from crotch (which i prefer) and big at crotch

Edited by Kwaker

t&y ... i can't find on your site how you measure your denim. I have to admit that I've made purchase errors in the past by confusing the methods used by big and se.

for instance,

big measures waist aligned (which i prefer) and se unaligned ... from my experience, the difference between methods can be as much as 1.5 sizes

se measures upper thigh 1" from crotch (which i prefer) and big at crotch

We measure with the waist aligned, and from the crotch for the upper thigh. Send me a PM or email to [email protected] if you're still unsure about sizing.

Posted · Hidden by gchildz, January 25, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by gchildz, January 25, 2012 - No reason given

hi interested to purchase some item...but your international shipping charges quiet high...me so need to know what method or which company are you using for international, USPS, UPS, DHL, FEDEX? does it have tracking no? Also are you able to mark down the price or better mark it as a gift? to avoid hefty custom tax...

also no intention to throw in free ship for item over CAD $200?

the following is now available at

tate + yoko! we'll be adding new ss12 styles every day for the next couple of weeks so keep an eye on the home page. if you don't see your size or have any questions, just send me an email or pm.

weird guy frankenstein 2 -

link

v77cx5.jpg

beautiful taupe colour with bumpy and irregular yarn, with alternating and mixed twill directions. close ups of the fabric are up on the product page. 13.5oz raw sanforized denim. only available in the weird guy cut. size 28-38. you won't find anything else like this for $135.

weird guy scratch-n-sniff raspberry scented -

link

23mu43s.jpg

the denim is coated and baked with special raspberry scented micro-capsules which will last up to 5 washes. the denim is about 2 shades darker than the deep indigo. 12.5oz raw sanforized denim. only available in the weird guy cut. size 28-36. very limited stock. $150

Edited by TATE + YOKO

Well my days ruined. Lol.

When are the painters coming through? They will be offered in WG, right?

Yep, available in the Weird Guy fit. They've arrived in the warehouse already, so they'll be up on the website by wednesday/thursday.

So for those who haven't noticed, the store's name means "Vertical + Horizontal." Probably a reference to two types of denim fades. Anyway, I think it's cool how they're bringing some new brands to the West.

warp and weft!

Posted · Hidden by offyatree, February 6, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by offyatree, February 6, 2012 - No reason given

alex, it would great if you could post pics of a model wearing each denim so we get the idea of how the denim fits on a person/mannequin. other than that, you have a great shop, reasonable price, and lastly i just got my SDA off you :D

Posted · Hidden by offyatree, February 6, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by offyatree, February 6, 2012 - No reason given

kiya, you do need a fat penis stuck in your mouth, really. shame on you, mister. you seemed to be pissed off and insecure. ha!